A TALKING CHERRY BLOSSOM

CATCHING DREAMS


AUTHOR’S P.O.V.


Spring had come and fall season was nearing.  Soon winter will arrive and would bring more coldness than this girl who had just arrived.  Perhaps….?


After seeing the front view of the place she thought that it is what there was all to it. 


‘Only cemented bricks with aging fixtures and fading white paint would meet the eyes of any visitor.  Uncle could have asked father’s help to upgrade the facilities here,’ she mused to herself.


Other than that there was nothing more.  She was not able to anticipate that there was another building behind it and a calming garden in between the two tall structures.


In the middle of the grassy patch with a set of stone slabs for chairs and table around each corner there was a huge aging Cherry blossom tree.  A slight breeze passed to sweep off the fallen brown leaves randomly covering the green yard area.  It all brought a new scent to Soojung.  One that she was not able to experience from her previous travels abroad or at her country.  As she was about to absorb and appreciate more of the naturally artistic captivating beauty of her surroundings on this little tour her uncle decided to abruptly stop by the staircase area.


“Oh wait let me introduce you to someone,” that happy tone does not make her merry too.


Being too distracted by such unexpected scenery she only began tonotice that there were people in this yard.  Soojung then breathed out deeply seeing that the age of people in the garden were either too young or too old for her to talk with. 


“Hey!  I know you are just here.  Please come out for a few minutes.”  Her uncle tried calling that person over and over again.


The man with a big framed glasses sighed as he turned to his niece apologetically.


“Yes doctor Jung?” A composed low voice coming from the garden reached their ears.  


After hearing those words Doctor Jung had put on the wheelchair’s brakes in place then went down halfway the seven-stepped staircase.  Seeming to know the place of that person he was eager to introduce her niece to Soojung’s eyes traced it and were now squinting over to the direction of that single Cherry blossom tree.  Few seconds later she could see a figure camouflaged by the leaves.


'Oh great.  He will introduce me to a monkey,' she thought to herself.


“Please come down there for a minute and meet my niece.  She is only around two years younger than you.  Perhaps you and Soojung could become friends,” he explained briefly while smiling.


“With all due respect Doctor Jung, I think me…  Probably, her too are already way past the age for having playmates.  Also, I do not want to be seen hanging around with any kid here.  Forgive me.”


Soojung flinched at the things she just heard. 


Fiercely she furrowed her eyebrows a little while now being focused on the tree, “Yah…”  She started out nonchalantly with a cold flair to it and askewed in annoyance, “If I am a kid then what does this you are doing now make of you?  Playing hide and seek rather than meeting properly a person in a civilized manner – “


“Ani!  No, it is okay Soojung-ah.  Amber is just –“  The oldest out of the three frantically waved his hands  to the two and tried to mediate in between as his senses were telling him that something not good will happen if this conversation continues. 


Other patients and staff who just had happened to pass by or were lounging there seemed to have had taken interest in the scene.  They all stopped to look at it when the famous doctor suddenly shouted what would be a foreign word to most of them.


“You should not really cover up for her childish behavior uncle.  You are a Jung.  If father knows that you are being treated like this in…  In this country, he would have sent you packing back home,” she vented out through gritted teeth.  All the while her hands were clenching tight unto the arm rests of the wheelchair she was on.


The owner of that composed voice scoffed faintly but it did not go unnoticed by Soojung’s very sensitive perked up ears, “I know all about you Jungs and your influence all over the world.  You lot are quite a powerful family really, more powerful and influential than the technologically leading Samsung group.  You have an older sister by the name of Jessica Jung, right?”


Soojung froze for a few moments upon hearing the last part.  She looked at her uncle trying to ask him for answers by searching it through his facial expressions.


Doctor Jung quickly shook his head, “I can explain this Soojung – “


With all composure still intact, the shadowed figure perched up on the tree interrupted, “You do not need to Doctor Jung.  She does not know who I am.  Let things stay as it is.  I apologize for my behavior just now Miss...Jung....Soojung," sarcastically the person emphasized her name, "if it had offended you in any way.  My public relations skills are not that great yet.  However, do not misunderstand me.  What I was trying to say was that introductions to each other are not necessary.  Doctor Jung, your niece will leave her as soon as possible after getting the treatment.  So no need for me to start knowing her.”


Just when the head doctor was about to speak again in which it may seem like he was talking to a tree, an object zoomed past him and made an audible sound upon its impact. 


“Ouch…” The tree had groaned.


Some of the spectators giggled in hiding.  Some were still due to shock.  Doctor Jung though slowly turned around to look at the offender.   But Soojung avoided his eye contact and pretended to have taken interest in other things.  She did that as her uncle started to laugh especially after witnessing a missing pair of shoe had left his niece’s right foot and flew somewhere.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Sorry for only updating now.  I had to think over the various scenarios and lately my brain doesn't know how I should write it.  lol anyway, tell me of any errors or if the story is turning sour.  :)