Conversation in the graveyard

What Is The Saddest In Smile?

 

I was crying on the floor with my hands closing my ears and my eyes tightly shut... I was feeling bad for Mary. She was left there all alone. My heart was squeezing and my mind was covered with a thick layer of fog. It was cold... No, it was freezing... Suddenly a warm hand hugged me.

"It's ok, Grace... I'm with you!" - Jonghyun's soft and deep voice echoed in my head and I hugged him with both hands. - "Sh, she needs you, she needs to see a strong person by her."

"I can't stand this Hyun... I can't be the one I want to be!! I can't be a better sister...." - I sobbed and Jonghyun petted my head.

"Mary hasn't anyone else than you and Yonghwa. So stay her best person. Let's get out of here... Let's have a walk." - Jonghyun stood up and helped me to get up too. The hospital was empty. We were walking through it and could hear only our footsteps in the empty corridor. Jonghyun was silent. His hand twice reached mine but he was putting it back in his pocket... I was afraid he hesitated if it's time or not. He was right. It wasn't the right time for it. We got out to the hospital yard. It was pretty cold and I moved closer to Jonghyun. He was warm... We were walking to the small graveyard. It was a long time I didn't come here.

"I think you need to visit the grave of your friend... It is the right time to tell your feeling to the one you haven't seen a long time!" - Jonghyun spoke for the first time we walked out the hospital. - "And I need to visit a grave too..."

It was really dark, so I couldn't see his face properly... He was sad, disturbed, worried? What did he feel? He left me at the grave and went somewhere. I stared at the stone with Vivien's name. It was weird... I kneeled at the grave and looked nowhere.

"Viv, do you remember Mary? I could become and aunt... In the age of 20... It is difficult to believe." - I started talking to myself, or to the stone. It didn't matter! I just had to talk... - "But anyway I can't be her... She lost the baby! You will be angry or surprised to know who could be the father, so I will better say the kid would really be happy and lucky... I feel awkward talking to the gravestone, sorry for that! Anyway I think you hear what I say, you're by my side, because I feel a soft hand on my heart. Like you are sitting by me, still smiling and helping me to sort out my problems..." - Tears filled my eyes but I blinked them away and smiled. - "Viv I miss you! I need you! You should be here, you have to... I don't know if I can sort this out alone! I don't have friends... The university is dull!" - I heard footsteps and wiped away the tears. - "I will stay strong. I need to take an example from you. Bye Vivien..."

"How do you feel?" - Jonghyun kneeled bye me. - "I was behind you all the time... I was worried for your safety. Didn't you mind?"

"It's ok.. I'm ok! Thanks." - I smile to him. - "So you didn't visit the grave?"

"We'll visit it together." - He stood up and I followed him to the grave with the name I saw the last time I was here... He sat at the bench and I sat by him. He silently looked at the name on the stone.

"You knew her well? Her last name is Lee..." - I turned to him.

"She was my sister... No one knows about her except our family. It is a big dark spot in my life, so I kept it secret." - Jonghyun leaned back.

"No one? Not even Yonghwa and the others?" - I couldn't expect that. - "How could you keep it in secret?"

"It isn't a big deal to keep a secret like that." - He looked at me. - "Like Yonghwa kept Mary's and his secret."

"Don't remind me of it... I don't want to think of that kind of thing being a secret so long... Just today she lied to me they weren't dating because one of them isn't ready!" - I felt creeps running down from my shoulders to my stomach. - "After all, I can't accept her a sister anymore... I'm leaving Korea..."