The Handsome Hobo

I Have a Dream

He Ran's POV
I woke up to the sound of beeping. My alarm clock. I lifted my arm and reached over my side to try and turn off the alarm clock but failed. I kept trying to feel for it but failed. I looked up and realized I was sitting at my desk. Oh great. I slept here again. You see,recently,I've been writing this new script for my Drama class and I have been staying up all night trying to finish it. It's due in three weeks and I'm  just barely getting started with the story. I'm not usually this slow but my boss has been giving me the night shifts lately and I get home around eight,which doesn't give me enough time to finish. 

I got up from my desk and headed to the bathroom. I stripped out of my pajamas and stepped into the shower. 
When I was done,I grabbed my towel,wrapped it around my body. I opened the door and stepped out into my bedroom. I felt a cold breeze which sent shivers up my body,which was of course still covered by my towel,and got goosebumps all over. I walked over to my closet and picked out my outfit for the day. I chose a hazel brown skirt that fell all the way to my ankles,a white tank top with two inch straps(I mean,that was the dress code and all),and my light brown Oxfords. To top it off,I sprayed on some of my Warm Vanilla Sugar perfume. For some reason,brown was my color for today. 

When I was all ready to go,I headed to the kitchen and ate some toast. Jeesh! What's up with me and brown today? 

I live alone in my apartment. My parents are always too busy for me which made me move out. I try not to have any connection with them but how can I not when my whole apartment is paid by them? I mean,I do pay some of the bills with my own money but the deal was that if I moved out,they had to pay. I mean anybody would think of it as a win-win situation right? But not me. I like to live independent and simple. It's been working out pretty good actually because nobody at school knows that my parents are rich. But it still bothers me how they don't trust me! You think they pay for my apartment because they love and care for me? Oh no. I mean I'm sure they do love and care about me but the real reason is that they don't trust me and they want to keep in touch with me at all times. Which is why the only way to do that is financially! 
I looked over at the clock to check what time it was: 8:30. Which means the bus would be arriving in about ten minutes. It usually takes me five minutes to walk there and twenty minutes to get to school. My class started at nine so when I was done with my breakfast,I grabbed my bag,headed towards the bus stop,put my earphones on and started listening to SISTAR's Loving You.

Jonghyun's POV
I woke up to a cold,sharp feeling on my face. I opened my eyes but was blinded by the sun. It was then shaded by something. No. Someone. I opened my eyes again and saw Mr. Baker,the owner of Bakers' Bar and Grill. Ironic right? Anyways,lately,I have been crashing by the dumpster behind his restaurant. And he has always been chasing me away but I keep coming back so I'm guessing he's more than angry now. 
"Haven't I told you a billion times to get lost?!" He yelled at my face.
"Uhhh....yes?" I answered him.
"Well?" 
"Well....?"
"Why haven't you?!"
"Uhhh....you see...hehe....ummm...."
"WHAT?!" He spit in face.
"Cuz...I haven't got the chance to find a place yet." I said as I wiped the spit off my face.
"Well too bad! Look kid. I'm running a business here and if you keep coming back here then how am I supposed to attract customers?!"
"Well it's not like I'm sleeping in the front where everyone can see! And am I begging you for food? No! So what's the big deal?!"
"Aish! I don't care! I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping here!"
"WHY?! I'm not doing anything wrong!"
"Still! I don't like Hobos! Ok?"
I just stared at him. Did he really say that? "Racist" I said under my breath.
"What?" 
"You are so racist!" I told him.
"What? How is that racist?"
He had a good point. That wasn't racist at all. In fact, it was just heartless. Man am I stupid.
"Aish! Whatever! Fine I'm leaving! Happy?"
"Yes. I am."
"You're nothing but a heartless man! You know that? No wonder your wife left you!"
He stared at me. No. More like glared. Man. If looks could kill. I felt like he was setting me on fire. We had a little staring contest and the next thing I knew my jaw was in pain. The stingy kind. He punched me!
As far as I knew,if someone punches you the logical thing to do would be to punch them back. So I did. I didn't care if he was like in his fifties! He's a ing jerk! The next thing I knew we were beating each other up. I was winning but then he did this one move and he ended up on top of me. He was beating the out of me. But I would not give up. I can't. I won't. 

He Ran's POV 
As I was walking to the bus stop,I passed by Bakers' Bar and Grill. When I walked by,I saw two people fighting in the alley. I stopped and looked around for help but no one was around. I walked a little closer and saw that it was Mr. Baker himself. He was beating up this guy really badly. I unplugged my earphones and put my iPod in my backpack. I decided to run inside the restaurant and ask for since it was the logical thing to do. 
"Help! Help! Mr. Baker and some guy are fighting!" I said.
It was a good thing there were no customers yet or else I would probably be beat up as well for making such a scandal.
"What?!" Mono said. Mono was half Hawaiian and half Korean. He is the head chef.

Together,we ran outside and broke the fight apart. As we were doing that,many people have gathered around us. Wow! Where were they when I needed them? Anyways,after a while we finally broke them apart. Mono got Mr. Baker and I got the other guy. We walked past the crowd,which were mostly just some ajhummas. When we entered the shop,we quickly set them down in a booth. We were sitting across from eacother. Mono with Mr. Baker and me with the guy. Talk about awkward. 

"What happened?" Mono asked. 

Mr. Baker and the guy kept staring at eachother. Just then the guy got up and headed the door. (he was sitting at the edge.) 

"Wait!" I called after him. 

He stopped but his back was still facing me. I walked towards him and he turned around. He was young. He looked around my age. His hair was dyed blonde at the tips and brown on the bottom layer. He had a very sharp jaw line and he was pretty tan. In a y way though. Aside from all the bruises and scratches he had on his face,he was somewhat handsome. 

"Yes?" he said. Which made me come back to my senses. I didn't realize I was staring. 

"Uhhh..aren't you going to apologize?" I asked him.

"Apologize?! Are you kidding me?!" he yelled in my face.

"No I just-"

"You just what?! Huh?! Look. He started it ok? I was just defending myself. So tell me. Why should I apologize?" he said.

I looked down at the floor because first of all,I hate being yelled at. Hate it. Second,it would be really awkward if I just looked him in the eye. Espicially since he's mad. 

"Hey kid. Calm down. She was just trying to make peace ok? Just don't yell at her like that." Mono said.

"It's ok Mono." I said as I looked up at him. Honestly,I was really thankful that he spoke up. 

"Get out." Mr. Baker said. I turned around to see his head hung low. 

"What?" The guy said. Man what is his name? Plus,he looks kinda familiar. 

"I said,GET OUT!" Mr. Baker yelled. He looked up and I saw that he had tears in his eyes. 

"Huh. My pleasure." The guy said as he smirked.

When he left,I looked back at Mr. Baker.

"Who was that?" I asked him.

"No one." he said his voice sounding muffled by his crying.

I looked at Mono. He just shrugged and continued comforting Mr. Baker.

I looked at Mr. Baker again then back at the door,where I saw the guy walking back to the alley with his hands in his pockets. I then,decided to follow him.

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mono:

 

 

Mr. Baker