Chapter 2

Reason why Sandara Park went to the Philippines

 

Jiyong and Dara continued walking towards the shore, they were far away from everyone. They kept talking about each other and what happened to that one month they were away from each other. Jiyong was so thankful to Dara's surprise gift for him. She gave him the best anniversary gift he could ever have. The sunset was so beautiful, it reflects on the sea then, Jiyong thought of something. He took Dara's right hand and on his left hand. He held an imaginary ring.

 

Ji. What are you doing?” Dara asked “imaginary ring?”

Hush. Sandara Park, you have given me the best gift I could ever receive”

What's that?”

Being here by my side”

I will always be here”

I, Kwon Jiyong, standing in front of you. Not promising anything but, hoping that you'll stay by my side always. I'll love you for the rest of my life”

 

Jiyong placed the imaginary ring on Dara's ring finger. Dara, confused, looked at the side of her hand and noticed what Jiyong did. If you looked to the side, you'll noticed that the sun itself was the pendant of the imaginary ring.

 

I, Park Sandara, saying that I won't ever leave my husband's side again. So, Kwon Jiyong. Stop being a paranoid” Dara did the same thing and kissed Jiyong.

 

After the kiss, Jiyong back hugged Dara and stared at the sunset together.

 

Soon, if Hyunsuk hyung allow us to publicize our relationship. I'll put a real ring on your ring finger. But for now, put our imaginary ring”

Ji, I'm not asking you to put a ring on my ring finger. Just be here with me and nothing else matters”

Don't leave me again”

I won't. I promise”

 

[flashback][a/n: all the years stated were a year earlier to the real year]

 

It was March 2004, when Dara and Jiyong first met. Goo Hye Sun and Se7en were behind their meeting. At that time, only Se7en and Hye Sun were active in the showbiz industry. Se7en, Hanbyul and Jiyong decided to go out for dinner. A little while, Hyesun called Se7en.

 

Oh. Hyesun-ah” Se7en answered

Yah. Eodisseo?”

I'm with Hanbyul and Jiyong. Wae?”

I'm with the maknae trainee. Same age Dongwook-ah”

Oh. Chincha?”

Neh. She's Sandara Park”

Oh! The Sandara Park!”

Yup! So, we're coming there”

Arasso. Same place”

 

Hyesun dragged Dara to the place where Se7en, Hanbyul and Jiyong were having a dinner.

 

Who's with Hyesun?” Hanbyul asked

The new trainee. Sandara Park”

Oh! Her! I heard, YG wanted her to be under his entertainment”

Yup. I think he's planning to train him to be an actress”

I've seen her acting”

Jeongmal?”

Yup. She's quite good. With few acting lessons, she'll do good” Hanbyul said

 

After 15 minutes, Hyesun and Dara came. Hyesun knocked and entered with Dara.

 

Yah~ chingus~” Hyesun said as she hugged everyone “oh. This is Sandara Park”

Anneyeonghaseyo. Sandara Park-imnida.”

Dongwook and this is my girlfriend Hanbyul” Se7en said

Anneyeong!” Hanbyul greeted her “except for this guy, we're all 84-liners” she said as she pointed to Jiyong

Sandara, you should sit! Sit beside Jiyong”

May I?” Dara asked Jiyong

Ah. Neh, noona”

 

Since all of them, except Jiyong, were born on 1984. they immediately clicked with one another. They learned that YG himself talked to Dara and offered her contract and workshop lessons.

 

Sanjangnim offered me a contract” Dara said

That's good!” Hanbyul said

But I said, I wanted to be a singer but he told me. I'm good as an actress. I was heartbroken. I wanted to be a singer, I've always wanted to be one.”

Then, can you sing?” Se7en asked

I have a self-titled album in the Philippines” Dara answered

Jeongmal? Can you give us a sample?”

 

Dara sang her famous “In or out” song.

 

Jiyong who was watching her at the corner of his eyes, saw that Dara can be a singer only if she works hard.

 

So, what can you say Ji?” Se7en asked

Neh? ah. Noona, you can be a singer only if you work hard and train your voice really well. But right now, go with the workshop that Hyunsuk hyung offered to you”

Gomawo Jiyong-ssi”

Jiyong would be okay”

 

After that, Dara and Jiyong became really close with each other. They would spent their break time together, go home together, since Big Bang's dorm and Dara's apartment were in the same village. Little by little, Jiyong started to develop feelings for Dara. He knew, Dara was in a relationship and he knew he was better than that guy. He can take good care of Dara, only if Dara allowed him. Six months had passed and Dara and his boyfriend were getting better. Their relationship improved. So, Dara decided to go back to the Philippines.

 

Ji, I'm going back to the Philippines” Dara said

Wae? Noona, wae?” Jiyong started to panic

Ji, we're okay now. He promised he won't do that again”

Noona, you're trusting him again? But why?”

Ji, I love him and I believe in him”

Noona, please don't do this to me”

Jiyong, maybe, maybe if we were meant for each other. We will be together someday”

 

Dara stood up and went back to her apartment. That was the last time Jiyong saw Dara. He was devastated, yes, very much. He indulged himself in writing music. One day, Jiyong decided to visit Dara's minihompy. He saw how happy she was beside that guy. He posted “noona, soy sauce crab paste” it was a secret language of Dara and Jiyong which meant I love you, and he put “in or out” as his BG music. A little while, Dara called him.

 

Noona!” Jiyong can't hide his happiness

Jiyong-ah... please, don't make this hard on us, especially to you”

What do you mean noona?”

I accepted your love but that doesn't mean I have to return them right? Jiyong, I love Joseph. And I don't want you to be the reason in our arguments”

Noona. Is this how our friendship ends?”

Ji. Don't be mistaken. I'm not ending our friendship, but that is the only relationship I can give you, friendship. So, please, don't end it”

Noona, I hate you. Just think that I don't exists, that I'm not in love with Sandara Park. Just stop being involved with me. I don't think I can do that”

Jiyong, please. Stop doing this”

Then, noona, stop hurting me”

Ji... I-I can't break up with Joseph. Mianhe... but I'm still your friend...”

 

Dara hung up and Jiyong can't help but weep at his lost.

 

I'll do better, I'll be better off without noona” Jiyong said

 

After few months, Jiyong started to realize that he can't live without Dara, one day. He contacted Dara.

 

Hello?” Dara asked

Noona... its me. Jiyong”

Ji! How are you?”

Noona... I'm sorry for what I've said and acted before...”

Its okay... but, my mind still doesn't change”

I know... and I'm okay with us, being friends. Just like the old times”

 

So, for a few months, Dara and Jiyong's friendship were getting better and better. Last week of July 2006. Dara broke up with Joseph with the same reason. Third party. Fortunately, YG Entertainment's offered to Dara still stands. August 1, 2006, her family went back to Korea, and on the 2nd, Dara signed a contract to YG Entertainment. After she signed, she looked for Jiyong and she knew where to find him. She went to the rooftop and saw him there with his earphones on. She slowly walked towards him and quickly removed the earphones on Jiyong's ear.

 

What the-- Noona!” Jiyong said and hugged Dara “why are you here? Are you on vacation?”

Ji! Stop the countless questions!” Dara said

Then, why are you here?”

In Korea? In YG?”

Both. Are you on vacation?”

I'm not on vacation. I'm back, for good”

Aish. You've said that before”

This time its true”

Waeyo?”

Dara showed him her contract with YG “I've signed the contract”

Jeongmal? You're finally staying here?” Jiyong said, gleefully

Yup”

But... what about him?”

Dara smile faded “we... we broke up”

Wae? It is because of the same reason?”

Dara nodded “Ji, I thought... I thought he changed... he changed for the worst”

Jiyong hugged her and let her cry on his shoulders “Noona, I'm here, I'll make you happy. Remember that”

 

Jiyong tried his best to make his favorite girl smile, laugh and continue that way she was. October 23,2006, Jiyong's wish finally came true. Dara agreed to be his girlfriend.

 

[end]

 

What were you thinking?” Dara asked

Nothing”

Ji, stop thinking about the past”

Why'd you say that?”

Ji, we've been together for 6 years. If I see or meet with Joseph, that doesn't mean I'm going to leave your side. We're friends now, together with my SCQ friends. Oh, my friend contacted me earlier, she told me that Joseph's coming to the concert tomorrow”

Jiyong kept silent

Ji...” Dara warned him

Arasso, I'll try to calm myself if I see him in tomorrow night”

Ji. Don't try. Do it. Please? For me” Dara pleaded

Arasso... just because that's what you want”

 

Then, they head back to the hotel, it was already late when they came back. Since they have a concert tomorrow evening, Dara and Jiyong slept together.

 

[I skipped the concert part] ^^;;

 

2 songs before their last encore, Dara was escorted to the backstage together with Jjangmae. Then, Dara heard that from the staffs that Jiyong was eyeing someone on the VIP 2 area. Dara knew who. Dara was mad because of that, Jiyong promised that he'll stay away from him.

 

He's only a friend. Why doesn't he understand that?” Dara muttered

 

Then, after the encore. She congratulated each member of BIGBANG, she was about to talk to Jiyong when Seungri spoke.

 

Noona, I saw your ex-boyfriend earlier. He's quite a catch, I guess?”

Riri-yah!” Dara said “he's just a friend, okay? We had a past, but that's in the past”

Oh really?” this time, it was Jiyong who spoke

Guys. Let's go out!” TOP said and everyone knew what he meant

 

When everyone went out to grab some food, Dara faced Jiyong and beside him.

 

Ji. When will you realize that what happened between me and Joseph was in the past. It won't happen again. We're just friends. Don't you trust me?”

Jiyong faced her “I trust you noona. Its him that I don't trust. You were with him twice... you also told me the last time, that you were only friends with him. Not until you realized that you still love him. What if--” Jiyong's word was cut because Dara kissed him

Now. Is that enough? Ji, you're the only guy that I'll love today, tomorrow and forever”

But forever doesn't exists” he said, showing aegyo

Yeah. But you're my forever. Let's not argue about him, okay?”

Jiyong nodded “promise. I did great earlier, right? VIPs love our concert right?”

You are always great in everything that you do. And yes, they love the concert. I'm telling you, they're forever thankful for choosing PH as one of the destinations of the Alive tour”

Let's go?”

To where?”

I don't know. Where do you want to go?”

I know a place”

Where?”

Wear something hideous. We're going to eat at fast food place”

But isn't that dangerous? What if the fans saw us?”

Ji. It's almost 11 o'clock! Its almost wee hours. So please?”

Arasso...”

 

Dara gave him a cap and a hoodie which he immediately wore. Dara drove to this fast food place that she recommended to Big Bang before. They both ordered a food plus some side orders. After they ate, they went to Subic, just the two of them. No members, managers, everyone. They sat at the sand and Dara's head was leaning on Jiyong's shoulder

 

Noona” Ji called her attention

Hmm?”

If someone proposed to you. Offered you a marriage, what theme do you want?”
“Wae?”

Just answer it”

I just want a small place where rose petals are around the place, then also some candles to put a light to the place and also, I want his male friends to give each roses with messages “he wants to marry you” then, of course, my man. With a bouquet of roses and no, I don't want him to kneel. I want him to say his pre-married vow and then, ask my hand for marriage”

Why don't you want him to kneel?”

Because he's too chic for that. You're too chic to do that” Dara looked at him “let's be together forever”

Yes, we will. I promise”

 

Then, they watched the sun shone at the shore and headed back to the hotel. By the time that noon came, it started to rain. Jiyong was staring out the window while Dara went out of the shower and now drying her hair. She backhugged Jiyong that surprised him.

 

What's wrong?” Dara asked

Jiyong shook his head “Nothing. I just thought that maybe our VIPs doesn't want us to go, to leave their country. The clouds are crying with them”

Dara sat beside him “Oppa, they waited for you. Of course they'll feel lonely with the thought that you'll be going to another country. But you promised to be back right? They'll wait for that”

So, you'll leave on the 26th?”

Yup. 3AM, I will be in Korea.”

Who'll fetch you and Jjangmae?”

I think the girls, or I don't know. I still have to buy something for everyone”

Do that later, okay?”

Okay. I hope your flight won't be delayed because of the storm”

Yeah”

Let's start arranging our stuffs?”

Okay”

 

Then, they arranged their things and had their last breakfast together. After that, they headed back to their room and continued talking and spending time with each other. Big Bang had to go the airport and Dara's with them the whole time, but the flight of Big Bang was delayed due to the heavy rains.

 

Dara, you have to arrange your things now” Jjangmae told her

Okay...” Dara said and went back to the lounge

What did Jjangmae said?” Jiyong asked

I have to go back now and arranged my things” Dara told him

Jiyong nodded “arasso. Take care, okay? See you soonest and call me as soon as you landed on Korea”

Neh. You too.” Dara smiled timidly

I'll miss you baby girl” Jiyong kissed her forehead

I'll miss you too oppa”

 

Then. Dara left with Jjangmae and Big Bang's flight was called. 3 days ended like that, but Jiyong and Dara were thankful for that short time. No one could ever explain how much they missed each other, their relationship may be a secret but it was the best secret that they both kept for a very long time.

 

================

 

Done ! Well, sorry if I didn't update early ! Got busy. Hihi.