Yoseob's little (not really) dilemma

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter twenty:

[2 weeks later…]

Yoseob’s POV:

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It had been 2 weeks

2 weeks since I started to learn my solo dance for ‘It’s not me’

2 freaking weeks

That’s probably the amount about time I would take to learn, no wait, to even MASTER any one of the BEAST dances.

But guess what?

It had been 2 weeks

And I still wasn’t able to perfect a 20-second dance part.

I wasn’t even able to finish learning it, because I kept getting stuck at a particular part of the dance

And no, I’m not kidding, as much as I wish I was.

And honestly, it didn’t matter how much time I was given to learn this dance.

I could have been given months to learn this 20-second part, but I still wouldn’t be able to get past the first five seconds of the darn song.

 

For the first time, I actually wanted help from Ms. Park

I needed help from her, I really did

Badly

But seriously though, how do you expect me to approach her for help?

I couldn’t

Not after what I said to her two weeks ago at the hospital.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“But I was just trying to-“ she began, but I cut her off with an eye roll.

“You were just trying to what? HELP?” I scoffed, laughing bitterly. “Well guess what? I DON’T NEED IT, AND I NEVER WILL. I’ve never ever asked for your help, not once, but you still keep throwing yourself at me. It’s like you have absolutely no shame! Do you have NOTHING BETTER TO DO? I cannot stand people like you. People who always get involved in other people’s affairs even if it doesn’t concern them at all! PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

How could I ask her for her help when, a few weeks ago, I clearly stated that I didn’t, and would never, need her help?

I still had my pride to uphold, you know.

In fact, I could already picture the humiliating scene in my mind.

 

“Hey Ms. Park…” I would approach her casually, a bright smile on my face. She would stop in her tracks and look at me weirdly, since I had NEVER once acknowledged her presence, let alone greet her cheerily.

“Umm…” I would blabber like an idiot. I had a habit of doing that when I was nervous, just so you know. “I was wondering…could you…I mean, I’m having difficulty learning my solo dance for…you know…the song…and…I was wondering….could you…”

“Are you trying to ask me for help? ME?” She would eye me skeptically, her arms crossed and her lips pursed.

I would nod slowly, and she would burst out into laughter

And it wasn’t the good kind

“Ha!” She would smirk. “Did I hear you wrongly? Did the MIGHTY Yang Yoseob just ask an ANNOYING, PATHETIC, NOSY nuisance like me for help? HELP? Didn’t you say that, and I quote, you didn’t, and would NEVER, need my help? To think now you’re asking for it, it’s…”

 

Yeah. You get the picture.

That scenario? Never going to happen.

 

But facts were facts. And I couldn’t hide them. This was starting to become an emergency…

If I don’t perfect it by this week…

God knows what would happen to me.

How could I let everyone who had been supporting me down?

Mr. Hong gave me this amazing opportunity to finally show off my dancing skills

And if I messed up…

Mr. Hong would probably regret giving me the part. In fact, I myself was starting to regret even accepting this opportunity. I had absolutely no idea that the solo dance would be so out of my element. After all, my nickname wasn’t ‘dance copy machine’ for nothing. There wasn’t a dance I couldn’t imitate almost instantaneously. I didn’t expect there to be a dance that I couldn’t follow. At that point, all I could think about was the crowd cheering for me, for everyone to finally witness my hidden dancing skills. Which I thought weren’t too shabby. 

Well, I guess I was wrong. REALLY wrong.

 

And now, I was regretting it. Big time. But it was too late. The official news had been released. It was just not possible to change everything now. What do you expect CUBE to say? “Yoseob couldn’t learn a 20-second dance even though his nickname is supposedly the ‘dance copy machine’ so we’ll have to give it to someone else”? How irresponsible and retarded-sounding would that be?

I hated to admit it, but I wished that Ms. Park was still offering her help to me

Not because I enjoyed her bugging me, heck no, but because for once, I actually needed it.

But even if I approached her now…

 

 For the past two weeks, Ms. Park had not spoken a word to me. Yes, not a single word. I wasn’t exaggerating.

She stopped waving at me whenever she saw me.

In fact, whenever we happened to pass each other, she just walked past me like I didn’t exist

She ignored me

She gave me the cold shoulder

Even during lessons, she stopped correcting my dance moves

She stopped trying to offer help

She stopped paying attention to me

It was like I was invisible to her

Isn’t this a good thing, Yang Yoseob?

Weren’t you so sick of her constantly bugging you?

Isn’t it so peaceful now that she doesn’t annoy you anymore?

It’s what you wanted!

Right?

Aish! What kind of dance teacher ignores her students anyway? I swear, she has to be the most irresponsible dance teacher in the whole world!

But weren’t you the one who told her to ‘leave you alone’? She was merely-

 

Suddenly, the door swung open, interrupting my chain of thoughts.

It was Mr. Hong.

“Annyeonghasaeo, Mr. Hong.” I greeted him with a forced smile and a bow. “What brings you here?”

“I’m here to check on your solo choreography for ‘It’s not me’. I trust that you have been practicing, and that you remember that your comeback stage is in a week’s time. So, show me what you have practiced for these past two weeks!” He smiled, obviously expecting to be impressed.

I gulped

Uhoh…

---------------

Annyeong (: 

Heheh decided to update today since I wasn't so busy with schoolwork (: Hope you liked this chapter :D hmmm one-on-one dance sessions with Yoseob? Poor Inyeong/Eunmi/Ms. Park :O HAHA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN (:

Anyway, I guess I'll be updating soon(: Comments from you lovely subbies would be reallyreally appreciated (and could possibly motivate me to update earlier) kekeke :D 

Anyway thankyou for all the new upvotes (: They are greatly appreciated! :D I promise I'll continue to work hard to write better chapters for all you lovely subbies (: