Athena & Apollo

The Mysterious Voice

“Ringo! Stop it! The sofa is not a toliet!” Sehun screamed angrily, grabbing the black Labrador by its electric blue collar and yanking the dog off of the leather couch. He spun around quickly, hearing an awful tearing noise. He gasped, his eyes widening in horror when he saw the mangled remains of the couch cushion.

Sehun rushed over to the small terrier and pulled it away from the mutilated cushion. “Coco! The pillow is not a toy!!” He rescued the poor cushion and its fluffy innards, placing it high up on an empty book shelf to keep the dogs from getting to it. He nearly tripped on the hyper beagle running in circles around his legs, begging him to come play.

“Ari…” Sehun sighed. “I guess I have to play with you, huh?” He scratched the energetic puppy’s ears for a minute before picking up a random tennis ball. The ball was in sad repair, with a hole the size of a small craft bead poked into the side of it, not to mention the fact that the ball was so squished now that it could hardly even be classified as a “ball.”

Sehun sat down before he tossed the ragged yellow (almost) sphere, telling Ari to “fetch.” The excited beagle scampered after the ball like it was the holy grail itself, rushing to bring it back to its temporary master. Ari dropped the now-soggy ball into Sehun’s lap.

“Good boy!” He praised the puppy, giving him a congratulatory ear scratch.

“Wanna play again?” Sehun asked, already knowing by the violent wagging of the dog’s tail that he was begging to play fetch again. He reeled back his arm, then launched it forward speedily, sneakily keeping the ball in his hand. Sehun was in the middle of giggling at the poor puppy’s bewildered behavior, the beagle spinning ‘round in circles attempting to locate the ball, when the loud RRRRRIIIINGGGGGGG of the telephone interrupted his laughter.

He stood quickly, tossing the ball down the hall (for real this time). He grabbed the phone from its charging station on the kitchen wall, “Yeboseyo?

A silky smooth male voice emitted from the other end of the line, “Is this Puppies R Us? The dog-sitting place?”

A bit caught off-guard by the sultry tone of the caller, it took Sehun a moment to respond. “Um, yeah. That’s me. Do you have a dog you’d like to be watched?”

The voice spoke again, sending involuntary shivers down Sehun’s spine. “Yes. Two dogs, actually. Will that be alright?”

“Of course. What time will you be dropping them off?” Sehun asked the mysterious voice.

“In about half an hour.”

“Sounds good to me. Just so you know, the dogs must be picked up no later than six p.m. or you will be charged for an overnight stay.”

“Arasso.” And with that, the line clicked off and the lovely voice disappeared.

It was one in the afternoon when the caller requested the dog-sitting service, and like clockwork, at one-thirty on the dot, the chimes of the doorbell rang through the house. Sehun rushed to the door, checking through the peephole just quickly enough to be sure it wasn’t a serial killer or Frankenstein or something, before he yanked open the door.

Sehun’s mouth nearly dropped at the sight before him. An unearthly beauty stood on his doorstep, an angel come from heaven above to bestow its blessings on him. Wait…no…not an angel…just a drop-dead gorgeous young male, who was waaayyy out of Sehun’s league.

“Hello. I am here to drop off my dogs.” That voice…it sounded even ier in person (was that even possible???). Sehun came to his senses at the noise and invited the boy and his two dogs, both toy poodles, inside the house. “Right, sure, come on in.”

He stood aside to let the poodle owner through, shutting the door after him. The beautiful body to which the lovely voice belonged motioned taking off the dogs’ leashes. “May I…?”

“Oh, yes, of course. I usually just let the dogs roam about as they please, watching them to be sure they don’t ruin anything too expensive.”

The sound of tinkling bells rang out, echoing off of the walls. No…not bells, just the mysterious boy’s laughter. Sehun listened in rapture, as if the joyous noise could bring enlightenment of a ridiculously high degree. He thinks I’m funny~ Sehun thought, doing a little victory dance in his head. Then he shook his head, clearing his senses enough to be slightly more professional.

“So, are there any special instructions for the dogs? Food allergies or anything like that?”

“Not that I know of. They do like lots of meat in their food though. Real carnivores, these dogs.” He laughed again, melting Sehun’s heart a little bit each time. Sehun chuckled along with him, enjoying the company of this strange and beautiful creature. They talked for about ten more minutes, mostly about dogs. Sehun learned that the poodles were named Apollo and Athena, after the Greek gods.

“Oh, is that the time?” The poodle boy said in surprise. “I’d best be going now! Bye! Nice to meet you! My name’s Kai, by the way.” That said, Kai smiled an absolutely perfect smile that would cause anyone in their right minds to fall in love instantly and swiftly exited the premises. Sehun stared after him in a daze, already wishing for the time to fly so he would be able to see Kai again.

Sehun spent the rest of the afternoon playing with all of the dogs, feeding them, and keeping them (mostly) out of trouble (there was a minor casualty of one shattered bowl). Time seemed to creep by as he waited for the return of Kai. One by one, the other dogs started disappearing as their respective owners came to collect them. Soon, it was just Sehun and Kai’s two poodles, Athena (who he’d discovered was partial to belly rubs) and Apollo (who enjoyed a good behind-the-ear scratch). 

At precisely  5:45, the doorbell rang, the chimes causing a massive adrenaline rush for Sehun. He practically sprinted to the door, throwing it open without even bothering to check for serial killers or mythical creatures. There, on his doorstep, the angelic creature known as Kai stood before him once again. Sehun couldn’t help but smile happily at the return of the poodle owner. “Hi!” He said energetically, before motioned for Kai to come inside.

Kai replied with a quick hello, then he strode quickly over to his poodles. “Hey, babies, didya miss me?” He laughed when they his nose playfully. He gave them loving pats on the head before turning towards Sehun.

“Thanks for taking care of them for me!” He ran over to the younger male and hugged him tightly for a minute before coming to the realization that it was probably a bit awkward for the dog-sitter being hugged by someone who was practically still a stranger to him. Little did he know that on the inside, Sehun was going into cardiac arrest from such close contact with him. Kai released Sehun reluctantly, taking a couple of steps back so as not to frighten the fragile-looking boy, mumbling as he did so, “Sorry…I didn’t mean to invade your personal space.”

“I-it’s okay…I don’t mind.” Sehun replied quietly, his face tinted a dark pink. For some reason, this made Kai feel all warm and fuzzy.

“Well, I guess I’d better be going now…” He reattached his dogs’ leashes and walked towards the door. Sehun was sad to see him go, but hoped he’d come back for his dog-sitting services soon. Kai walked slowly down front walk, Sehun watching him leave. He was nearly to the his car when he spun abruptly to face Sehun. “Hey, Sehun!” He shouted.

“What?”

“Do you wanna go out sometime?” Kai queried. Sehun remained in shock for about a minute, then pinched himself to confirm that it was not a dream and that this gorgeous boy actually liked him. He yelled back excitedly, “Sure!”

“Great! I’ll call soon~” Kai said happily, putting his dogs in the car and getting into the driver’s seat. Sehun watched the retreated figure of the car as it pulled out of the driveway and disappeared down the street. He closed the door and locked the deadbolt. He then danced crazily like someone who has just won the lottery and collapsed into a puddle of ecstasy on the floor.

 

 

A/N: Well that was just a bunch of random pointless fluff. Hope you liked it, feel free to comment with your opinion~ ^^