Kyumin!

Take care of my eyes

Kyuhyun met Sungmin at their school’s library. He’s blind and no one wanted to befriend him until he met the angel. He was thankful to Sungmin because he became the only friend he had in high school. He doesn’t know the other’s physical looks but he ultimately liked the way he’s so kind to everyone. They became so close that Kyuhyun loved the other. He confessed to him and jumped in joy when the other accepted. They both finished high school and went for college. Kyuhyun stopped school and insisted that he stay at a hospital to find an eye donor for his sight to come back.

“I don’t want to be blind forever min.” Kyuhyun said. “I want you to be happy when we grow up and not take care of me forever. I want to see your face.” He said crying silently.

“Kyu, you know I don’t really care taking care of you forever but if you really insist then I have no right to stop you. I love you and always remember that.” Sungmin said. He knows that since they became best of friends and went to sleepover at Kyuhyun’s, Kyuhyun always cried when he thought Sungmin was asleep. It always happened up until now. He doesn’t want Kyuhyun to be hurt anymore.

“Thanks min, for everything.” Then Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s hand.

“I’ll promise to visit as often as I can.” Sungmin said, crying now. He really loves the man in front of him. Heck he’s even thinking of giving his own eyes to this man and he is serious.

 

Weeks passed and every time Sungmin went to visit Kyuhyun, he gets worse and more hopeless. He always silently opens the room to find his Kyu crying silently and he feels him hurting. ‘That’s it! I can’t let him suffer forever’ Sungmin thought to himself. ‘If I have to give my owns then I have no choice. I have decided’ Sungmin said to himself. ‘Do this for Kyuhyun. Fighting!’ Sungmin.

Sungmin didn’t let Kyuhyun know that he was there that day. He quietly want out of the room and went directly to Kyuhyun’s doctor, Dr. Jongwoon.

“Hyung?” Sungimin said.

“Minnie, what brings you here” Yesung asked. “Anything wrong with kyu?” He asked again concerned.

“Well not really. Hyung, I want to donate my eyes for his surgery.” Sungmin said surprising Yesung.

“A-a.. Sungmin, are you sure about this? We can wait a couple more weeks.”

“But hyung, he suffers silently without letting anyone know. I just can’t afford to see him like that anymore. We need to cure him before he hates the world. We just have to…” Sungmin said and started crying. “I love him so much hyung. I want to protect him even if it means losing something I own.”

“W-well i-if you are really sure about this then I just need your parents or guardians to sign these papers please.” Yesung said handing him an envelope full of papers. Sungmin pouted.

“B-but hyung, Kyuhyun is the only family I’ve had. My parents died from an accident when I was 5. My relatives abandoned me. Who would sign this contract if the only person who cares for me is the one suffering right now.”

“Alright min, it’s your decision anyway. You really are a good person. I wish I could’ve helped you.”

“It’s okay hyung.” Sungmin said.

 

After a week, Yesung went to Kyuhyun’s room at the hospital.

“Kyuhyun?”

“Yes hyung?” Kyuhyun looked over where he heard the voice of his doctor.

“Good news..” Yesung said but Kyuhyun also heard him choke a little. “there’s someone who donated their eyes for you. If you want we could do the surgery now.”

“Really hyung?!” Kyuhyun said excitedly. “I’m ready if you could do it today. I’ve been waiting for this for months now.”

“I’ll see you at the operation room later then.”

“Thanks hyung!” Kyuhyun said.

Yesung went out of the room and couldn’t help but tear up. They took out Sungmin’s eyes yesterday and he’s at the room just beside’s Kyuhyun’s room, waiting for it to heal. He then visited the other room.

“Minnie?”

“Yes hyung.” Sungmin answered weakly.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine hyung. How’s Kyuhyun? Was he happy?” Sungmin asked. His eyes were covered so he just faced front and stayed like that. Yesung smiled. Sungmin is really an angel, always thinking of others first before himself.

“He’s very excited min. We’ll do the surgery later.” Sungmin smiled.

“Really hyung?! Thank you!” Yesung smiled. ‘Kyuhyun is one lucky man to have this guy love him so much as to give up his sense of sight just for him.

 

The surgery was successful and a week and a half passed until it was time to take off the bandage and see again. Sungmin healed a week after his surgery and was at Kyuhyun’s room to support the other.

They took the bandage off and Kyuhyun’s sight was blurry for a minute then It focused to one person at the room beside the doctor. He was blind.

“Kyuhyun?” It was Sungmin.

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked the blind man. ‘I’ve never thought he’s been blind too. WTH’ he thought.

“Hi kyu.” Sungmin said with a warm smile.

“Y-you’re blind?!” Kyuhyun said surprised.

Sungmin caught the different tone of his voice and asked, “Do you still love me now that you see.”

“S-sungmin… I-I’m sorry but, I can’t. I just can’t” Kyuhyun said, pitying the other.

“I understand” Sungmin said and stood up. “Well then, I’ll see you around Kyu. Well you’ll se me around cause I can’t see.” Sungmin smiled bitterly. He left the room and when he was outside he cried. It hurt him but he will try to understand Kyuhyun because he really loves him. Sungmin wants him to be happy.

“Min, are you alright?” He immediately stopped and wiped his tears when he hears Yesung’s voice.

“I’m fine hyung” He said and faced where he heard the voice and smiled… A fake one tho.

Sungmin went to get a paper and a pen at the front desk. He wrote something and gave it to Yesung.

“Hyung, please give this to Kyuhyun. Tell him to be happy.  Thanks again hyung.” He said and left.

 

Yesung went to Kyuhyun’s room after Sungmin left.

“Kyuhyun, Sungmin said to give this to you.” He said and gave the paper. Kyuhyun took it and opened it after a minute he cried then said to Yesung, “I’m so stupid hyung. I’m so stupid.”

Yesung took the paper from Kyuhyun and read it.

To my dear Kyuhyun,

                Take care of my eyes for me Kyu. I thought you needed it more than I do. Thank you for being the only family for me. You see, since the first time I met you I thought you were the kindest person at school and I was right. Plus you're the sweetest person too. I’ll miss your snarky-ness ^^. Please take care and be happy. Your happiness is always what’s important. Kekeke… I love you ♥♥♥… Goodbye^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a oneshot for you guys.. Lub you all *morehugs*