No One but Her

No One but Her

 

Her eyes where big but not shining different than the person some where In another country. Her hair was long and straight what every man usually wanted, but couldn't stop thinking of someone else's short wavy hair. 
 
He knew this was type of girl he should want the type that he needed for his job. He could take her to parties and everyone would stop and stare. She could be there to help him when he needed her. She wouldn't run of to another country to study the fashion there. She would always be with him. She would always be predictable. 
 
She left going saying she was going to fix herself. Couldn't she just come out and say "I have to go to the bathroom." Then couldn't she make some joke about it? Like, "you better be here when I get back your my ride home." No that was only the girl with the short wavy hair.
 
He looked up and came out his daze as she came back the light from the chandeliers in the hotel restaurant reflected if of her wine glass. It is hard to believe that he preferred the dim almost orange colored lights reflecting off the shot glasses at the tent they used to drink soju from.
 
Thinking back why did he even come on this blind date in the first place. Was it to please his parents who pressured him to get married or was it him in a silent protest, his own little rebellion that the wavy haired girl would never know about? 
 
His phone rang and excused himself from the awkward dinner table toward he answered it. 
 
"I am at the airport!" A happy voice said. "Hyung sik come pick me up." He smiled that voice he longed to here always knew the right time to call or show up to reel him back to her.
 
"I can't I am busy call someone else." Hyungsik joked with her. 
 
"I know your not busy. It is a Friday night so I would say your at a blind date with some big eyes long haired heiress yor mom probably found out of a catalog." He laughed at how well they knew each other.  "Is she pretteir then me?" He smiled into the phone. 
 
"Yes." 
 
"Good then she can find another date." He laughed 
 
"amd what would you say if I had said no?"
 
"I would have said your mom's taste had gone down if she is not using supermodel like girls to take you away from me." he smiled and pictured her standing at the airport. To many bags filled with clothes she designed and clothes that would probably get her on the front pages of fashion magazines. Nobody knew why his parents disproved of her. A big name fashion icon who made a name for herself across the world so young. Plus she is from a good family that his parents used to work with. Guys lined up at her door just to ask her on a date. She didn't care for them though she only cared for him. No one knew why either. Polar opposites when it came to personality. A singer actor with rich parents. She said she would have no one but him though. 
 
"I will be there in ten minutes." He said still a soft smile on his lips as he talked into the phone. 
 
"I will give you eight. If she asks where you are going tell her your going to your fiancé needs you that will teach your mom a lesson." He laughed as she hung up the phone apologized to the girl with the big eyes and ran out the door. There was no one else for him. There was only that wavy haired head waiting for him.
 
---------
 
My first one shot and I know I need to improve. Tell me what you think.