Chapter Seven: Plan Against Plan

It Will Never Be You

~~ Hello! Thank you for all your comments! I was inspired to do this update because of you guys! Heehee!~~

I will try my best to update regularly.

Aja! Minsul Couple!

                                                                                                                                                      Your Author-nim,

                                                                                                                                                  Pepperflakes

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

PLAN AGAINST PLAN

 

After a few months of more bad attitude from Minho:

 

Today was a special day! Sulli was so excited. She can barely contain her giddiness as she woke up that morning. She had forgotten all the bad things that he did to her. Her love for him prevailed over her anger and pain because of his deeds. She had decided to forgive him for all of those, especially what he did months ago where she ended up with a rather badly sprained right ankle.

 

Stick to your plan Sulli! Don’t let his actions discourage you. Just show him how good you can be and he will be falling for you in no time! Aja! Fighting! She told herself

 

Sulli got up from her bed. Too bad they have classes today. She will just have to make time for him today so they could spend this special day together.

 

*Ting! Light bulb!*

 

I got it! There’s a theme park which just opened! Oooh! This is going to be a good plan! Sulli thought with a cheerful smile.

 

Kekekekekeke! Sulli yah! This is your best idea ever! ^^, and she pats her head cutely.

 

She remembers that Minho loves to go to theme parks and fairs. She did not particularly like to go to these kinds of places, but since Minho loves to go there, and she just loves to be where her Prince Minho is, then they just might as well go there. More importantly, he was very stressed for the past two weeks since it was their exams. Going to the theme park would exactly be a good stress reliever for him.

 

Sulli got dressed quickly. It’s only 6:00AM, she would still have plenty of time to whip something up in the kitchen. She proceeded to their small but fully equipped kitchen. She took out her ingredients from the fridge and started with her task. She was going to cook pancakes, egg and bacon for him. She also made his favourite strawberry milk shake.

 

She heard water flowing from the shower and she thought it was rather odd that Minho was taking a bath in the first floor bathroom, “her bathroom”, since he always takes a bath in the second floor bathroom, “his bathroom”, the larger one with the tub.

 

Sulli was almost done preparing their breakfast and was setting the table. Minho emerged from “her” bathroom and she smelled her shampoo and shower gel on him. She became giddy. She somehow felt an intimacy between them, and she mentally did a little victory dance.

 

“Good morning! I made some breakfast, and your favourite strawberry milk shake.” she greeted him.

 

He just gave her a curt nod, as if nothing happened, as if he did not take a bath in “her” bathroom, as if he did not share some of her bathroom toiletries. Most of all, as if he did not notice the special breakfast that she cooked for him. Most of the time they were busy, and it was rare that she was able to cook for Minho. They usually ate breakfast outside, separately; him with Krystal, and her with Ji Eun. But today was different. Today was a special day; and she was very determined to set one of her plans in action.

 

“Minho, do you know what day is today?” She asked him; her heart full of hope.

“Ani. Weo?” He replied

 

He saw a flicker of disappointment in her eyes. Why is she so giddy and cheerful today?

 

There was a moment of awkward silence; and because she was very determined, Sulli spoke first.

 

“Umm.. There’s this new theme park that opened. The ads say that they are introducing new rides. Do you want to go there tonight? And may be grab some dinner?” She asked with a smile on her face.

 

“Why? It’s not my birthday today.” Minho looked confused.

“Ani. You really don’t know what today all is about?” Sulli replied

“Ani.” Minho shook his head.

“Oh. Umm.. Well. Can we just go to the theme park tonight? I’ll tell you what today is all about when we get there.” She asked again.

“Araseo. Just be sure to tell my appa that we went there so that he will have an idea that I’m taking care of you. I’ll eat my breakfast now.” He replied curtly.

“Okay!” Sulli said giving him a two thumbs up. She won’t let anything ruin their day, so she just brushed off the nagging feeling that he was not even aware of what today is all about.

 

Sulli always knew the most important moments of Minho’s life. They are her most treasured memories.

 

His birthday.

The day he had started training for soccer.

They day their team became the champion because he was the one who kicked the winning goal.

The day he graduated from high school.

The day his college entrance test results were released.

Their wedding.

 

Sulli was always there because her family was always invited by Minho’s family during celebrations. Her family did the same to Minho’s family and invited them everytime there is something to be celebrated on their side. Sadly, she thought, while she remembered and treasured every important memory, to Minho, the times when she was there was simply nothing but a burden to him.

 

Sulli sighed.

 

Ani! Sulli yah! You have to smile! Don’t let bad feelings ruin this day! Fighting! She said to herself.

 

Sulli went to class, and Minho did the same.

 

After a few hours...

 

It’s already 6:30 PM. Minho was late. Sulli was waiting for him by the theme park entrance for half an hour. She straightened and fixed her attire. She was wearing her best Calvin Klein Jeans, a simple white button down blouse and red flats. She didn’t want to wear heels because they would be going around the theme park and riding on the different rides. It would literally kill her if she would wear heels tonight. She wore her hair in its usual style; simple, loose and straight. Well, she really tried to curl them, but they just wouldn’t curl.

 

It’s 7:30PM. Minho was really late. Sulli was really hungry.

 

Grrrrrrrrrrr! Her stomach was rumbling.

 

Minho, where are you?? Sulli thought worriedly.

 

Then suddenly, she saw Minho walking towards her. He was with..

 

WHAT?! Sulli thought. She was in panic. Why? Why? Why would he bring Krystal with him here? It was just supposed to be our night.

 

All the happiness and giddiness that Sulli felt the entire day crumbled. She felt like she was going to cry but she held on to her plan, and plastered a smile on her face.

 

[Minho’s POV]

 

As I was walking towards the theme park entrance:

 

[Flashback]

 

I still could not figure out why Sulli asked me to go with her. May be this is one of her plans to make me fall for her. Minho thought.

 

I have to make a way to stop this. Since I can’t cancel it, because she might report me to my appa, I might as well take Krystal with me. Yup! Exactly. Oh! And I’ll make myself late on purpose. Yup! That’s the plan. Sulli you better watch out! He said to himself, and he smirked.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

But then all his plans seemed to be a bad idea when he saw her at the theme park. He was walking hand in hand with Krystal when he saw a pretty girl standing by the entrance. It took him quite a while to recognize her, and it was Sulli.

 

There was nothing particularly special with what she was wearing. Plain white blouse, jeans and flats; with loose hair, but there was something in her that radiated. Minho was struck with his realization.

 

She turned to him, she smiled and waved. However, her smile suddenly vanished when she saw Krystal by his side. Sulli suddenly felt like she was an ugly duckling. She should have worn a more special dress, but practicality took over her and decided comfort is more important. They would go to a theme park anyways. Who would wear a dress and heels in a theme park?

 

She mentally kicked herself.

 

Apparently, Krystal did.

 

Well she was not completely at fault. Sulli had no idea that she would tag along. It was supposed to be her day and Minho’s.

 

She sighed.

 

Minho saw the exact moment when happiness left her face. He immediately felt guilty, but he held on to his plan. Tighter.

 

“Anneyeong.” She greeted them both.

“Anneyeong.” They both replied.

 

*Awkward silence*

 

“So you want to have dinner?” She asked looking at Minho.

“Yeah. Sure! There’s a place here where they serve the best oysters!” It was Krystal who replied.

“Oysters?!!” Sulli was shocked.

“Do you want to eat there honey?” Minho charmingly asked Krystal.

“Ne.” She said batting her eyelashes at him.

“O.. Oysters? I.. I can’t..” Sulli repeated.

“What? If my Krystal wants to eat there, then there we shall eat.” Minho snapped at her.

 

Minho led Krystal towards the restaurant. Krystal looked back at Sulli and smirked.

 

Sulli was now in panic. Of course Minho did not know that she is allergic to oysters! Starting from there, her night crumbled into pieces.

She was forced to eat oysters at the restaurant because she was very hungry and she did not want to give Minho the idea that she was being stubborn.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

 

Omo! I’ll surely have red rashes later, but I’m hungry and Minho might get mad. The last thing I want is for him to be mad at me like he always does. Not tonight. I will behave perfectly and he will take notice of me. Sulli fighting!

 

They rode almost all the new rides introduced by the theme park. Sulli was very scared. She was not really into these kinds of rides. She initiated this plan intending for Minho to assist and take care of her whenever they would go on a ride. She was wrong. All that Minho did was to guide Krystal. Hold her hand every time she needs assistance and he held her every time she’s scared. Sulli was always at the back seat behind them, sitting beside a random stranger.

 

*Sulli sighed.*

 

She was jealous and hurt and scared all at once.

 

By the time the two lovebirds enjoyed the rides to their hearts content, Sulli was shaking with fear. She doesn’t want to ride anymore, afraid that this time she might throw up. The fact that her arms are beginning to itch does not make things better. She was pretty pissed off.

 

Then, Krystal did what she dreaded her to do all night. She pointed at the ride that scares the hell out of her. It was a long and tall roller coaster with five loops!

 

Minho smiled and nodded at Krystal and walked towards the roller coaster.

 

Sulli grabbed onto Minho’s sleeves.

 

“Minho. I.. I..”

 

Minho gave her his icy glare.

 

“I.. I.. I don’t think I can ride that. Please sit beside me.”

“Mwo? Are you crazy?” He snapped.

 

He looked at Krystal with all the gentleness that a man in love can give.

 

“Will you go and buy some tickets for us? He asked her.

“Sure honey.” She replied.

 

Minho turned back at Sulli who was very quiet after she witnessed the sweetness between Minho and Krystal.

 

Minho dragged Sulli to a corner and it hurt her a bit. Her arms were beginning to itch.

 

Then he said.

 

“Yah! You’ve been like this all evening! Stop being stubborn!”

“I am not being stubborn! I’m really scared of that ride!” Sulli snapped back. Now she was truly mad.

“I don’t care! Do you think I don’t know what you’re doing? This is one of your stupid ploys, you scheming brat!” He shouted at her.

 

Sulli could not say anything. She was completely shocked with what he said. She had never seen him this mad. She looked at him in the eyes, and to her dismay, he said the words that completely destroyed her night.

 

“When will you understand? It will never be you.” Minho said as he looked into her eyes.

 

Sulli just stared at him. Tears beginning to once again pool in her eyes. She wiped them off with the back of her hand.

 

“Minho ya! I have the tickets!” Krystal called out.

 

Minho turned away from her and walked towards Krystal with a smile on his face, took her hand and led her to the ride.

 

Sulli was left alone staring at nothingness. Finally, she woke up from her fairy tale.

 

She went home.