Love Radio

Love Radio

“I’m Jaekyung.”

“And I’m Eunbi…”

“Together for, JB Radio!” both girls exclaimed.

     “And we’re off.” the head radio DJ announced. Both girls took off their headphones while the radio lights turn off, swerving their rotating chair to face the exit door to the radio booth.

     Eunbi sagged on her chair, sighing hard. “Problems?” Jaekyung asked while fixing her things, ready to leave for work.

     The younger girl looked at her with depressed eyes. “Unnie, you know about my childhood friend right?” she asked almost pleading the other girl to hear her out.

     Jaekyung squinted her eyes, tapping her chin as if the answer lies in there. “That Ulzzang? Hmm, what’s his name again?” she asked.

     “Kiseop. Lee Kiseop.” she stated.

     “What about him?”

     “He wants me to find him a girlfriend…” she said almost whining.

     Jaekyung didn’t even look at her then smiled secretly. “So what about it? You’re the better matchmaker than me. You’re the one who hooked me with Kevin, right?”

     “That’s not it, unnie.” she said in exasperation. “I like him. I really like him.” she said almost crying.

     The older girl giggled at how the other is acting. “Then hook yourself with him.” 

     Eunbi just pouted, sulking much deeper in her chair. “That’s not easy.” she said almost whispering in annoyance. This is one of Eunbi’s traits; Jaekyung knew that sooner or later she’s bound to cry.

     Jaekyung stood up then bowed to meet Eunbi’s gaze. “I’ll help you, don’t worry.” she promised then showed her pinky. The other laced her pinky in hers, knocking their thumbs together. “Come on, I’ll drive you home.” she invited that made the girl jump from her seat.

     Since it’s almost midnight, Jaekyung made a drive through to one of the fast-foods nearby. She and Eunbi had dinner in the car and both headed home, exhausted from work.

 

     Upon reaching her apartment building, the security guard greeted her cheerfully. “Oh hi.” she greeted back.

     “You look tired.” he noted that made her smile meekly. “You’re the tenant in 201, right?” he asked that made her nod.

     “Why? Is there a problem?” she asked almost nervous.

     The guy smiled then shook his head. “Aniyo. There’s a new tenant in 202, a new neighbor of yours.” he said while checking his log book. “His name is AJ Kim, a total charmer.”

     “Really? I think I’ll meet him tomorrow. Thank you for the information, oppa.” she said nicely.

     “It’s alright, Jaekyung. I listened to your show. You’re really great.” he stated.

     Jaekyung smiled at the compliment. “How about you call our show once and I’ll find you a nice partner?” she commented earning a chuckle from him. “Come on Hoon oppa, you deserved to be loved.” 

     “I’ll try.” he commented with a wink. “Go have some rest, it’s almost dawn.” he stated pushing her on the elevator.

 

     It was always Jaekyung’s life, sleeping until noon but her sleep was disturbed with loud music banging from the other door. “Aish!” she cursed, cranky that someone disturbed her sleep. She covered her face with her pillow but the music is still booming loud. With only her night gown on, she knocked on the door next to hers. 202. ‘Oh the new tenant.’ she thought. Well, everyone is aware of her job as a night DJ so they always consider her sleep and she bet Hoon didn’t told the new tenant about that.

     AJ was doing his morning routines, jogging on his treadmill with his music booming out loud when he heard a knock. He grabbed his towel, wiping off the sweat on his exposed but well toned body. He opened the door seeing a young girl, pretty…and y. The young girl seemed surprised with his appearance that made him smirk.

     Jaekyung was staring at the guy’s abs when he faked a cough, gathering her attention again. “Can you please lessen the volume of your radio?” she asked sweetly, giving him a sweet smile.

     “Why would I?” AJ asked.

     The bratty attitude irritated Jaekyung much more that she just clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. “Please, just for this once can you please let me sleep? I’m so tired and I haven’t got a normal sleep.”

     “I don’t care what the hell you did with your boyfriend last night but I won’t lower the volume of my radio so please excuse me because I have lots of things to do.” he stated then closed the door, slamming it in front of her. He grinned at himself hearing that the girl was pissed at him, even cursing him. ‘I need to get her name. She’s interesting.’ he thought.

     Jaekyung came back to her apartment room then sat on her couch, pissed and cranky at the same time. “Damn that guy! I hate him!” she yelled loudly. ‘But honestly, his abs are great isn’t it Jaekyung?’ her mind keep on telling her. She rolled her eyes at the thought of it then bit her lip when her imagination went further. “Aniyo!” she exclaimed in frustration while ruffling her hair. “I need to see Kevin or I’ll get crazy!” she decided then immediately fixed herself to go to her boyfriend’s house.

 

     Eunbi was cooking lunch since she woke up late, her habit since she’s spending all night in the radio booth. “Eunbi-yah~” someone called from the doorway and she already assumed who it was. Kiseop.

     “Eunbi, your boyfriend’s here.” Soohyun, her brother, called making her face palmed herself.

     She went out from the kitchen, still wearing an apron by her waist and holding a ladle. “Oppa, for the millionth time Kiseop isn’t my boyfriend.” she argued, hands on waist staring at the three guys.

     “Noona, you can’t blame hyung. You two look like a real couple.” Dongho butted in. “Remember when you were kids and Kiseop hyung keeps on kissing you just to get the…” he stated.

     “Dongho!” Eunbi called sternly. Kiseop just smiled at the memory. “Anyways, lunch is served.” she said that made her brothers act like wild animals. “I made food for you too.” she told Kiseop that earned his victory cheer.

     “Aww… You know me too much.” he cooed at the shorter girl.

     “Yeah. Yeah.” she said nonchalantly. “You always come here for lunch, does your mother ever cook for you?” she nagged like an umma.

     Kiseop smiled then hugged her frail body. “But I love your cooking so I kept eating here.” he said kissing her cheek. He then skipped to the dining room, leaving Eunbi all stoned into her place.  

     She sighed thinking that later tonight, Kiseop might find his own girlfriend and days like this would lessen.

 

     Jaekyung reached Kevin’s house only to be greeted by the household maid. “Hi, is Kevin home?” she asked. The maid nod nervously. “Is he in his room?” she asked but the maid blocked her way. “What?”

     “Sir Kevin isn’t…”

     But contrary to what she said, she heard in the room. “Kevin ah…” she can’t be mistaken it was a girl’s voice. With all her force, she pushed the struggling maid away from her path and opened the door seeing Kevin with another girl.

     “Jaekyung?” Kevin was surprised seeing her. The girl was nervous as well, covering her body with his blanket.

     “Damn! So all this time I’ve been accepting calls from problematic people, advising them on what to with their love life but here is my boyfriend, cheating on me.” she said out of logic. “Pathetic and ironic.” she said while smirking.

     Kevin stood in front of her, his body completely . “Jaekyung, let me explain please…” he pleaded.

     Out of anger, Jaekyung kicked his balls. “Just so you know, my neighbor is hotter than you are. And be happy with that , you deserve each other.” she exclaimed leaving him groaning in pain. She drove in the streets of Seoul with tears welling in her eyes because of anger at him. Surprisingly, she isn’t hurt or heartbroken…just angry. “How dare him choose that pathetic plastic looking than me?” she shouted, gritting her teeth in anger.

    

     She was really tearing up when she reached her apartment unit. She phoned the head manager of the radio station that she’ll take the night off because she’s sick. Upon reaching the elevator, someone stopped her from totally closing it. She looked up seeing that it was the guy earlier.

     AJ was just staring at her. He really wanted to approach her since she’s sobbing but can’t do it since they’re not that close. The girl fell on her knees from crying too much that made him knelt in front her. “Are you alright?” he asked.

     “I just saw my boyfriend having with a and you ask me that question?” she said in irritation.

     AJ gritted his teeth. “Jeez woman, I don’t know anything. Why put your anger in me?”

     “It’s because you guys are insensitive.” she shouted, crying hard.

     The guy pushed the stop button of the elevator and sat beside her. “There’s a radio DJ that I really like and she quoted one time that not all guys are insensitive, they just don’t know how to ask what’s wrong because they can’t handle a girl crying in front of them.” he stated that surprised Jaekyung. It was her who told those things in their radio show once. “If I’m your boyfriend, I wouldn’t let you go. You’re too special…too precious to let go.” he confessed.

     “And why is that?” she asked, curious.

     “Because you speak for your mind. You’re pretty and cute at times and you’re damn hot.” he stated not looking at her. “Remember that in every ending, there’s a beginning…”

     “The DJ also said that?” she asked, raising her eyebrow. Somewhat this guy made her feel good.

     “Yep. I so love her.”                  

     “You want to date her?” the guy looked at her with a questioning look. “If given a chance.”

     “Of course!” he shot up. “But I would want to date you first.” he honestly uttered standing up then helping her to stand up as well. He pressed the start button and the elevator worked again.

     When they reached their floor and AJ walked Jaekyung to her doorstep, she pecked him in the cheeks. “I would like that.” she stated then went inside earning a happy jump from AJ.

 

     “Unnie is absent?” Eunbi asked for the third time.

     “She’s sick!” the station manager stated. “You’ll have a guest co-DJ.” he stated that only made her nervous.

     Eunbi started to bite her nail and Kiseop just laughed at her action. He held both her shoulders massaging them lightly. “You’ll do great. I’m here with you.” he whispered in her ear.

     The girl turned to him then lightly punched him. “I’m here to find you a girlfriend, oppa. Don’t say that I’ll have you, I might…”

     “Annyeong!” a guy greeted everyone while bowing. Eunbi immediately noticed him and gave him a hug. “Baby Eunbi, how are you?” he asked.

     “I’m fine.” she said in complete happiness. “What are you doing here, baby Eli?” she asked. Kiseop felt a pang in his chest upon Eunbi calling him ‘baby’.

     “Surprise. Surprise.” he stated. “I’m your co-host for today.” he stated that earned a tight hug from Eunbi.

     “I’m so happy, now I’m not nervous.” she said. Kiseop faked a cough. “Oh wait, this is my friend Kiseop. I’m finding him a girlfriend in the show.” she said. “Kiseop-ah, this is Eli Kim. He’s a fellow DJ but he’s in the morning.” she introduced.

     Eli and Eunbi were busy chatting when the manager bothered them. “Places, we’ll start in a few minutes.” he said.

     Eunbi and Eli wore their headphones but Kiseop wasn’t oriented on what to do. The guy pointed her friend which made her get the headphone and put it in Kiseop. “Aja Kiseoppie!” she said pumping her fist in the air.

     The radio show started and Eunbi was comfortable with Eli hosting the show. “Now, we have a special guest in the booth. Everyone, this is Lee Kiseop…He’s in a need for a girlfriend. Kiseop-shii, what are you looking for a girlfriend?” she introduced.

     “Annyeong Haseyo, Lee Kiseop imnida!” he introduced first. “I’m looking for a girlfriend who is pretty, talented, knows how to cook and someone who knows me by heart.” he stated and unknowingly, he was staring at Eunbi.

     Eli noticed his burning stare that made him smile. ‘So this Kiseop is in love with our Eunbi?’ he thought. “Now for our text line, let’s read some messages.”

He was looking at messages until one caught her attention. “Ooh…Our Jaekyung texted us. Hi Jae!” Eli greeted.

     “Hi unnie! Get well soon.” Eunbi greeted. “So what did she say?”

     “I want Kiseop to read it.” Eli stated then showed the message.

     The Ulzzang was surprised then faked a cough; Eli encouraged him while Eunbi looked at him curious. He heaved a sigh before reading the message. “She said don’t look far. Someone’s just in front of you, she’s a good cook and she knows you well enough.” he read then glanced at Eunbi.

     She caught what he meant but she glanced away. “Speaking of Jaekyung unnie, there’s a caller who wanted to greet our Jaekyung.” she started. “AJ-shii?” she called.

     “Uhmm…Hello! I’m AJ Kim!” he introduced.

     “Hi, tell us your problem.” Eli stated.

     AJ sighed then started to speak up. “I’m always listening to the JB show because of Jaekyung and I really like her a lot. But lately, I’ve liked this girl who I just met this morning. Is it normal?” he asked.

     “This morning? Really?” Eunbi asked, unbelieving.

     “She’s my next door neighbor.” he stated. Jaekyung heard it and since she’s listening to her radio show, she noticed the familiarity in his voice. Deciding to confront him, Jaekyung dialed in the radio show.

     “Wow, you’re a lucky guy. Jaekyung is in the line now.” Eunbi started. “Unnie?” she asked.

     “Eunbi-yah, can I ask that AJ guy where he live?” she asked.

     “Gangnam.” he answered.

     Jaekyung knocked on his door, phone still in hand. AJ opened the door and was surprised seeing her. “I live in Gangnam, too.” she said. He was wide eyed seeing the girl he likes on the phone.

     “Jaekyung?” he asked then nods at him. AJ hang up the phone then hugged Jaekyung, tight. “You promised to date me, right?” he asked that made her nod. AJ leaned in to kiss her, closing the door behind them.

    

     “Eh? What was that?” Eunbi asked Eli when the show was finally over.

     Eli laughed at her statement. “Let’s just say that your show helped the two of you have your own love life.” he stated that made her more confuse. Eli turned Eunbi around that she came face to face with Kiseop. “I’ll leave you two alone.” he stated.

     The younger girl looked at him awkwardly. “I’m sorry.” she mumbled. “I didn’t manage to find you a girlfriend.” she said looking down, biting her lip.

     Kiseop chuckled at her cuteness then held her chin so that he could stare at her dark orbs. He kissed her lip, savoring her taste. “I already found one…” he stated. “If it’s okay with you.”

     Eunbi tiptoed to reach his lips then kissed it as if answering his question.

 

-THE END-