Chapter 1

My Math Teacher

 

LeeTeuk was standing at the door. He was dressed in a suit. His eyes were hidden behind sunglasses as his mouth was forming a grin. He slowly took his hand from his back, showing a bouquet of roses. Some girls behind me heaved a dreamy sigh while others giggled. I huffed, refusing to avert my gaze from my beautiful teacher. I saw her blush as she slowly made her way towards the man. A group of boys whistled when LeeTeuk pulled her by the waist, hugging her tight. I took a deep breath, my blood boiling in my veins. Uncounsciously, my hands closed around the pencil, breaking it in two. I’ve felt jealous before... But this time was different. It was so powerful that I could barely control myself.

 

“TaeYeon-ah, let’s go out?” He asked as his arm was still around her waist.

 

‘No! Don’t go out with him!’

 

“Sure.” She smiled, tilting her head cutely. I sighed, letting my head drop on my folded arms which were resting on the table.

 

 

‘You’re so stupid, SunKyu!’

 

 

They said goodbye with a small peck, receiving squeals and whistles as answers to that little display of affection. I took a deep breath, trying to contain the growing anger inside of me. I should be already used to it, but it seemed impossible. Everytime LeeTeuk hugged, touched or even kissed TaeYeon, I could feel my blood boiling and my heart aching. Since the beginning I knew I shouldn’t have feelings for TaeYeon, but I just couldn’t help it. She treated me in such a careful and caring way that I end up falling in love gradually... But I didn’t know she had a boyfriend... Neither that they were going to marry. I only knew that she was in love with someone, which was LeeTeuk, and as time passed by, I learned that I had zero chance with her. However, I couldn’t stop loving and craving for her. Even if it’s wrong.

 

 

I sigh escaped my mouth. TaeYeon returned her attention to class, resuming her teaching. Her cheeks were still slightly red as her eyes still shone with happiness, making me groan and close my eyes. How I wish that everything was only a nightmare, so I could wake up and it would be over. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I wanted it to end.

 

 

“Lee Sunny?” I heard her calling me, making my heart double it’s pace.

 

 

“Here.” I lifted my hand, not bothering to lift my head or open my eyes. Well, why should I? She was just checking who was in class.

 

 

“Is everything alright, Sunny?” This time, her voice was stronger, closer.

 

 

“Yes, teacher.” I said. Then, I felt someone poking my shoulder. I took a deep breath, swallowing those harsh words that almost escaped from my mouth. I hate it when someone pokes me! But the person didn’t seem to get it as the pokes continued, I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes, ready to scream at the person. I regretted it.

 

 

“You don’t seem alright, Sunny.” TaeYeon, who was right in front of me, said as she eyed me from head to toes.

 

 

“Oh really? But I feel great!” I replied, coldly, and averted my gaze from her.

 

 

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.” She scolded, her voice sounding authoritarian. I huffed, looking at her. I hate this side of TaeYeon... This mature, serious side. “Tell me what happened.”

 

 

“What is your problem? I told you nothing happened!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. The whole class gasped, looking at TaeYeon and me. She arched her eyebrows, surprised.

 

 

“Don’t leave when the class is over.” TaeYeon said, turning around and walking away. My eyes immediataly got caught in her legs, watching as her skirt slowly went up as she walked. I gulped, my lips. I couldn’t contain the thoughts about having those legs around my waist, or my hand travelling up and down that soft smooth skin. Then, she turned around. My gaze averted to her face as I tried to put on an innocent face. “Lee SunKyu, you’ll be staying for detention.”

 

 

“What have I done?!” I shouted, angrily. All of my classmates looked at me, shocked.

 

 

“It’s not what you done...” She said, a victorious smile appearing on her lips. “It’s what you  just did.”

 

 

“B-but..” I stuttered, confused. Did she noticed that I was checking her out?! I was going crazy, but SooYoung, one of my friends, told me to keep quiet.

 

 

I just nodded, sinking in my seat. I crossed my arms, annoyed. I spent the rest of the entire class in that position, my gaze glued to TaeYeon, watching her every move. She was walking around the class, helping some students with problems, and always keeping a smile on her face. I snorted, rolling my eyes. Minutes later, the bell rang. The students got up and began to leave the room, I just sat there and watched them leave. A mix of anger and happiness was present in me. Anger, because I couldn’t go home, and happiness because I had the chance to be alone with TaeYeon.

  

 

“Sunny.” TaeYeon called me, gesturing me to come closer and sit in front of her. I did as I was told, receiving a small smile as reply. “So, we’re alone.. The class is over.. I’m not your teacher anymore.. Tell me what’s happening.”

 

 

“There’s nothing happening, teacher.” I shook my head, avoiding her gaze. She nodded her head as she digested the information.

 

 

“Do you know why you’re in detention?” She asked, propping her elbows on the table. I shook my head again. “Sunny, I think you are aware that I’m your teacher.”

 

 

“Yes.” I nodded, wondering what she wanted to tell me. Did she really noticed me checking her out?

 

 

“You know that you have to respect me.” TaeYeon said, frowning a little. I gulped, cursing myself.

 

 

“Of course.” I bit my lower lip, looking everywhere but her.

 

 

“Then why were you--”

 

 

“Ms. Kim, if this is due to earlier today in class.” I interrupted her, my head bowed down as my gaze was fixed on the floor. “Forgive me.”

 

 

“No problems.” She smiled, adjusting her glasses. I swear I could die from her beauty, but I need to control myself. I can’t fall harder.

 

 

“So.. Can I go?” I asked. She shook her head. I huffed, crossing my arms in an annoyed way.

 

 

“You need to change your attitude.” She commented, but I just shrugged and averted my gaze to my nails. TaeYeon sighed. “If you continue to act this way, I’ll have to take serious measures.”

 

 

“Then do it.” I replied, coldly. TaeYeon arched her eyebrows, surprised. I didn’t want to act like this, but I have to.. She’ll never be mine... So why do I have to hurt myself? Why can’t she hurt too? “I won’t change, teacher.”

 

 

“Sunny, you’re one of my bests students.” She said, her voice overflowing with hurt. But I don’t care.. I couldn’t care. “Are you really going to act like this? Won’t you let me help you?”

 

 

“Yes.” I nodded, still not looking at her. TaeYeon sighed and nodded her head, deception written all over her face.

 

 

“Then you can go...” She said, averting her attention to the papers in front of her. I frowned.

 

 

“That’s it?” I asked, tilting my head. She just nodded, keeping her eyes focused on those papers. “Teacher...”

 

 

“Ms. Lee, I need to finish correcting these tests.” TaeYeon said, not bothering to look at me, she just waved her hands as she dismissed me. I angrily nodded, stomping my way out of the classroom

 

 

I huffed as I walked down the corridors. What's her problem? Seriously! I barely spent 10 minutes in detetion. Kim TaeYeon is the type of teacher that gives detention of 30 minutes and numerous homeworks! But, no... She chose to just talk instead of punishing me. She should've lectured me, especially when I screamed at her during class. Now you know why I can't help but to fall harder for her. Sometimes I wonder why can't she be like any other teacher. Why can't she be 10 years older than me? Why can't she be rude and grumpy? Why does she need to be beautiful and gentle? What the hell is wrong with her? A sigh escaped my lips as I exited the school. I pulled my IPod and put the earphones. Soon, a melody was soothing me. I continued to walk, occasionally kicking little rocks. My hands were inside my jeans pockets, my head hanging low. It's something that I can't help. Everytime I put my feet outside my house, my gaze instantly fixes on the floor. I guess I'm too shy to look at people straight in the eyes , or maybe I'm afraid that they'll know my problems once they look in my eyes. You know what they say: 'The eyes are an open window to the soul'. I rolled my eyes, not believing my own thought. That's probably just gibberish. As I was crossing the street, I heard a car honk. I looked up, getting blind by the headlight of the car. I silently cursed, before continuing to walk. The car honked again, but I just ignored it.

 

 

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?" I heard someone shout. I frowned, turning around. Driving the car, there she was, my teacher. I gulped, wondering why she was here. Wasn’t she mad at me just now? "Lee Sunny, come here."

 

 

"Y-yeah?" I walked towards the car. TaeYeon smiled, opening the passenger door. I looked at her, confused. Was she offering me a ride? I mean.. After all that happened today?

 

 

"Hop in" She said, patting the seat. I shook my head, walking away from the car. "You do know that there isn't any bus at this time, right?"

 

 

"So? I can walk, you know." I said, without turning back. I heard the car's tyre screech till it came to a stop. Just because she was after me, doesn’t mean I would act sweetly towards her.

 

 

"You do know that it's dangerous for a girl like you to walk alone..." She stepped out of the car and began to walk beside me. "I won't let you go home alone... It's my job as a teacher to make sure my students are alright."

 

 

"No, your job is only to teach us." I replied, not daring to look back. She stopped walking, her head lowered. I could feel that she was hurt... Hurt by my own words.

 

 

"But still, I care about my students." She mumbled, biting her lower lip. If I didn't know she was a teacher, I could swear she was just a little girl.

 

 

"I dont care... Just leave me alone, please." I said as I quickened my pace. If I didn't get out of there fast, the possibility of giving up was going to get big till the point where I would obey to her like a puppy. I felt her hand gripping my right arm.

 

 

"Say what you want... But I am not going to let you go home alone." She replied, her voice low and strong. I gulped, mentally cursing myself for halting my walk. She pulled me towards her car, opening the passanger door and waiting for me to get in. I looked at her, my eyebrows raised. "Get in."

 

 

"Are you deaf? I said I'm not going with you!" I shouted at her face. I noticed her taking a deep breath, like if she was trying to control herself.

 

 

"Get in." TaeYeon repeated. I shook my heard as I stomped my feet onto the floor, and I regret doing that... Her face was red as a tomato and her eyes were dark. "You are coming with me! Now shut the up and get inside this ing car before I shove you in!"

 

 

I widened my eyes as she slammed the car door after putting me in. This was the first time she cursed in front of me, or should I say, at me? Either way, I'm pretty surprised. Who could ever know that the dorky teacher actually knew how to curse? And here I thought that she was an innocent and polite young woman. I quickly shook my head. Hell no! She isn't like that! She just gave me the proof that she's a human like me. She isn't perfect. Even if I want her to be... TaeYeon got inside the car and glanced at me before starting to drive. During the whole ride I could feel her eyes on me as I stared out the window. I actually liked the fact that she was staring at me. It made me feel noticed. TaeYeon stopped at a red sign and glanced at me again as she tapped her fingers on the steering wheel.

 

 

"I don't know where you live." She mumbled, puffing her cheeks. I had to restrain myself to not squeal. She's seriously cute!

 

 

"You can stop by the next corner, I'll walk to my house from there." I said, faking an annoyed tone while glaring at her. TaeYeon sighed, nodding her head.

 

 

"As you wish..." She said, flashing a small smile at me.

 

 

She resumed driving. The silence was still around us as I was staring out of the window and she was humming a melody. I bet she was hurt from my words. I can't blame her though... I would feel the same way if one of my students screamed such hurtful words at me. I heard a deep sigh coming from her as she stopped the car by the sidewalk. Without thanking her, I got out of the car, slamming the door shut. I began to walk in a fast pace, making my way towards my house at the end of the street. Soon enough, I was entering my house. I ignored my mom's calls as I headed to my bedroom. I slumped my body onto my bed and covered my face with my pillow. I took a deep breath, waiting for my heart to slow down it's pace. Only now I realized what happened. She drove me home! Even if I refused and shouted at her, she still insisted in driving me home! A smile appeared in my face as I squealed happily.

 

 

--x--

 

 

            TaeYeon slammed her fists on the steering wheel as she groaned. She couldn't believe that she cursed at a student! Her student! It didn't matter if they were outside the school, Sunny was still a student and TaeYeon was her teacher. Besides that, it's not ethical to scream at someone, especially when that someone is younger than you. TaeYeon heaved a sigh, resting her forehead on her hands which were on the steering wheel. She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. She didn't know why, but the way Sunny shouted at her hurt her. She felt her chest tightening once the girl said such hurtful words, it was one of the reasons why TaeYeon lost her temper... She just couldn't stand disrespectful people. TaeYeon bit her lower lip as she softly shook her head. Why was she even mourning over that? She didn't know why, but one thing she was sure, Sunny wasn't just a mere student. That girl had something that pulled TaeYeon towards her, just like a magnet pulls iron. The way Sunny smiled would make TaeYeon smile in matter of seconds. When the girl didn't understand something, she would look just like a lost puppy, making TaeYeon giggle in amusement. The older girl shook her head, pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind.

 

 

"Get a grip of yourself, Kim TaeYeon!" She scolded as she banged her head on the steering wheel.

 

 

Is it needed to say that TaeYeon was judging herself so hard right now? She didn't know what to think, because her mind was only thinking about the way Sunny stared angrily at her. It was almost as if she could see flames burning in Sunny's eyes. It may sound strange or even crazy, but TaeYeon liked the way Sunny glared at her. A small smile appeared on her lips once she remembered how Sunny crossed her arms, sulking like a child on her passenger sit. It was such an adorable sight for TaeYeon. The girl unconsciously giggled, forgetting her inner debate with herself. It would always happen nowadays, since Sunny found out about TaeYeon's engagement. She turned into a rebel teenager, always screaming at the older ones and saying things that she shouldn't. As a teacher TaeYeon was responsible for Sunny's behavior, she needed to change the girl. She needed to bring the old Lee Sunny back.

 

 

"I'm going to do it even if it's the last thing I do." She said, her eyes reflecting her determined behaviour. With a small nod, TaeYeon drove home.

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

She walked inside the classroom, a smile was playing on her lips as her small dimple was showing. I my lips slowly as my eyes traveled from her head to her toes. She was different today, not only her aura, but her clothes too. She seemed determined... My trail of thoughts was broken once she looked at me, her eyes gazing right into mines. I gulped, avoiding her gaze. TaeYeon smirked, sitting by her table. I knew I was looking just like a scared kitten, so I quickly tried to put on a straight face, but I failed miserably at it. She giggled, shaking her head softly. To be honest, I felt quite happy to be able to make her smile, even if it meant acting silly in front of her. I quickly bowed my heard, not allowing her to see my smiling face. I couldn't let her see it, because I knew she would ask me why I was acting so cold to her before.

 

 

"Good morning class." She smiled, tilting her head as she rested her hands on the table and leaned over. I swear I could see some boys drooling over her, but I couldn't blame them... I mean, who wouldn't drool over a hot and young teacher like TaeYeon?

 

 

"Good morning teacher!" The class beamed, or should I say, the boys beamed? Either way, the response was pretty loud and it seemed to please TaeYeon as she smiled widely.

 

 

"Okay.. Today I am going to correct your homeworks, those who didn't do the homework will stay with me after class." TaeYeon said, putting her glasses and glancing at some papers. It was just a matter of seconds until the students began to chat and play around. TaeYeon sighed, putting the papers down. "And you guys are going to solve this batch of math problems while I correct your homeworks."

 

 

The students groaned, not believing what TaeYeon had told them. It wasn't needed to say that they were all wanting to spend the whole class chatting or playing games. Anyway, TaeYeon wouldn't let them do it, so she quickly began to distribute the papers with math problems in it. Once the paper arrived in my hands, I sighed and threw it inside my bag. I wasn't in the mood to solve math problems, and also, if I didn't do it, I was probably going to detention, which means more time with TaeYeon. I put my elbows on the table and propped my chin in my hands, fixing my gaze on TaeYeon's face, trying to memorize all of her features. I don't know for how long I stared at her, but when I snapped back to reality, all the students were leaving the classroom. I frowned, looking around. We were the only ones inside the classroom. With a mute sigh, I got up and began to put my things inside my bag, preparing to leave.

 

 

"Where do you think you're going, Miss Lee?" TaeYeon asked, making me look at her. I needed to leave fast. My mind changed, I couldn't stay for detention.

 

 

"Everyone is leaving..." I replied, pointing the obvious. TaeYeon arched her eyebrows as she eyed me carefully, her hands on her chin.

 

 

"Everyone but you." She said, her eyes stopping at my face. I gulped. "You didn't solve the paper I gave you, and you dozed off during the entire class."

 

 

"So?" I mumbled, gripping my bag strap tighter. I was ready to escape. I only needed to run if something happened.

 

 

"You'll stay and solve the paper right now." She ordered in a strong voice. I bit my lower lip. The teacher TaeYeon was back...

 

 

"No." I mumbled and swung the bag over my shoulder, using the little courage I had at the moment.

 

 

"What did you say?" TaeYeon asked, getting up from her chair and walking towards me. I shifted in place, feeling uncomfortable. She stood right in front of me. "Repeat it."

 

 

"I-I said no." I lowered my head, dropping my shoulders. Courage? What is courage? I don't know it, so consequently I don't have it. I felt TaeYeon's hand on my arm as she forced me to drop the bag.

 

 

 

--x--

 

 

 

I don't know what I was doing, I was acting on impulse, letting my body take control instead of my mind. I know that it isn't something smart to do, but if I acted with my mind, she would be mad at me. I mean, who would like to get scolded by a teacher? No one, I believe. However, I choose to not scold her, since I know she gets mad easily. I carefully made her drop the bag and led her to a table in front of mine. She heaved a sigh as she sat down, her head still bowed down.

 

 

"You do know that you need--" I tried to say, but she groaned and interrupted me.

 

 

"I don't want to and I don't know how." Sunny said, fidgeting with her fingers. I puffed my cheeks and held her hands, making her look at me with surprised eyes.

 

 

"I can teach you... After all, that's only my job." I said, emphasizing my last word. She bit her lower lip as she recognized those words. We stayed in silence after that. She kept her head low as I refused to look away from her.

 

 

"I don't want to." Sunny mumbled, tilting her head as she clenched her hands under the table. I frowned, slightly confused. As I was about to open my mouth to say something, she was faster than me. "I don't want you to teach me. I don't want you as my teacher. I just want you to disappear from my life!"

 

 

I was taken aback by her words as it finally struck me. My eyes were wide and my mouth fell open. Why did she said such hurtful words at me? Where is that sweet lovely girl that hates to see people hurt? What happened to my favorite student? I took a deep breath, recovering from the shock. I slowly let go of her hands and put them at her back, slowly caressing her. I could tell she was shaking, I don't know why though. In fact, I don't know a thing about her. The only thing I knew was that she's my student and her grades dropped after some time. Besides that, I have zero knowledge about her. Either way, I was shocked by her behavior.

 

 

"Please, just treat me like any other student." Sunny said as she finally lifted her head, but still avoiding my gaze. I sighed.

 

 

"I won't... Tell me what's wrong, Sunny." I pleaded, caressing her back slowly. She gasped, and that's when I noticed she was crying. I gulped, shocked. I've never seen her like this. She always had this smile and strong aura. I really didn't know what was happening.

 

 

"This is so wrong!" She exclaimed, hiding her face in her hands as she sobbed loudly. Now I was really confused. What is so wrong?

 

 

"Sunny--" I tried to soothe her, but she shook her head violently. A defeated sigh escaped my lips. "If you don't want to tell me.. I'll respect your decision... But always remember that I'll be here for you, ok?"

 

 

She merely nodded her head, keeping her face hidden in her hands. I glanced at the clock then sighed again. I had a date with LeeTeuk, and I couldn't be late. I slowly got up, my hand moved from her back to her hair and caressed it slowly. I was reluctant to leave her in that state of mind, but I needed to. She had her family to lean on and she just said that didn't want me near her. So who am I to disagree? The best to do right now is to obey her and wait for her to calm down, so we can talk it through. I caressed her hair one more time and looked at the clock. I bit my lower lip, suppressing a sigh.

 

 

"I got to go... Tomorrow we'll talk, ok?" I said offering her a small smile, but she didn't even bother to look at me. I won't lie... I felt even more hurt when she didn't gave attention to me. "Sunny, I'll--"

 

 

"Just go!" She exclaimed, without even looking at me. Do I need to say that I got even more hurt? Anyway, I nodded my head and left her there. I didn't look back, because I knew I would end up cancelling the date and staying with her. Either way, I should've known that that was the last time I would see my favorite student.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Is it sad? Should I make a sequel for it? ^^

 

This was supposed to be an on-going.. But I just don't have the patience to write an on-going anymore :3

 

Anyway... Did you guys understood it? Or I have to explain? It's confusing right? D: Just tell me if you didn't understand ^^

 

So... Do I get any comments? Or thumbs-up? xD

 

Thaaank you for reading it guys~~! <3