The start of it all

We met in Heaven

Quick Author's note: Thanks to my subscribers so far! enjoy chapter two please~

 

"...His eyes shimmered in the sun light like they were stars at night. It caught my attention seeing such a beautiful soul hidden in eyes like his..."

~17 years ago~

You were sitting alone at recess waiting for one of your friends to get back with a soccer ball so you two could play together. It was a nice day out, the sun shined brightly and there were no clouds in sight. Though it was a little windy.

You sat quietly on a lonely bench just outside of the small field where all the other kids gathered to play. What's taking her so long.... you thought as you continued waiting for your friend but it had been over 20 minutes by now...

Sighing, you shifted yourself on the bench to get more comfortable. As you gazed out in the field, watching the other kids giggle and chase each other around a small frown appeared across your face. You had one friend while everyone else seemed to have many... and your friend wasn't being much of a friend right now... 

Shaking off the thought of her, you watched everyone else play in the field as you suddenly noticed a young boy about the age of nine running around with a few other kids. He was only a year older than you and went to your elementary school yet you had never seen him before. His wavy brown hair flowed in the wind as he ran around, looking back every now and then with a bright smile. His eyes were a dark shade of brown but sparkled brightly against the the sun's rays. 

You were intreeged by him in an instant which was odd for you. It was unusual to be in by someone like that, someone you don't even know...

 

You began to realize your "friend" ditched you and went to play with other kids after you've waited for 30 minutes for her. As a small tear fell from your eye, you looked down at your long floral skirt saddened that you were alone.

The wind got stronger but the sun still shined brightly against your skin. It felt weird being in the cold at the same of being in the warmth. 

"Excuse me..." A small voice spoke from the right of you, blocking the sun from you face. 

His body casted a shadow upon you as you sat on the bench alone. You looked up at him curiously, realizing that that was the boy you had just been staring at only minutes ago. "Neh?" You answered him, gazing at his eyes because they were even more enchanting up close.

"... Are... Are you okay?" He asked caringly.

"Mwoh?" You questioned as you forgot you had been crying.

"There's a tear... on your cheek." He informed as he pointed the obvious mark out with his finger. 

"O-oh..." You looked down, quickly wiping the tear away, embarrassed that he noticed.

He suddenly let a small giggle out. "It's okay to cry~ We all do it~" He tilted his head slightly with a short smile forming upon his face. "Why be embarrassed?" He shrugged. 

You cry too? You seem to happy and joyful to ever cry.

That was the first time you heard someone tell you it's okay to cry. That was the first thing you heard that carved itself into your mind that you were going to become friends with this boy. 

You looked up at him surprised, but comforted. You started to giggle as well but in a more broken fashion. "I-I guess... heh..." 

Smiling, the boy asked you to scoot over as he sat next to you on the bench. 

"So what's your name?" He turned his head towards you happily. 

"Eunsung." You replied hesitantly. 

"I'm Donghae~" He smiled with that cute tilt of his head once again. 

You smiled back, fiddling with you fingers against your skirt. 

 

The two of you spent the rest of reccess together talking and laughing. This was another first for you, being so comfortable with someone you literally just met not even an hour ago. Yet he seemed to bring the 'you' out.

Once the bell rang, you and Donghae rose from the bench to walk back to your seperate class rooms.

"What class are you in?" The young boy turned to you with a hopeful smile that maybe your class was next to his.

"First floor, all the way at the end of the right hall. Class 2." You replied informatively.

You noticed a short frown appear on the boys face as he looked down at his shoes while walking. You wondered why he looked upset.

"And you?" You looked up at him waiting for a similar answer.

"Hmm?" He asked but later realized you wanted to know what class he was in as well. "Oh, uhm... 2nd floor, 4th classroom down the right hall, Class 3." He gave a complete different answer from yours.

"Oh, no wonder I haven't seen you around. Your in a totally different part of the school! Not to mention, grade!" You chimed up. The school was actually pretty big for an elementary school, quite expensive too, but your parent wanted the best for you and this was it. As well as Donghae's parents.

"Well, I've seen you around. You must have just not noticed me...." Donghae surprised you. You never thought anyone had even noticed you were alive in this school, only your one friend who ditched you earlier...

"Oh... Mian... I usually don't talk to peo-" You started your apology for not ever seeing him but he interupted you.

"It's okay~" He smiled. "I understand~ I just like to look around, observe my surroundings." He stuck his hands in his pockets with a smile. "That's how I noticed you~ at lunch. I think you were wearing the same skirt as you are now along with a red blouse and your long braids with a small white bow next to your bangs." He looked at you smiling at his memory.

You gave him a look of surprise and also confusion. You still didn't understand how 1- it was humanly possible to even notice you and 2- to actually remember the details of the first time seeing you.

You hesitantly looked down at your shoes wanting to speak up but not knowing what to say to that.

"Don't be freaked out." Donghae suddenly blurted along with a little laughter. "I just have a good memory." He smiled once again.

What was with him always smiling? It's like even if the boy frowned, it only lasted one second and it was back to a smile.

A comforting smile. A cute smile.

A smile you started to adore.

 

~ 8 years later~

"EUNSUNG-AH~!" You heard manly call from behind you. Turning around, you saw the handsome young man you had become best friends with, Donghae.

His dark brown hair, still wavy and as beautiful as ever.

His dark brown eyes, which sparkled like no other being the things you could never get your mind off of.

And his manly physic which just kind of made you go crazy somtimes, looking at him.

You smiled at the now 17 year old boy who stood at at the end of the aisle at your local grocery store holding a giant watermelon with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"We should get some!" He held up the watermelon happily.

"For your birthday!" He suggested, walking the watermelon over to the cart you was pushing.

You giggled at him as he set the one lonely watermelon in the cart. "Donghae... I think we will need more than just one of these... A lot of people are going to show up tonight. I don't think it will be enough for everyone to have some~" You suggested worriedly.

Just then he poked his face in front of yours. A little too close... "Aniyo~ it's not FOR everyone to eat." He pointed out like it was obvious that no one would eat it...

You gave him a face that just spoke "really....?" in a very sarcastic way.

"WELL WHY ARE WE GETTING IT IF NO ONES GONA EAT IT?!" You blurted loudly.

He scoffed at your words. "Fine~ I'll just put it back~" He smirked, picking it up once again. "It WAS going to be for us, only us, after everyone left~ But I guess you don't want to~" He smirked even more, starting to walk away.

"A-aniyo..." you started nervously.

You wanted to have just a moment with him. Relax, eat watermelon, just the two of you alone. After all, today was your 16th birthday and you wanted to end it on a good note and that good note was him.

---

You had known Donghae for 8 years now. You two had litterally gone through thick and thin together. You both fought like crazy seeing as your personalities are so different but then again, each fight never bothered you, nor him. In some way, it also seemed like you were just one person. Each and every second you spent together felt like heaven. You couldn't explain how someone so drastically different from you could be closest to you, but it was true. He was the one person closest to your heart. In fact, he had your heart.

You and Donghae went to the same school together for 8 years. Now you were a sophmore in high school and he was a junior. High school was the perfect domain for the both of you because here, you could have the same classes together as well as lunch, pretty much spending the whole day together. 

Every moment of everyday, you were always next to him as he was to you. Sure you two would have to leave each others sides sometimes for a moment. But just being away from him for that moment made your heart ache just the tinniest bit.

---

Donghae paused in his steps, turning his head towards you and slightly poking out his ear. "What's that? I couldn't hear~" He joked.

You sighed "Aniyo. Just bring the watermelon back." You casually demanded, looking away because you knew the ego that was started to grow inside of him just knowing he was right. 

"I was right~"  He cheerfully spoke, placing the watermelon down in the cart once again. "I knew you wouldn't say no to being with me~" He winked confidentally.

"Aish..." You spoke annoyed with his confidence. More like annoyed with the fact that yes, he actually was right.

How could I NOT want to be with you...?

You started to push the cart around the store finding more food to bring to your party tonight.

---

By now, you were actually kind of popular in high school. It's like your life had turned around. You went from a lonely kid sitting on a bench at reccess to a girl who was no longer afraid to talk to people and get to know someone. You could easily make conversation with anyone who came up to you. It was now your strong suit which you NEVER thought would happen. Donghae on the other hand, has always been able to talk to people. A talent in which you admired~ You would try to do well communicating but he was always so natural with it~

You were actually kind of jealous of it.

---

After spending an hour in the grocery store, you gathered everything up to take out to Donghae's car. Of course, because I can't drive yet... YET.

You reached the car with your hands full of bags for tonight.

"So I already decorated my place up with balloons and what not~ All we have to do is set up this food and wait for people to come" Donghae turned to you with his caring smile as you both placed the bags in the trunk.

"Thank you, oppa. You really made today amazing~" You smiled brightly as you then tackled him with a big hug.

He giggled at your hapiness. "The fun part hasn't even begun~" He looked down, smirking. You smiled at him and his silliness, still keeping a hold of him.

 

You finally arrived at Donghae's house; a pretty big mansion that could fit hundreds of people for a party.

(This is what it looks like)

"Here!" He called out happily as he got out of the car and opened your door for you. He's always been polite like that. But only to you which you thought was strange because, sure he's nice to everyone, but he won't open a car door for any other girl nor buy her a meal nor let her sleep over at his house, ect.

Maybe it was because you two were best friends and that's just what best friends do. Or maybe there was another reason for it.

But again, you doubted it.

 

Once making your way inside, you and Donghae set up the place for you birthday party.

Eventually people started showing up and making the place lively and fun.

Music played loudly through the stereos in the wall and everyone danced around all through out the house.

After a while, you got annoyed with all the crazy people...

"Hey Donghae, wana go outside for a bit!? It's really loud in hear!" You yelled over the music thinking Donghae was still standing next to you like he was five minutes ago. But when you looked to your side, he was no longer there. "Donghae?" You spoke looking around the room you were in, but he was no where in sight.

You wanted to go search for him but you didn't want to seem creepy like you were stalking him or anything so you just went outside by yourself.

Making your way through the huge, fancy kitchen, you opened the screen door to the backyard where laid a nice pool surrounded by trees flowing in the wind and flower pedals falling against the glowing blue water.

"Ahh~ It feels so calming out here~ refreshing." He muttered to yourself, smiling at the scenery.

Gazing at the water for a moment, you then decided to rest your feet in it as you sat on the edge of the pool.

You could hear the loud music still but it faded a bit considering you were out here, relaxed.

 

You kicked your feet against the cold water as you star watched.

The stars had always fascinated you, they were like little life forms of there own, mini suns. The idea intreeged you, so every night you liked to go outside and stare at the stars admiring there bright souls.

"Ahhh~" You sighed happily with the thought of today turning out pretty dang good. Minus the fact that you couldn't find Donghae, you were feeling amazing.

Just then you heard a familiar voice call your name.

speak of the devil...

"Ya~ Where were you?!"  The voice called out from behind you. "I couldn't find my birthday girl anywhere~" It spoke as it got closer, eventually right next to your ear.

You looked to your left to where the voice was. Donghae rolled up his pants legs and decided to dip his feet in the water with yours. "AH!" He called out suddenly, bringing his feet back out of the water.

"What's wrong?!" You yelled surprised.

"It's cold..." He pouted suddenly.

You giggled at him before he tried putting his feet back in the water, very slowly this time of course.

The two of you sat side by side, shoudlers touching, as you admired the rippling water. "So, I kicked everyone out." Donghae suddenly informed you.

"Mwoh?!" You looked at him surprised. "Wae?" You kind of felt saddened by that. But it really shouldn't have bothered you, considering you weren't paying attention to anyone anyways.

"It was starting to get a little crazy... I didn't want you to have to deal with everyone in there..." He gave you an apologetic look.

"Ohh..." You looked down at the water a bit upset.

"I'm sorry... But look on the bright side!" He cheered up.

You looked at him hopeful of this 'brightside' he was talking about.

"At least you don't have to open as many presents now! We don't have to deal with cleaning up all that wrapping!" He gave you a joking smile.

"YA!" You lightly hit his arm followed by a short laugh at his attempt to make you feel better.

"haha~" He laughed back with a cute smile. "Really though~ I'm sorry. I know tonight should have been fun but it was probably just to much. ...right?" He looked at you curiousy hopeing you'd agree so that he wouldn't feel bad about ruining it by making everyone go home.

"Ya, too loud and rambunctious. That's why I came out here. To get some peace~" you informed him with a smile.

I'm actually kind of happy everyone left, now that I think about it.

Now I finally get to spend time with you, Donghae.

Just us.

Thinking to yourself, you smiled. Not realizing your cheeks were turning a light shade of pink with the thought of Donghae.

"Why are you blushing?" Donghae suddenly laughed at you as he gazed at your flushed face.

Mortified, your eyes widened as you shook your thoughts of him away. "ANI! I wasn't blushing!" You quickly lifted your dripping feet out of the water and stood  yourself up.

He followed your actions and did the same.

As he walked towards you, Donghae leaned in slightly towards your face with a teasing smile before he spoke "Oh, but I saw. Eunsung was blushing~~~~" He teased you more.

Standing straight again, he crossed his arms and gave a cute little smirk "I think this is the first time I've seen you blush~"

With that said, you immediately dropped your face to the ground, not looking up at all.

AHG! STOP BLUSHINGGGG!!!! STOP STOP STOP!!!

Why are you even blushing?!

Is it really because of the boy standing in front of you right now?!

I don't even feel that way about him! Why am I blushing?!?!?!?

---

Through out the past year, you had started to form feelings for this boy you called your best friend.

It seemed like everything he did made you smile. And everything he said, warmed your heart.

You couldn't stand being away from him and you couldn't stand seeing him with other girls.

Of course, you had to deal with it though because Donghae is considered 'popular' and all the girls fawn over him. Your not even a match to them, just a best friend...and that tag drove you insane; the best friend tag.

Even though you felt this way deep down inside, you wouldn't let yourself believe it.

You convinced yourself that you don't have feelings for him and won't admit such a thing to anyone because what if it were to ruin everything?

What if you lost your soulmate by admitting that he was your soulmate....?

But for right now, you don't even know he's your soulmate. All you know is that there might be something more between you two, but you won't risk it...

---

"Oh come on, you can tell me~" Donghae reached out his hand to take a hold of your jaw lightly and lifting it so he could see your face. 

Just that small action turned your cheeks even redder.

"I'm not going to judge you~ Hey! I've blushed before!" He shrugged jokingly.

You laughed as you released his hand from you.

"Just ignore it~" You swayed past him.

"Fine~ Don't tell me~" He stuck out his tongue from behind you as you walked inside knowing he would only follow behind you.

 

Making your way inside, an idea suddenly struck you. "Ya! Oppa! Let's have a movie marathon! For the rest of the night! Should we?!" You begged him excitedly as he grabbed a towel to dry his feet off.

He nodded agreeingly "Ya, that's sound fun~" He smiled at you then throwing the towel at your face.

"Hey! what was that for?!" You yelled at him annoyed.

"Dry your feet. Your getting the floors wet and dirty." He demanded in the nicest way he could.

It seemed like this boy could never really strike fear in someone at any point in his life, even being demanding, he seemed nice. Of course he didn't want to be rude or mean anyway~

 

After drying your feet off, you realized the house was in a bit of a mess. "Donghae-ah~ We should clean this up before we start the movies..." You informed, looking at the cups and food spilt everywhere.

He shrugged momentarily. "I guess we probably should... I mean I have a maid but she's probably asleep right now. She'd be happy seeing as we cleaned everything up, sparing her the work. " He smiled genuinely.

You smiled at his caring self.

Just the thought of him being so sweet made your heart beat a little too fast.

 

The two of you got to work, cleaning up the mess everyone else left behind.

After throwing out all the trash, you gave yourself a high five and a content smile with the house looking back to shiny and new.

"Okay~" Donghae sighed with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his hands on his waist tired from picking up so much crap.

"Let's relax now~" He looked up and smiled at you.

You nodded happily and told him to go get the movie ready while you cut up some watermelon.

 

As you were walking to the living room where there was a giant couch waiting for you and Donghae, you noticed him pulling out a blanket from the closet.

You stood around the corner watching him while holding your watermelon before entering the room.

"Hmm... one blanket? or two...." He muttered to himself, pulling out a seperate blanket.

After staring at both blankets for a while, he threw one back in the closet. "One should be fine" He smiled to himself holding the blanket in his arms.

He set the blanket on the arm of the couch near where he was sitting. "Okay, okay~ this way if she gets cold I can just wrap it around her myself. heh~" He giggled to himself like he was a young boy with a cute crush. But of course, you being oblivious just thought he was being silly again.

You rolled your eyes jokingly and made your way to him on the couch "Here's your watermelon!" You cheerfully handed him his plate as you sat down with yours.

The both of you sat on the couch casually stuffing your faces with watermelon until there were no more.

"Oh... I guess it's all gone..." You muttered with some still left in your mouth.

"Ya.." He spoke, doing the same.

You scooted the plates aside and turned off the lights with the fancy remote Donghae had for like, everything. You didn't understand why he had a remote for everything, but you didn't question the weirdness of it either.

 

It was almost midnight now and it was starting to get a bit chilly as you and Donghae were sitting shoulder to shoulder on the far right of the couch.

For now, you were using him as warmth, which he liked. So he avoided having to use the blanket until he REALLY started getting cold.

"Oppa, it's freezing in here... Can we please use that blanket?" You asked him, pointing to the blanket touching his arm.

"O-oh..." He muttered. "Ya." He hesitantly pulled the blanket from under him as he laid it on top of his lap and yours. He was a bit upset that he wasn't enough for you...

Adjusting the blanket to make sure you were warm, he suddenly felt his heartbeat racing a bit with the touch of his hand against your bare shoulder.

(You were wearing a striped tank top along with a cute pair of washed out jean shorts for the night.)

Immediately, he let go of the blanket and stared at the tv screen instead. Why is my heart going crazy right now...? He thought nervously. It's just a blanket, just a cute gesture to wrap us both in it... together... He started to get even more nervous.

For the first time, he felt scared to be touching you like this. You being so close to him, cuddling him...

Maybe it was because it was a cold, dark movie night in which you both had never done before. Sure you've watched movies together but you've never been in a dark room alone with Donghae cuddling him late at night like this. And he kind of like it, so did you but you wouldn't admit it, not even to yourself.

You both spent the rest of the night together on the couch in living room.

 

Eventually the two of you fell asleep around 2am with a movie still playing.

Donghae's arms were wrapped around you as your head laid comfortably on his chest with a blanket covering both of you.

It turned out to be a good birthday after all, the best birthday. All because you got to end it by falling asleep in his arms...

 

~~~~

Hey everyone! So I'm glad your still with me this far, hehe~

So right now, obviously the two of them are teenagers. We're just really getting started with everything right now~

But each chapter will be even more interesting as you go~ So I hope you anticipate chapter three ^^

And please be easy on me this is only my second fanfic~

Thanks again ^^ keep reading~