Chapter Two: To Act As If Nothing's Wrong

Bittersweet Life

~Nobody's POV~

It was late night, around 12 or 1, wehn Seunghyun finally arrived home, a small gift wrapped box in hand. This place was pretty silent, meaning everybody had to be sleep by now, which he was truly grateful for this because he wanted the house to himself when he gave maknae his anniversery gift. Seunghyun smiled to himself. He couldn't believe it had been a year already. One unbelievably long year filled with fights, tears, mindless chatter, hot nights of passion, and most of all their love for one another. He was happy that they made it through this year and he hoped and prayed that there would many more years like the last. He opened Seungri's creaky door as slowly as he could so he didn't wake anyone else up.

"Ri I'm here--" He was cut off by by the sound of his younger boyfriend's light snoring and he just sighed. "I thought I told you to wait for me..." he groaned, looking over his sleeping form, which was sorta curled in a ball. He was just so cute when slept like that; he just looked so helpless. Seunghyun bent down over his maknae's body, lightly touching the side of his face and kissing his forehead. He hated to have to wake him up like this.  "I guess you'll get your present tomorrow then," He whispered in his lover's ear, watching him flinch a little but fall back into place. He smiled again, he is such a baby, he thought as he walked out of Seungri's room to his own. He figured Maknae would wake up at some point in the early morning hours and come to him, he always did anyway.

~Seungri's POV~

Hmm...Hyung...?

I opened my eyes, but there was no one in sight. That's funny...I could've sworn I heard my hyung's voice just now in the distance...I sat up in my bed and looked around; my room was completely dark now, I guess it was pretty late at this point...Oh no, I was supposed to wait up for him! He said he had a suprise fo-- Oh crap...that again...Everything came flooding back to me all at once; The letter, the upsetting news that only Jiyong knew of as of right now, the notice of my inpending death...I felt myself sinking right down into that deep dark hole I was in earlier. I knew he was home right now, and I knew I needed to go to him right now and just tell him everything, but what was I supposed to say? Especially seeing as its our very first anniversery, I can't just very well waltz up to him and say "oh this will be our very last year together I'm going to die"...I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I was at a total loss here. I didn't really want to deal with this alone, but I didn't want to break my love's heart either. I wanted him to stay just as happy and oblivious to this whole situation until I could no longer hide it from him...

Right now I feel like complete and utter crap. I don't want to leave my room; I just wanna sit in here and shut myself off from the world right now, but I know that for the sake of my sanity, there is only one thing that could possibly keep me grounded right now...

I reluctantly got up and trudged my way over to Seunghyun's room, trying to make myself look as happy as possible. Who am I kidding...

~TOP's POV~

"Hyunnie," I subconsiously heard his voice off in the distance calling my name. "Hyunnie...are you awake?"

"Hyunnie's not in right now," I mumbled, trying to ignore his distant voice and turning to face the wall, covers pulled up over my head. "Try again later..."

For moment I thought he'd left but after a while I felt the weight of the mattress shift behind me and a familiar warmth pressed up against my back. I felt him cuddle up against me and then finally settle to where he was gonna be for the night.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep on you hyung," he spoke quietly, "but I was just a little...stressed."

I shifted my position in bed so I could see his face. I couldn't see very well due to the fact that it was plenty dark in my room but from the looks of it, his eyes looked puffy, as if he'd been...crying. I cupped his face in my hands, "is everything okay? Something wrong?"

"...no. Everything's fine," you said unconvincingly, like you weren't too sure yourself. For a moment there I could've sworn I saw the look of regret flash across your face, but it was gone just as quick as it had came.

"You don't sound too sure of your own answer," I replied, looking straight into your eyes. I could see something was wrong now. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything's fine, I told you," He looked away from me and sighed. "Now where's my gift? You said you had something for me."

"Demanding, aren't we?" I mumbled, pretending like I didn't realize he was trying to change the subject. If he doesn't want to tell me what's bothering him then I won't press the issue. I pulled myself away from the boy and sat up, pulling him with me. I pulled out the box that was conveniently in my pajama pants pocket and handed it to him. "Happy anniversery."

~Seungri's POV~

I looked between Seunghyun and the little intricately designed box he handed me and blinked. "What is it?"

"Look and find out."

I looked at the box and slowly opened it to reveal a simple silver band. "A ring?"

"Couple's ring," Seunghyun corrected as he held up his hand, showing me an identical silver band on his ring finger, although his was a bit thicker. He took the box from me and grabbed my hand, sliding the cool piece of metal on my ring finger, "Now I can properly classify you as mine for the previous year and the years to come."

Leave it to Seunghyun to make such a simple notion mean so much more. Too bad I didn't have 'years' to go. Before I let my depression get the better of me I plastered a strained smile on my face and hugged him as tightly as I could. I felt him wrap his arms around me as well.

"I'll cherish this this ring for as long as we're together."

"Which will be for a long time right?" He asked, doing that signature eyebrow thing he does in public around the fans.

"Of course...very long time..." I spoke without conviction. He didn't know 'forever' in this case, was only about nine months.

He didn't know that his simplistic world was about to become very complicated.

~****************~

A/N: Comments are L.O.V to the E yo!