Final: Paranoid.

Paranoid. {For A Writing Contest}

The room pitched dark. Fainted lights coming from the screened box bulb. People gathering and searching for good seats. Chaterring and munching on delicious snacks. The huge flat screen teasing them with their flabbergasting long gifs. Two red lights seen on both side-bottom of the room — indicating a sign. Doors closing and opening non-stop from visitors. The comfy seats which includes a cup-holder and a back relaxator. But once the non-included videos had finished, everyone sat in silence.

 


 

--- Dawn. Footsteps were heard. Soft, gentle touch as it trudged along the pavement. A woman coming home from the grocery store with bags tightly wrapped along her long fingers was she –. It was not more but a casual late night. No stars up in the sky because of the heavy clouds. The moon looking down at her with a dull expression on. Just an ordinary city life you would call it. Not much to it really.

And as the woman got closer to her house, a black winged-bird flew across her face. Almost losing her balance; she cursed. Dusting her long branded coat and adjusting her scarf, she then made her way inside. But as she stepped in, her saliva got caught into her dry throat, her eyes getting big as if it wasn't very big already. In what she was seeing was something very horrifying. The most horrifying she could ever seen. By the time she got a hold of herself together, she dropped her grocery bags with blood coming out from the dead chicken and immediately she screamed on the top of her lungs. “Ahhhhh!!!”

Her scream echoed through the small city, yes loud enough to wake up her neighbours. She ran out of her house and into the deserted never ending road. “Somebody help me!!!” she yelled once, twice, thrice and more. Her fists banging on to door to door but no one seemed to be coming to her rescue. All of the houses were dead quiet and hovered by the darkness. For a second there, she had an epiphany that | she was all alone |.

Wet, wasted tears started flowing down her red rosy cheeks. The wind kept blowing when something caught her eye. It was that thing again. Her eyes showed fear which she couldn't doubtly hide. She was so scared of the man. It was an unknown man not showing his face because of his thick sweater hoodie. The man that she saw inside her house. The man who held her husband dead on the ground. The man who's carrying a sharp knife and swinging it back and forth. The man who was ready for another kill. The man who was tough enough to scare the living life out of her. There stood a man who studied her, grinned hastly then headed towards her. The man was now after her.

She ran. Turned left, turned right, then another right and another and another. Helplessly looking for an escape, she was dead tired but that didn't stop her legs from moving. However, it did slow her down. It decreased her stamina and energy that the man was right behind her. It was like a cat chasing a mouse where the mouse would always get caught by the cat. |||

She was pressed on the wall scared like hell. The man drew his knife towards her neck. An intense atmosphere lingering above them. The man chuckled in madness. The woman was beautiful. He complimented. But would it stop him to go for another kill then hunt once again? No.

Her scream stopped. The heartbeat did too. Blood pouring out from her neck as she layed there on the cold ground... dead. The man smirked and congratulated himself for getting such a great kill. Now it was time to get another one to satisfy his will.

The time was 11:50 p.m. The woman got home and saw the terrible scene at 11:35 p.m. Which means, there on a corner layed a dead, cold woman covered with her blood and was killed in just fifteen minutes... ---

 


 

The people roared in shock. 'That was an epic fail ending,' they all thought as they left the room. You were one of them. With your boyfriend Myungsoo beside you seating inside — in an indeed a place to watch a movie — the theatre. But the ending did disappoint the two of you. A waste of time and money. The two of you went home that night in exhaustion. Myungsoo was staying for the night. You looked for food to cook for dinner but sadly there weren't any. It was 11:25 p.m already.

You walked to a nearby market place and bought chicken and vegetables. It took about five minutes because surprisingly, no one except for the cashier and three-to-four staff were there. What do you expect? It was late. They're closing in five minutes. After paying for the items, you went home as you looked up at the sky. No stars again for the night with the bright moon shining down. You walked abit more until you reached your house when suddenly, a black winged-bird flew across your face. Almost losing your balance; you cursed. Making your way inside, a light bulb went on on your head. This was just like the movie...

You tightened your grip on the bags then looked around. No lights from the houses and the deserted road. It was exactly the same. Plus the bird. You gulped in fear afraid to go in. “Myungsoo...” you whispered quietly.

There was no response because one, he probably didn't hear it from how soft your voice called him or two, he's... dead. “MYUNGSOO!” you yelled in nervousness. *What if he's dead? What if the man is inside? Will I die too like the woman in the movie?* Negative thoughts came bombarding you when a familiar voice appeared.

“Yeah? What happened!?!? Are you alright!?!?” a familiar boy came rushing out to check your condition. Quickly, you hugged your boyfriend dropping your grocery bags. He observed your pale face then asked you again what was wrong. There, you told him about your weird outcome predictions. He chuckled then said, “It was just a movie. Don't worry about it okay?” “And the bird already flew to the east.

You nodded then slowly let go but still with a frightened look. Myungsoo noticed it then kissed your forehead. “Come on. Don't be scared. We still have to eat before we sleep. I'm hungry...” You looked at him then weakly smiled. You grabbed the grocery bags with his help then headed inside to cook dinner.

Maybe you really were just thinking too much about the movie... that it wasn't all true. It was just a movie. Myungsoo's words kept repeating inside your head. And the bird already flew to the east. East. East. East. How did he know that it flew to the east? I didn't even notice it...

“H-How did youuu--- know that the bird flew to the east? You didn't even see it!!!” you roared at him.

“But I didn't say it flew to the east?” Myungsoo arched a brow. “Are you okay?”

*But he did say it. Didn't he? Or is he just denying it to lure me into a trap?* you kept poundering then shot him a glare. “You did! You liar!”

Myungsoo couldn't take the accusation from his girlfriend then blew up. “Stop being so paranoid!!!” And just like that --- the door swung open as the cool breeze came in. “She's not...” a man spoke up. “Ready for another kill.”

 

xoxo ♥ boy1a4 .out.