Chapter 3: Of Challenges and Excitement Part 2

The Element's Requiem

Not a single conversation is heard inside Bigbang’s car. Seungri who’s now sitting beside Jiyong is switching between straining his neck to get a glimpse of Dara and harassing Daesung to start a conversation with her through text. Daesung threw dirty looks at Seungri whenever he received a message from him but Seungri stubborn as he is, never listened which resulted to have his head smacked by Daesung. Top who is sitting at the adjacent seat to Dara’s can’t seem to find a comfortable position in the seat since he kept on wiggling on his seat and stealing side glances from Dara. Jiyong on the other hand, though dying of curiosity about the girl pretended to sleep but same as Seungri, he’s hoping that Daesung would start a conversation with Dara as well. The only person who has his curiosity slightly quenched is Youngbae who has been staring behind his sunglasses at Dara through the van’s side mirror, the whole time. With his window half open, he can clearly see Dara looked at the scenery outside the window.

       “Errrmm.. ehem” Daesung faked a cough which made everyone’s attention focused on him.

       “Dara-shii, are you going to the music video shoot of Gummy-noona?”

       “Yes.” She replied curtly.

“Are you gonna be part of the music video?”

“Yes.”

“Are you going to be the lead female lady of the video? Hahahaha” Daesung laughed awkwardly.

“Yes.”
       “Ahh okay.” Daesung replied. At loss for other questions to ask Daesung just focused his attention to the moving scenery.

       “Daesung.” Their manager interjected a while later. “It’s Dara-noona for you! She’s older than all of you” Bigbang’s shocked faces looked at Dara before looking back to their manager.

       “Older??? What??? Hyung you’re joking! Hahahaha” Daesung laughed loudly.

       “Why don’t you ask her.” The manager smiled at Daesung and returned his focus in driving.

       Daesung stared at his manager before Seungri who really eager to find the answer, tapped Daesung’s head and nodded his head towards Dara’s direction.

       “Are you really older than us Dara-shii?” Daesung asked.

       “I’m already 29 years old.” She replied without looking at Daesung. A series of whoah’s and ohhhs and eehhhsss followed the reply.

       “Wow, so it’ll be Dara-noona then. Wehehehhe” Daesung replied while scratching his head.

Jiyong looked at Dara’s direction. “Her face does not reflect her age at all and calling her noona would be really weird.” He thought Yeah it would be really weird to call her noon especially when she looks like a 16 year old girl, so young and beautiful and definitely not like a 29 year old girl. “I won’t call her noona then” Jiyong mumbled.

 

 

After dropping theat the salon, Top together with Dara proceeded to the location of the MV shoot. The location is a bit far that it took them 4 hours before they have arrived at location. It was already late afternoon when they arrived and because of the coldness of the weather that it would be torture to stay outside, outside scenes were postponed until the next morning.

“Top-shii, Dara-shii have you met each other already?” The director of the asked while entering the room that the team has reserved for the two characters of the MV.

“Yes, director.” Top stood up and bowed to the director while Dara just ignored the director. The director didn’t mind Dara’s behavior since it is not new to him.

“Yeah, well that’s good!” The director continued. “I believe you two has already been oriented with all the scenes, right”

“Yes, director”

“And the kissing scene as well, right?”

Top’s eyes bulged and looked at the silent girl on his right.

“K-kissing scene?” Top nervously asked.

“Well, hehehehe it’s more of a 1 inch distance of each other’s lips but leave the camera angles and directing to me and before you know it a real kissing scene will be shown in the video. Muwahahahahaha” The director laughed at this mini joke.

“B-b-but I don’t know.. I mean, I don’t know if it will be okay with Dara-noona.” Top looked at Dara again.

“It’s okay.” Dara replied without looking at Top. The late winter wind blowing though the trees outside of the window stopped for a second before it resumed.

 

 “Aigoo, I wonder what scenes Top-hyung and Dara-noona are filming! It must be really awesome, right? Are they going to have a kissing scene? Aigoo lucky hyung is lucky! I wish we could switch places. aiyooo” Seungri blabbered to no one in particular. The four members are currently being prepped up for a photoshoot of YG Flavors’ Autumn collection. Make-up artists and their managers buzzed around the Bigbang members.

“Stop blabbering Ri! You’re hurting my eardrums!” Jiyong spat.

“Yeah, maknae. Slow it down.......” Youngbae seconded. “Anyway, do you know who will be our stylist for this photoshoot?”

“No.” Daesung replied.

“No, hyung”

“Haven’t heard about anything as well, Bae.”

“I guess this’ll be another surprise then.”

The door in the dressing room opened and in came rack of clothes in different styles and colors.

       “Manager-hyung! Do you know who our stylist is?” Seungri eagerly asked.

       “Yeah, I’ve met them. They’re just outside discussing some stuff with the photographer.”

       “Are they all girls? Have we worked with them before? Are they really good? Huuhh??“

       “Seungri is all excited eh!” Daesung chided.

       “Of course hyung! I must do well since I’m in-charge with this groups’ charisma!”

       “More like in-charge of the groups’ Casanova activities!” Jiyong blurted. The make up artists and managers snickered at Jiyong’s statement.

       “Hyuuuuung!!! I’m not like that!!” Seungri retorted.

       “Annyeong yoreubun!” A warm voice interrupted their conversation. All of them turned towards the door where a cute purple haired girl and blonde haired girl stood. “I’m Minzy ang this is CL-unnie. We will be your stylist for this photoshoot. I hope we can work well together.” Minzy said with a bow.

       “Ahh! You’re the members of the Events and Endorsements Department!” Daesung exclaimed excitedly.

       “Neh! But we will be working as your stylists for now. Please take care of us.” Minzy replied.

       “Please take care of us.” CL said in a bit formal way and bowed.

       “Glad to meet you Cl-shi, Minzy-shi! I’m Youngbae by the way.”

       “Daesung here!”

       “Yoh! I’m Jiyong”

       “Hii! My name Seungri, I’m very glad to have finally met you!” Seungri stood up from the make up chair and shook hands with Minzy and CL. He held Cl’s hands a few seconds longer than normal and gave her a big toothy smile.

“I’ll definitely will take good care of you! And because I like you two aleady, I’ll treat you to dinner tonight!!! Give me your numbers so I can contact you!”

“Wooooowwww smooth moves right there, maknae! You’re getting good at this!”

Youngbae exclaimed while trying to stop his laughter.

CL just looked at him and said coolly. “I don’t give my number to anyone and we can buy our own dinner. Please give me my hand back.”

       The whole room erupted in laughter after hearing what CL said and seeing Seungri’s red face.

       “Errmm well.. ahhhh okay…. See you around.. wehehehehe!” Seungri mumbled and bowed his head before going back in his chair ignoring another round of laughter from the people in the room.

 

 

      

       “Annnnddd cut!!! Very good! That will be all for the night guys!” The director shouted through his megaphone at the two people in the room. They have just finished the indoor scenes including the “kissing” scene.

       “I didn’t know you’re really good at acting Dara-noona.” Top said to his partner.

       “Thank you.” She replied curtly.

       “I won’t be surprised if you’d be offered a lot of drama projects after this music video! I learned a lot from you today!” Top continued to talk.

       “You did well yourself.” Dara replied smilingly. Top stared at Dara for a few seconds before looking away hiding the blush that’s growing on his .

       Well, it’s not the first time that Top saw Dara smile. During the shoot, there were a lot of smiling Dara scenes and whenever she smiled, it seemed like the whole place became more colorful and bright. However, the smile that Dara did is a different one. The smile did not reach her eyes and even if she’s smiling, he can feel that she’s a bit awkward when doing it.

       “Ah. This person is just like me. Being awkward with new people.” Top thought.

       “Ahahaha. Errmm thanks. Ahahahha” he laughed awkwardly. “Let’s go eat now, it’s pretty late already. I’ll buy you a meal.”

       “Don’t bother. I’ go and rest. I’m tired. Thanks anyways.” Dara replied and stood up from the bed that they were sitting from.

       Top felt the change in Dara’s tone. A while ago, he thought that she’s already warming up on him but right now, it seemed like the cold Dara he once thought of when they first talked before the shoot started, is back.

       “Ah. Okay. Well, I’ll just see you tomorrow.” Top replied while scratching the back of his head.

       Dara didn’t reply and walked out of the set to the direction of their rented quarters. Top stared at the retreating back of Dara. He’s a bit curious about her. He is usually shy and awkward with new people but when he talked with Dara, he felt comfortable already and talking with her is so easy with him that it seemed like she has known her for a long time already. Moreover, doing the scenes with her was a breeze, even during the kissing scene where he thought it’ll be very awkward, it turned out very well. Although her personality is so cold but when the film starts rolling, Dara is lost and girl who is so in love with her boyfriend appears.

       “ehh.. Choi Seunghyun getting comfortable with a girl this fast? Tsk. Well, this is a first.” Top said to himself while shaking his head slowly.

 

 

       “Good evening, this is Lee Shi Min for the KKBS news break. A new Minister of Justice has been appointed by the Prime Minister himself. Former Seoul City Mayor Kwon Sung Jin has been declared as the new Minister of Justice of Seoul South Korea. The Prime Minister has stressed the big contribution of Kwon Sung Jin in bringing order to the once chaotic Seoul City and hopes that Mr. Kwon Sung Jin will also bring such changes to the whole South Korea. A…”

       Cl held the remote control in a tight grip while watching the news on TV.

       “Tsk. What the hell is this?” Cl stared angrily at the news clip of the Prime Minister talking to a group of news reporter

       “Whew! It’s a crazy weather outside, unnie!” Minzy entered the room covered with snowflakes. “ Apparently, there’s a very late batch of snowfall and it’s exciting everyone outside. Aigoo these kids! Wahahahaha” Minzy laughed at ther own joke.

       “I don’t think it’s a late batch of snowfall Mingkki.” Cl replied in a serious tone.

       “Eh?”

       “Call Bommie unnie before this late batch of snowfall turns into a freak blizzard storm.”

       “Why call Bommie unnie?” Still puzzled with Cl’s behaviors, Minzy took out her phone and started dialing Bom’s number.

       “That’s why.” Cl pointed to the television set where the Prime Minister and Kwon Sung Jin are shaking hands basked in flashes of camera and TV lights.

       Minzy stared at the TV and sat at the chair disbelief and fear is shown in her face.

       “Oh no…… Dara-unnie” Minzy mumbled.

 

 

A/N

Hello everyone!!! How are you doing!

Thank you for reading and subscribing to this ficcie!!! I hope you're enjoying this!!

Here'a another update.. and again, i apologize for the mind boggling wrong grammars and spellings. T_T *slams head to the wall*

 

I hope i can update in the next few days.. Work is hunting me. T_T

and i think i won't be able to procrastinate that much anymore... but don't worry.. i'll do my best to be able to update!. weheheheheh

 

@kimchipancake thank you!!! your comment really made me more engergetic in writing this chapter!

@lesly_keys aiiggoo thank you for reading this ficcie.. i feel honored to be complimented. ahihihihihi *blush*  i'll keep your opinion in mind!

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting!

until then!

-megumi-chan