Chapter 1

Lunatic Shadow

 

It was a Saturday morning and you woke up unexpectedly earlier than that of your usual. You got up at 7AM and you were too excited to get dressed on your new outfit which your brother, Sungyeol bought you two days ago. It was a white dress with floral designs all over. Kwangmin liked it whenever you wore dresses because he thinks it's very feminine. On the other hand, he hated it when you wore jeans and fitted blouses. He didn’t liked it when other guys would have their mouths water by the sight of your curves.

 

"Yah, I know you're too excited and all that, but could you please slow down a bit? You're just going on a date with your beloved cutie. That's not so special to me." Sungyeol mumbled from his seat. He was munching on some chips which started a little while ago.

 

You raised an eyebrow at him and said, "You should get a girlfriend too. I know how envious you are."

Sungyeol smirked and muttered, "Sorry but I don’t need one. And for your information, I really don't like your boyfriend. He's too cute he'll get snatched away too easily. And you, would end up crying just like me."

 

You whacked your brother's head and stared at the mirror for a while before you went off.

 

You had a date with your boyfriend Kwangmin. You two had been going out for two years now. It was since you were in 2nd year high school.

 

 He told you yesterday that he's going to introduce you to some people. At first you were nervous, and you kind of freaked out because you didn’t have any idea on who could those people be.

 

You pressed on your dress and combed your hair with your fingertips when you saw Kwangmin approaching. You were at the coffee shop, waiting for his arrival.

 

"Hi. Am I late?" Kwangmin uttered and kissed you on the forehead before he sat in front of you and stared at you for a minute.

You looked at yourself, Is there anything wrong with my dress? Do I have dirt on my face?? Omona… You thought.

 

Kwangmin smiled at you and muttered, "Don't worry, you look perfect.. As always."

You felt yourself blushed from the sudden compliment. You looked away and drank the glass of water which has been in front of you for a couple of minutes now.

 

"W-what would you like to order?" you asked in a shyly manner. Kwangmin smiled at you once more before  he stood up from his seat.

"Let's go." he said as he reached for your hand. "We're not going to order anything in here. You're going to meet my family today." he added.

 

Your eyes widened in surprise as you stood up, speechless and almost losing your mind.

 

Kwangmin lead you to his car and opened the door for you. You swiftly hopped inside and fixed your dress once more so it would stay as neat as possible. You grabbed your face powder inside your bag and started to redo your light make up. "Oppa, do I look okay?? How come you didn’t told me I'm going to meet your family today? Gah~ I so hate you…" you muttered when he started driving.

 

"Sorry… I told you it's going to be a surprise on where we'll be going today right? Are you mad?" he asked with a frown on his face.

You shook your head and said, "It's okay… I just can't help but panic… I'm finally going to meet them, after two years we've been together…"

 

"Would you be happier if I have introduced you to them much earlier? I'm really sorry…" Kwangmin apologized as he slowed his car down and stopped near a sidewalk. "They were away for two years. And I wanted you to meet them as soon as they arrive back here. And here it is now, the chance."

You shook your head once more and silently muttered, "Oppa, that’s not what I meant… I- I'm feeling nervous… they might not like me…"

Kwangmin leaned closer to you as he placed a hand on your nape and pulled you closer for a kiss.

 

"O-oppa… it's going to ruin my lip gloss…" you stuttered to speak. You really wanted to kiss him but unfortunately, you were too worried about your lip gloss. You didn’t want to make a mess.

Kwangmin chuckled and placed a strand of hair behind your ear, "I know cutie. I told you, you already look perfect. Stop worrying okay? My family is nice. They're going to like you for sure."

You nodded at him but you were unsure. Guess you would just have to find out.

 

After a few minutes, you arrived at a huge house which was surrounded by a beautiful garden. It almost looked like paradise.

 

"Whoah~ this is your  home oppa??" you asked in awe. You've already been at Kwangmin's apartment, but the house in front of you was entirely different.

 

He nodded at you as he lead you out of the car, and into the front door of the house. You stood still by the doorstep,  amazed and was pre-occupied. "Ready?" he asked you as he beamed you a smile. You let out a sigh until the front door opened by itself.

 

"Omona! Sister-in-law is already here!" a tall guy with blonde hair suddenly popped out from nowhere and sent you a very inviting and warm smile. He looked like a replica of Kwangmin. You smiled back as he grabbed your hand and pulled you inside the house. Kwangmin was left to close the door while you, were already dragged inside the living room.

 

"Umma, Appa, look who's here." the tall blonde-haired guy said.

You felt yourself intimidated when you saw his parents, sitting patiently by the couch, maybe waiting for you?

 

A lady, who looked like she's on her 40s stood up and went over to you. The blonde- haired guy was still holding your hand and you never noticed it until Kwangmin came and slapped the hand off of yours. "Sorry to be rude bro. But that's my girlfriend's hand you're holding."

 

The blonde- haired guy was surprised. He backed off and went to his dad. "Oh dear, you are Kwangmin's girlfriend? I am so happy to see you. Call me your umma dear." she smiled at you and it made you feel so happy. You felt welcomed. They weren't rude to you at all. "U-umma… My name's Seong eun… It's very nice to have finally met you…" you bowed down to her and flashed her a smile before you turned to look at the blonde- haired guy who appeared to be, Kwangmin's twin brother.

 

"Youngmin, get this lady something to drink." his dad told him. You greeted their dad nicely as he did the same. You felt more than welcomed. They were really nice.

 

You and Kwangmin's mother sat down for a while and chit-chatted about your life, and their lives. You were exchanging stories, trying to get along when Kwangmin suddenly interrupted. "Mom, I need to borrow my girlfriend for a moment."

His mom nodded in agreement as Kwangmin took your hand to God-knows-where. You were then dragged inside his room. Again, you were amazed by its room size. It was pretty big for Kwangmin alone. He closed the door and locked it for you two to have some privacy. You went by the window and stared at the view outside. It was really nice, the ambience and the wind. Your home didn’t have that kind of feeling. Yours was kind of dull.

 

Not later than that, Kwangmin wrapped his hands around your waist and nuzzled his face on your neck. "Do you want to live here with me?" he asked.

You weren't totally surprised, since he had been asking you the same thing whenever you two are alone. "Of course. Someday." you muttered.

He closed his eyes and held you tighter, "I love you…" he whispered on your ear that it made you giggled uncontrollably. He grinned as he spun you around slowly, making you face him.

"Do you love me?" he asked, popping his eyes wide open.

You smiled at him and uttered, "Of course I do."

 

Half a minute later after staring at each other, he slowly closed his eyes and made his way to your lips. You were tempted so much, since his lips, and he himself  made you so addictive.

 

Knock knock!

 

A sudden interruption made you two stopped. Kwangmin hissed as he let go of you and asked the person behind the door, whom you assumed, might be his brother Youngmin. "What do you need." he asked coldly.

 

"Uh, need to get something. I think I forgot my phone inside your room." Youngmin said. Kwangmin sighed and eyed the phone above his study table. He grabbed it and unlocked the door to give it to Youngmin. Youngmin saw you standing by the window comfortably. He raised an eyebrow when he saw some pretty visible messed up lip gloss around your lips. You blushed at how he noticed it and turned around to let him see no more.

 

After he had gotten what he needed, Kwangmin slammed the door closed and went back to you. "Sorry about that."

You smiled and wiped off something from his lips, some of your messed up lip gloss. Kwangmin let out a cute chuckle as he pressed his lips to yours once more. You could feel his warm breath and the more he tightened his arms wrapped around you, the more it made you feel relaxed. You held onto him until--

 

Knock knock!

 

An interruption again. You couldn’t help but get annoyed by it, since you were already letting yourself drown on your sweetest dream with Kwangmin. You were thinking that Kwangmin would break away from you and would ask his cute brother what he needed but he didn’t. Instead, he deepened into the kiss and let Youngmin knock several times.

 

"Kwangmin, open up." Youngmin knocked some more, leaving banging sounds in your ears. You pulled away from the kiss only to find a madman in front of you. "What do you want?!" he yelled at Youngmin as he pulled the door open leaving you surprised.

 

Youngmin kind of backed off with a smirk on his face as he uttered, "Sorry for disturbing you two, but it's time to eat."

Kwangmin bats his eyelashes as he slammed the door closed once more. He turned to face you with a fake smile, "I'm sorry. Maybe we should get some lunch already."

You pinched his cheek and kissed it before you held his hand and went out of the room together. "Don't be mad at him oppa."

 

When you two got back downstairs, Kwangmin lead you to their dining room and there you saw a long table with his parents seated next to each other while Youngmin was at the opposite side. "Here sister-in-law." Youngmin patted on the empty chair beside him, telling you to sit down. You took a glance at his parents and smiled before you sat down. "Please help yourself dear. We prepared all of your favorite dishes so you would get to eat as much." their mother said.

You smiled at her and said, "Thank you so much, U-umma…"

Youngmin chuckled and uttered, "You don't have to be so shy. We're your family too."

You looked at Youngmin who was seated beside you and flashed him a smile, "I'm not. I'm just… not used to calling your mom, my mom…"

"I understand that you lost someone. But don’t you think it would be nice to have someone you can call your mom?" their mom uttered to you.

"Umma. I'm hungry." Kwangmin interrupted the talk to change the topic. He knew you didn’t want to talk about your mom because it would probably make you burst into tears.

 

You had a nice lunch time with them. You were so  full that you decided not to eat dinner that night. Care for some diet but Kwangmin won't let you. "You're eating dinner tonight. Diets are not allowed."

You pouted at him and asked, "Why not oppa? I'm too fat. I want to at least skip a meal when I'm not hungry."

"Yah. You're so y I can't resist you. Why do you want to go on a diet? Want to get prettier for someone else?" Kwangmin teased you. You two were at the couch, digesting everything you ate.

"Am not. Just want to get thinner." you talked back.

Kwangmin smirked and muttered, "You want to look like those anorexic ladies? I'm telling you, it won't look good on you. Isn't what I wanted more important?"

You shook your head and faced him, "It's not that. Of course what you want is more important than anything else, but--"

"Obey it if it's important." he let you speak no more.

 

You let out a sigh and stood up, leaving him alone in the couch, "Going to get some water." you said as you walked off with an annoyed face.

 

You reached the kitchen only to find Kwangmin's brother washing all the dishes. "Hey sister-in-law. Anything you need?" Youngmin asked. You nodded and uttered, "I'm thirsty oppa."

Youngmin chuckled and wiped his wet hands off with a towel. "I'll get you some."

"Why are you washing the dishes? Don’t you have house maids?" you asked as he opened the fridge.

"Nah, hate to disturb them when they're busy doing something else. I told them to have their day-offs today." he answered back.

 

He gave you a glass of water before he went back to washing the dishes. You gulped everything down up to the last drop and stood beside him. "Let me help."

Youngmin smiled at you, saying nothing. "I say it's a yes." you smiled back and washed the dishes with him. He washed everything with soap and you wiped them dry.

 

"Sorry about earlier. I was trying not to make Kwangmin mad but I guess I still did." Youngmin apologized.

You laughed at it and uttered, "You can't blame him. He's a guy after all."

He shrugged and muttered, "I know, I know. But he's always mad at me, I don’t even know why."

You looked at him for a moment and asked, "Why? I think you're nice."

 

"Oh God he's not." Kwangmin suddenly popped out from behind and walked towards you two.
"Oppa. What--"

 

Kwangmin cut you off when he wrapped his arms around your waist and nudged his chin on your shoulders. "I can't believe you're already practicing that kind of house work."

"Uh--hey, Youngmin's here…" you whispered and slightly pushed him with your elbow.

"I'm okay Kwangmin. You can take her." Youngmin uttered without even looking. Kwangmin grabbed a towel and wiped your hands with it.

"Thank you HYUNG." he stressed out the last part.

 

You two went outside for some fresh air and sat by the bench in the backyard.

 

"Why do you treat your brother like that?" you abruptly asked.

Kwangmin shrugged and let out a sigh. "You don’t know him cutie."

"I do. He's your brother." you replied.

Kwangmin held your hand and said, "I know, he is. But you just met him. What if-- what if  you fell for him? He's the type of guy that girls would most likely fall for. "

"What, you're treating him like that because you're scared of losing me?" you tried not to laugh or anything. You never knew he could be so childish with that kind of thought.

 

Kwangmin looked away with a smile on his face, trying to hide the embarrassment. "Of course. Who wouldn’t be. Youngmin looks exactly like me. He's even nicer. If you had known him much earlier then you would have fallen for him first. Good thing he was away with mom and dad."

You finally let yourself burst into laughter, "Yah, don’t be such a kid."

"What, stop laughing at me." Kwangmin muttered.

 

You cupped his cheeks with your palms and made him looked at you. You stared at him straight in the eye and whispered under your breath. "I only love you..."

He smiled so beautifully that it left you stunned until he spoke, "Me too. Only you."

 

After a while, you went back inside  the house and saw Kwangmin's mom on the couch watching some tv show. "Where have you been dear?" she asked Kwangmin.

"Just out for some fresh air mom." Kwangmin replied as you two sat down with her.

His mom turned off the tv and said, "Kwangmin dear, would you mind getting me a glass of water?"

Kwangmin nodded in reply and left you alone with his mom.

 

"Oh dear, how I hope you two will get married soon." Kwangmin's mom uttered, breaking the silence.

You stuttered in awe, "Uh- I--"

You could see her wrinkles formed up as her lips curved for a little smile, "I want to see my grandsons and granddaughters before I die."

"Please don’t say that Umma… You're going to live for a long time…" you reassured her.

 

"Mom, water~" Kwangmin chimed as he approached his mom with a glass of cold water in it.

"Thank you dear." his mom said.

 

Just as when you were about to say something to her mom, Kwangmin pulled you up and uttered, "Mom, we'll be upstairs. Call me if you need anything okay?"

His mom nodded in reply as you two walked off, leaving her alone.

 

"Why are we here again?" you asked, a hint of confusion in your voice. You were at his home, and you were supposed to bond with his family, not with just him.

Kwangmin flashed you a dirty look and said, "Going to continue some  unfinished business."

You smirked and uttered, "Yah, we shouldn’t. This is your home. We should give some respect to your parents or your brother at the least."

Kwangmin shrugged and pouted at you, "You aren't going to give me a kiss?"

You shook your head, "Nope. It's getting suspicious on why we have to hide in here."

"Where not hiding. Are we?" Kwangmin asked himself as he sat by the window.

 

You stood in front of him and stared as he took off his necklace, and his watch.

 

"Wha--What are you doing oppa??" you asked, a hint of idea playing in your brain. "Oh no, no, no. Not in here…"

 

You were about to ran off when he caught you in his arms, "Gotcha." He flailed you around. You wanted to scream out loud but you couldn’t, since you're at his house, and his whole family's in there. "Y-Yah, put me down!" you cried out.

 

You stumbled when he placed you down, your legs were wobbling and they were unsteady. Not long after that, you hit the floor. "Argh! Jo Kwangmin!" you called out for him. He kneeled at you and smiled like he was so having fun. His smile sent some butterflies in your stomach. You blinked your eyes repeatedly and rested your arms on the floor for some support.

 

"You're so cute." he uttered under his breath.

You glared at him, "What do you want from me."

Kwangmin pouted at you and cupped your cheek with his hand, "I want you."

"But you already have me."

"I want your everything." he uttered with a stare of lustful eyes.

 

Knock knock!

 

"I am not going to get that door for him." Kwangmin murmured as he pulled you to stand up.

You looked at the door, "I'll get it."

Kwangmin let out a sigh and watched as you opened the door.

 

"Hey sister-in-law. Mom needs you downstairs." Youngmin said. Kwangmin had a mad face on which was pretty noticeable.

"I'll be there." you replied and slowly slid the door closed.

 

"Go on. Mom needs you." Kwangmin muttered as he sent you an annoyed expression on his face.

You didn’t  say anything, since it might just add some oil to the fire. You went downstairs and then to his mom.

 

"Umma?"

"Yes dear? Anything you need?" she asked you.

You stared at her in confusion and muttered, "Uh, Youngmin told me--"

"Youngmin?" she asked once more. You looked around and saw Youngmin standing in the kitchen. "It's nothing umma. Sorry."

 

You decided not to ask Youngmin on why he told you his mom needed you, when she really didn’t. You let it slipped away. It must have been a mistake. You went back to Kwangmin's room and saw him laid down, resting on bed. "Oppa? Asleep?" He moved a little and flashed you a smile before he sat up. He didn’t say anything. He just smiled at you like he was not so annoyed earlier when Youngmin disturbed him. You sat beside him, clueless and feeling weird. "I'll take you home cutie."

 

"Now?" you asked him after you took a glance at your watch. It was only 4PM.

Kwangmin nodded and said, "Yep. We got assignments to finish right? Let's stay at your house instead. I don’t like it here."

You nodded in defeat and agreed with what he said, "Sungyeollie is at home. You sure you're okay with it?"

"Yep. As long as I can kiss you longer, I'm extremely okay with it." Kwangmin chuckled and held hands with you as you got downstairs.

 

"You're going home?" his dad asked you.

You faked a smile and said, "Unfortunately, yes appa… My brother called, asking me to come home already…" you bit your bottom lip. You were obviously lying.

"That's too bad. Anyway, please come and visit us again some time soon okay? We might leave for another vacation." his dad replied.

 

You waved good bye to them and to Youngmin, who was smiling more beautifully than Kwangmin. Youngmin's smile got stuck in your head that you couldn’t forget about it. It was so angelic.

 

 

***hey there people ! back again with the first chapter. Oh wait, let me upload the second one already. :) Please do comment and subscribe~!***