Once more

Once more

"I have to cancel again" L.joe confessed over the phone. With that remark, your insides churn uncomfortably.

"We can try again next week" you say in an almost whisper.

"Sorry Jinah good bye" he hung up with that last word. 

The last two months you and L.joe have become more and more buried in work. Considering you both were balancing two part time jobs, time was precious.

You worked as a clerk and a librarian. Good thing too, you loved books and the peace in there. L.joe on the other hand was working as a delivery man, and worked in a bakery. 

Every time the two of you had plans, one of you would get a call and have to go to work. You just wanted time with your boyfriend but that was next to impossible.

Each night you would be home exhausted and that's usually when L.joe left for the bakery. 

In short, you were craving for some time with your boyfriend and you were sure he wanted sometime with you too.

What you really needed right now, was time with him, time to cuddle, time to talk, heck time to do anything together.

Another thing too, every time both of your schedules seemed to clear up, he seemed to worm his way out of it.

It was like he was trying to get away from you. *Am I really that suffocating to him?* After contemplating with yourself you decided to call his best friend, Lee Chanhee, also known as Chunji. He doesn't like being called Chanhee because he said that it sounds too girly.

You dialed up his number on your phone and you waited patiently for his voice.

"Hello who's there?" you heard his cheery voice ask.

"Chunji help me. I don't know what to do and Byunghyun seems like he's worming away from me." you said into your hand phone. 

There was a short silence before he responded.

"I don't know" he lied. The truth was L.Joe did feel tired all the time, but he didn't know about L.Joe's feelings. All he knew was his friend has been under a lot of stress recently and that he was always exhausted.

"I really don't know what to do anymore, what if, what if" you choke out. Just thinking that there's even a possibility Byunghyun could be sick of you, tired of you.

"If what?" Chunji waits for you to continue.

"What if, he's tired of me?" you let a tear roll down and you immediately wipe it away.

"Jinah, listen L.joe, he might be an idiot sometimes but he won't be tired of you alright?" he tried to comfort you but your tears slipped out anyway. Good thing only a few people were left in the library.

"Hey Chunji I got to go I'm really busy" you lied into the phone, he coughed but told you to feel better, you mumbled a response then hung up.

You sat behind the front desk of the library and sank to the floor and hugged your knees. Yes this may seem cliche and stupid but you just needed to let out your emotions.

Deep inside you felt there was something wrong and the something was Byunghyun. He seemed to show signs that he wasn't interested you anymore. Thinking of that made your chest tighten up and spine shudder.

*What happened to us?*

As if your own conscience answered you, your mind replied with *Time happened* With that thought you shook another round of tears out.

*Why does it hurt so much? I'm not even sure.* You wiped away the remaining tears and did you best to stop. After fifteen minutes you managed to stop your flow of tears but now your eyes were slightly red and puffy.

You did your best to stop and after a couple minutes or so, you ceased crying. The only thing that showed you cried was your slight red and puffy eyes.

Looking around, you realized that everyone left and according to your phone it was fifteen past closing time, which left you little under five minutes to catch the bus. You raced around trying to turn off the lights and lock up. You raced outside to the direction of the bus and you saw it already leaving. You inwardly sighed and tugged at your scarf.

*I missed the darned thing* You emit incoherent words under your breath and sit on the bench.

You pull your sweater closer to your body to conserve heat but it does not make any difference. *Of all things I wear I wear this stupid thing*

As you wait you check your phone and it flashes alerting you of a new message.

 

"Hey where are you?" you see it's your friend Gunhwa. He was one of your co worker when you worked at a different part time job.

"Just waiting for my bus why?"

Your screen flashed again and a car came up to you.

"I'm here" you look up to see your friend smirk at you.

"How did you know I was here stalker?" you asked through the window.

"I thought it was you and when your phone lit up I knew it" he grinned his devious smile and patted the car seat.

"Yeah that thing your patting is indeed a car" you tease.

"Just get in, I'll give you a lift home" he rolls his eyes while you get in the car and buckle yourself up.

He speeds off into the direction of your house and the car grows silent.

"So how's life?" he starts off in the most awkward way possible.

You stare him down for a few quick seconds before spilling him your thoughts and emotions. He nods as he drives absorbing the information you are sputtering out. You end with a distressed look plastered on your face.

"Well my dear child, all I can say is to tell your sugarplum muffin oo how you feel" he tells you in a strange accent. Giving him the weirdest look you could muster you thank him for the ride home and head up to your apartment.

When you open the door the lights aren't on and you worriedly glance around.

To your disappointment your boyfriend Byunghyun has already fallen asleep. You change your clothes and lay next to him wishing that his arms would wrap around you. A few minutes pass but you can't fall asleep, instead you turn and face the lamp by the bed you two share.

L.Joe stirs from his sleep and mumbles sleepily to you, "Babe is something wrong?"

"What happened to us? We used to be so close. Now it's just dangling here." You croak your voice starting to crack.

L.Joe notices the cracking in your voice and sits up.

"Sit up, right now" he commands.

Afraid to face him you shake your head and bury yourself underneath the sheet.

He huffs a deep breath before snuggling up to your back placing his face in the crook of your neck. He slowly breathes into your ear giving you the chills.

"Tell me what's wrong, please" he pleads in a low voice.

"It's just we don't have time for each other" you say quietly still not facing him. He flips you over to face him and he nudges your head into his firm chest.

"I'm sorry that I've been neglecting you lately. You know how it's hard to support each other. I love you Jinah. I love you, don't ever forget that" he stares deeply into your eyes before planting a chaste kiss on your forehead.

"I love you too Byungiee" you whisper his nickname into his chest. He lets out a soft chuckle, "Sleep now okay JiJi?"

You nod contented and drift to sleep snuggled next to your boyfriend.

*Maybe time is a good thing*

~~~

You guys will not believe the L.Joe feels I got the day I clicked "Start writing" It was short and sweet just how one shots should be. Well to me anyway. Leave some feedback and if you see any errors in my spelling or grammar please point it out!