Of Unfairness and Preference {FINAL}

While You Were Sleeping
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kris leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen, his weight trained on his right foot---and he bored his eyes on Huang Zi Tao while the other continued to pester on the leader.

 

‘MUST.NOT.FALL’—Kris continued to chant on his head and it took a lot of concentration and self effort to—‘MUST.NOT.GIVE.IN’

 

 The maknae looked at his ge, the rubbing of fist on side of right cheek wasn’t really necessary anymore, as aegyo oozed out on every pores--every existing holes in his body… and a few more sad puppy eyes and pouting, Kris thought life's just so unfair.

 

After minutes of expert whining, Tao was already hyper, jumping around the living room with Lu Han and Sehun, waving Kris’s credit card in the air like it’s the most normal thing to do, all innocent smiles and carefree laughing.

 

“Ge, we’ll be going now.” Yixing tapped him on the back and flashed him a smile, five shades brighter than usual and Kris raised a brow. Loud shuffles of feet were heard from the second floor before the rest of the boys marched down the staircase, then rushed out of the dorm to catch the last day of sale on COEX Mall.

 

Kris swore he could hear Tao’s voice echoing from the streets, obnoxious and loud as the maknae of M chanted ‘Gucci’ repeatedly like a mantra.

 

“That brat,” he muttered bitterly as he limped backwards to the sofa, propped his injured foot on the coffee table and shifted a little to find a more comfortable position.

 

At that very moment, the door to one of the rooms on the first floor was suddenly flung open (quite harshly actually) and Kris failed to maintain his face as one hand flew above his chest and an unexpected loud (and unmanly) shriek echoed—much for Kris’s benefit, throughout the almost empty dorm.

 

“Oh. Hi.” Jongin’s short greeting was enough for Kris to compose himself in a matter of millisecond and return to his perfectly mastered face.

 

Jongin chuckled… amusement clearly visible on his face while he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and then slumped down casually on the sofa beside Kris. The older scowled and crossed his arms looking away, trying to hide the fact that he was absolutely embarrassed because of his not-so-manly reaction just a while ago, and more so, to probably prevent himself from meeting Jongin’s mocking and judging eyes—or not.

 

“Come on, hyung. Don’t be so embarrassed about it.” Kris scoffed but looked at the younger anyways, one of the corners of Jongin’s lips quirked up to what seemed like for Kris, a reassuring smile and he found himself returning it in a form of a small, er, awkward smile, and he quickly pursed his lips tightly, wiggling his right foot on the coffee table before casting a curious glance at Jongin,

 

“I’m not feeling well so I didn’t go with them.” Jongin said with a shrug, as if he knew Kris was about to ask.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Besides, I’m not really into shopping.”

 

Silenced engulfed the air, really thick but it wasn’t awkward, instead it was comforting and calming, and Kris was really thankful.

 

 

Jongin closed his eyes and leaned his head backwards.

 

“Just let me get more sleep.” Jongin said in his deep hoarse voice, and Kris decided to do the same.

 

Just when Kris was about fall into a slumber, a light weight fell on his shoulder that caused him to open his eyes in alarm and snap his head to the side.

 

Then there it goes, a peaceful looking--sleeping Kim Jongin, minus the y smirk, y opened eyes and the equally ually frustrating moves that can make thousands of fangirls weak on their knees, the cause of envy and insecurities of the male population—now, it’s just Jongin with closed eyes, slightly parted lips, features almost glowing—for Kris at least.

 

The giant guy blinked, unsure if he’ll move away, he shook his head. No—Jongin looked so peaceful, he doesn’t want to disturb the younger boy on his sleep, so he decided, maybe it’s the perfect time to disclose the mystery on how Kim Jongin can make every fangirls scream (or wet on their ) decode the attraction, try to figure out why everyone falls for K.A.I—so Kris Wu took a deep breath and turned his head to the sleeping Jongin beside him.

 

Life is unfair, Kris thought.

 

His eyes took in every detail of Jongin’s face, the way those thick eyelashes cascaded down perfectly, sharply chiseled jaw line, chin, well-defined cheekbones, nose—everything about Jongin was so per—er, no—Kris suddenly shook his head from the thought. He’s a straight dude, and dudes don’t praise another dude’s appearance like this, and so he leaned back.

 

Kim Jongin's really popular—the new golden boy of SME. And maybe if they were reincarnated as hookers on the other side of the universe, Kris is 100% certain that this boy will earn triple than him, he admitted so himself.

 

Kris stiffened when Jongin stirred in his sleep and wrapped an arm around his slim waist. He let out an inaudible gasp when he felt Jongin’s hot breath ghosting on his neck and the other boy’s head snuggling deeply on the crook of his neck.

 

He looked down on the long arm wrapped around him and a small smile tugged on his lips unconsciously. He lifted his left arm above Jongin’s and compared their complexions, Jongin’s tanned one and his impossibly pale one, perfect contrast to each other. The warmth from Jongin’s body was radiating, so warm. Kris placed his palm on Jongin’s forearm and he realized how good it felt holding someone like Jongin, warm and soft with his big cold hands.

 

He averted his gaze to Jongin’s face again.

 

There are two versions of the boy beside him.

 

This was different from the overly charismat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter