Nightmare (Part 1)

That Will Never Happen

 

Chapter 3 You Don't Know Me

Part I

 

Nightmare

 

 

"Choi Sooyoung. Where do you think you are going?”

“ You and umma are always at work or finding work till late! You rarely come back on the weekends to bring us out, not even for a simple lunch. You never once came home early to read Seunghyun bedtime stories. Guess who is doing that? I’m busy enough with projects in school and I cannot keep doing that for him, for what, the rest of my life?"

“So you think its easy to get a job when you are crippled for the rest of your life? Nobody wants to hire you when you cant even walk properly for 1 metre! You think I don't want to spent time with you two? Choi Sooyoung, we are already struggling to pay for this house, for your education, for you!”

“Oh so now you are blaming me? Is it my fault that your leg is crippled? Who was the one that insisted that he needed that job no matter how dangerous and fell down 2 storeys. Come on. Tell me who!"

"Yes, you and umma struggle to pay for our education. Ha. You spent so little time with us. Do you even know what we like? I bet you didn't know that I like flowers and want to be a botanist or, that Seunghyun liked the colour red. Tell me, you didn't right? If you did, would you have bought him that ugly blue robot, the colour that he hates the most!"

There I was sitting at the door with my ear against it, starring at the robot in my arms. I hated blue. I threw it onto the cold hard floor and ran out. Where on earth is noona going to at 12 midnight…?

“Sooyoung, I—

“Say no more, appa. I’m sorry that I raised my voice at you. Im sorry..” She muttered quickly as she held back her tears and dragged the black luggage across the floor.

I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me and I almost bumped into appa’s .. Well, not that fast since our house is a shoebox. That’s what noona told me.  

 “Noona, where are you going?”I tucked at her jeans.

Noona kneeled down to my level ,smiled, and ruffled my hair. “Hyunnie, someday I will come back and find you. Just be the good boy you always are and study hard.”

“huh? What are you saying?’ I scratched my head and furrowed my eyebrows.

She gave a weak smile and mouthed a’ bye Hyunnie’ at me before slamming the door with a loud bang.

I swear, the shoebox was so quiet that I could hear my heart beat. i stood at that exact spot where noona ruffled my hair. What’s going on? With that, my head became especially itchy and all I did was scratch. Both Appa and umma had a really shocked face and they stood still like statues. Umma’s eyes were beginning to look puffy.

“Jinwoon! What are you waiting for? Get Sooyoung back!” cried Umma.

Appa stood there dumbfounded and after a long 1 minutes, yes, I counted, ran down the stairs. The sky had turned a dark shade of blue -ew- just like everybody’s mood. Umma slipped on her shoes and was ready to step out of the door too when I tucked at her finger.

“Umma.. I—I erm –sc-ared of th-e da-rk.” I looked deep into eyes that held sadness and bitterness.

I stutter because I have never really talked to umma before.  She took hold of my hand. This is the first time she held it and it didn't feel nice at all. It was all rough and cold, with no warmth or love.  The only person who has held my hand is noona and it feels so much better. Now umma is crying. Don't ask me why.

Suddenly, the sound of a car’s wheels screeching to a halt broke the piercing silence.

Umma released my hand and ran to the window.

 

 

 

Right there on the road, 13 storeys down…

 

 

 

 

Was appa’s body in a pool of red.

 

‘JINWOON!’

Umma’s wailed out in the silence of the night before collapsing to the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Harro guys~!

WOW. 32 subbies already! Thanks so much! ^^I have no idea why you all read this.

Its kinda lame and its my first story so thanks for supporting :')

Sorry for such a looooooooong wait. Exams, homework and your mom staring at you as you type has caused the delay.

Hope you like Part 1 and FYI i update really slowly cos my ideas dont flow.

OH! There was a reader who commented that you wanted TOP's point of view so... : )

thanks for reading! Smile!