Chapter 4

In our own world of the Sun

 

When Minki had finally stopped crying, his skin was all damp, almost feverish and he looked so infinitely tired that Jonghyun had not been able to bear the thought of him staggering back to his room, so he had insisted that Minki didn’t go anywhere.

“Stay here until Aron gets back. You can use my bed if you want”.

“Thank you…”

The blonde didn’t move though; instead he just folded his arms on the back of the chair, resting his head on them as he slowly drifted into sleep.

“Oh please, not there. You’re too heavy to move… Damn it…” Jonghyun sighed and carefully made the sleeping Minki stand. Slowly he managed to lift his arm around his neck and dragged him to his own bed, which was the nearest of the two in the room. Not as tenderly as he could have hoped for he placed Minki on the bed, the blonde immediately curling up in the mess of blankets and pillows, hardly used because of the hot Japanese summer. His locks looked snow white in the sharp sunlight and Jonghyun quickly drew the curtains so that the gleams of light wouldn’t touch Minki’s delicate skin.

With a little smile he brushed the hair from his face and sat down on the bed next to him.

“You’re not being fair, you know that?” he whispered, sighing. “Why are you so mysterious?” For a moment he couldn’t let go of Minki’s soft hair. “What are you hiding from me?”

 

The first thing Aron saw when he walked into his room was Jonghyun, asleep. On Aron’s bed, great.

He sighed, wanting to get some sleep before dinner, but realised that Jonghyun’s bed was also occupied.

“Hey sleepyhead”. He put the sleeping mats he had been carrying down and turned to his own bed again to try and wake Jonghyun. “Get out of my bed, I need it. Honestly…” Jonghyun didn’t react the slightest, not even when Aron grabbed onto one of his shoulders and shook him to make him wake up. Instead he made a small noise, obviously annoyed in his sleep and turned his head away from Aron, curling up with the blanket.

“Oh no, you’re not!”

Aron grabbed the sheet beneath him and pulled. With a scream Jonghyun rolled from the bed and hit the floor with a loud crash.

“I hate you, you know that?” he muttered as he untangled himself from the blanket, that he hadn’t let go off during the fall. “Why did you do that?”
“Because I’m tired. It’s not my fault your bed is full”.

Jonghyun looked confused at him from his position on the floor, then his gaze fell upon what was visible of Minki’s hair beneath the blanket of his own bed.

“Oh, right, I forgot… He wanted to see you actually”.

“And then he just passed out on your bed when he found out I wasn’t here?”

“No, he… Whatever, but as soon as he wakes up he wants to talk to you about Minhyun”.

“What?!”
“Yeah, thought I would inform you up front, in case you started to freak out, but you have nothing to worry about, seriously. In fact, I think you’re gonna get totally off on it”.

Jonghyun smiled his wide carefree smile, that had Aron curling his lips, too.

“Really? Is it that good?”
“Better, just you wait. By the way, what are those for?” He had finally spotted the sleeping mats that Aron had left on the floor.

“Sleepover next weekend. I figured it was a bit too early to share a bed”.

They both started to laugh simultaneously, not noticing that Minki was starting to move in his sleep, his eyes roving behind his closed lids.

“You actually invited him? As if you’re going to get any sleep!”

Jonghyun gently lashed out at Aron’s arm, making the older guy blush at his comment.

“As I said, it’s too early for bed-sharing… Besides, you and Minki will be here also. But then again, maybe you’ll want to share a blanket as well?” He smirked and it was Jonghyun’s turn to blush, unintentionally though.

“I don’t know what you mean…”

“Well, who am I to judge… But you must admit, it’s a bit odd that he’s lying in your bed like that”.

Jonghyun took a deep breath, his thoughts one big incoherent mess that he couldn’t really find out how to deal with.

“Honestly Aron, I don’t think I like him like that. I just feel sorry for him…” He bit his lip, looking down and Aron did the same, not wanting to push him to talk by forcing his own gaze upon his uncomfortable shoulders.

“Interesting, go on… You looked quite lovey-dovey already when you met, I actually thought you had finally figured yourself out”.

“Well, I haven’t… I really want to be friends with him, that’s all. It seems as if there’s so much he’s not telling, I can’t just let it go. Without saying too much I… I feel weird watching him cry. I want it to stop, okay? So I guess I’m just way too worried about him”.

Aron nodded, chewing on his lip as if he was thinking.

“Then I guess the mission is clear for both of us, right? We have to get you to be alone with him so you can talk all you want until you don’t worry anymore!”

“Yeah right, you just want to get me out of the way so you can sweet-talk your way into Minhyun’s pants. Even though, I’ll pretend to believe your honourable motives and agree.”

Minki hid a smile in the pillow, feeling the warmth starting to spread inside of him. Jonghyun had been right, Aron was interested in Minhyun.

With a small moan as if he was just in the process of waking up he started to move a bit in the bed, making both Aron and Jonghyun turn their heads, ceasing their talk.

“’Morning,” he mumbled disorientated as he rose to his elbows, looking at them from under the messy pile of white hair.

“Well, not exactly.” Aron smiled. “It’s almost 7pm. But good thing you’re comfortable.”
Minki blushed, but the pleasant warmth inside didn’t vanish. He sat up properly and smiled back.

“Yeah, but I have to get back. Minhyun might wonder where I am.”

“But Jonghyun said you wanted to talk to me?”

“Oh no, I’m fine, thanks.” He grabbed the DVD from the small bedside table as he got up with a smile so sincere and happy it almost seemed wrong. “Jonghyun said it would be fine if I borrowed that?”
“Oh, sure…” Both of them looked utterly confused when Minki thanked again and left, still smiling and with the DVD absentmindedly clenched in his hand.

He hurried back to his and Minhyun’s room, his stomach fluttering with excitement. Why would he need to talk to Aron after having overheard their little chat? He needed no further reassurance.

Minhyun was sitting in a chair, reading, when Minki strode into the room.

“Hey, I’m back-“
“Thank goodness, I’ve been needing your help so badly!” The taller boy jumped from his his chair. “Aron has asked us to do a sleepover next weekend with him and Jonghyun and I can’t do it!”

His eyes were wide open in panic and Minki could tell he was about to tremble.

“W-Why not?”

“I couldn’t even walk beside him without getting all , what am I supposed to do about a sleepover?” The brunette looked on the verge of crying. “What if… what if he takes off his shirt? What if the mood gets all right and he wants to kiss me? What do I do?”

As he stood there in his fashionable clothes, tall, beautiful and utterly helpless, Minki couldn’t help but to eliminate the space between them and hug him, trying to act the stronger of the two. It was easy to forget how inexperienced Minhyun actually was. Shortly after they had first met he had confessed that he hadn’t even been kissed yet and that his cold and distanced attitude was no more than a cover made to hide the painful insecurity.

He squeezed Minhyun and curled the corners of his lips.

“You kiss him back, of course.” For a moment, Minki was sure Minhyun’s heartbeat had stopped and he pulled away to get a better look at his face. He was paler than fresh snow.

“I can’t,” he whispered. “You’ll be there, too, it’s just… embarrasing…”

“If you think so I’ll make sure you two get some time alone.”
“But Jonghyun…”
“I’ll take him with me. I’m sure I can make up some excuse, just… don’t make it more difficult than it actually is, okay?” He smiled reassuringly and placed a hand on Minhyun’s shoulder, trying to make him look up from the floor.

“Okay… But could you…” He bit his lip really hard and a rosy blush was starting to show on his cheeks. “I don’t know anything, couldn’t you tell me what to do? Anything… You’ve had girlfriends before, you know how to deal with those kinds of situations. I would be really grateful if you could tell me exactly how it feels…”

“There’s no need to ask. I’ll tell you whatever you want to know, I promise.” He hugged Minhyun again and went to fetch a hairbrush. Seating himself in front of the small mirror on their study table he started to get his bedhead back to looking decent. “But let’s wait until after school tomorrow. Dinner is in ten minutes and I want to take forever in the bath tonight.”
“You seem awfully happy all of a sudden,” Minhyun smirked, studying Minki’s face as much as he could in the small mirror.

“Really? Well, I guess I am.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: That's right, chapter 4 is FINALLY here and chapter 5 is being typed right now as well, and will hopefully be finished today or tomorrow, yays!
Sorry for the long wait ._______.