❚ oo1 : love will remain - }

Wedding Kiss ❖ [ Playful Kiss Season 2 ]

Ha Ni & Seung Jo -

I lifted my head up groggily from the pillow and looked around the room. I sighed and turned over onto my back, snuggling into the blankets and smiling to myself. It was too warm and comfortable to leave the bed, so I sat there for a few minutes before noticing that Seung Jo wasn't beside me. I felt around for him with my hands, too tired to open my eyes before realizing that I was alone. I groaned irritably just as the bedroom door creaked open. I opened my eyes to see whom it was, hoping for it to be my husband. Instead, it was Eun Jo with a sour look on his face. I stared at him and waited for him to say something. Really, that angry puss on his face was sometimes enough to drive me mad. Still though, I loved the kid like my real little brother.

"Ha Ni Yah! Wake up you idiot, breakfast is ready," he said after gazing me for a few seconds and shut the door. I frowned and stuck my tongue out at the closed door before getting up and making my way into the bathroom to freshen up. I stretched my arms up above my head and yawned. Saturday was here at last, which meant no school for me!

Besides, I wasn't looking forward to studying for dumb old finals. Now that I was in the nursing program, everything was so difficult. Sheesh, and I thought the exam to get into the program was hard! Well, maybe Seung Jo Ah would help me study. I smiled to myself and closed the bathroom door.

After I had washed my face and changed into day clothes I headed downstairs to the kitchen. Mom greeted me with a big, "Ha Ni Yah! Good morning!"

I smiled, bowed a little, and sat down at the table. Seung Jo was reading the paper like always, Eun Jo was buttering his toast, and dad and father-in-law were busy chatting about going golfing together. Mom smiled at me.

"So," Mom started as she put down her chopsticks. I looked up at her while eating my breakfast. "I decided to plan a little day trip for us this Sunday!"

Seung Jo put down his paper and gave his mother a sideways glance with his brows slightly raised. "Isn't that a bit short notice for this weekend? Besides, Ha Ni needs to study or she's just going to fail her exams again," he said, looking back at his paper. I pouted and slurped my broth loudly, eying him.

"I wouldn't think studying would help, her brain is like a rock," Eun Jo muttered under his breath. Mom gave him a look and shook his shoulder a bit. Then she looked at me.

"Well, Ha Ni Ah got into the nursing program, didn't she? She can do anything she sets her mind to, right Ha Ni?" I nodded hesitantly and smiled, taking a bite of my toast. Mom tasked.

"And you saved someone's life with CPR, so you should have no trouble. I say we're going on a trip!"

“But, yeobo,” father-in-law said, “Ki Dong and I were going to go golfing with some people from work on Sunday and talk business.”

“Nope, all plans are cancelled! This will be our first trip as a legal family and we’re going to spend it at...” She smiled widely and curled her hands into happy fists. “The water park!”

“Blech...” Eun Jo complained. I looked over at Mom and smiled.

“Water Park?” I gasped. “The one near Bussan with the giant pirate slide!?”

I received weird looks from the two brothers and slumped back in my chair, giving them a sour look before looking at Mom again. She nodded with excitement and clasped her hands together. She sighed happily.

“Oh, this is going to be so fun! Seung Jo Ah,” she added, looking at her eldest son pointedly. “You’re going to have fun and go on all the rides, you got that? I don’t want to see any of you sitting around.”

“Thank you for the meal, I’ll be going first,” I said as I stood up and headed towards the door. “Bye! I’m just going to go see Joo Ri and Min Ah.”

“Don’t forget to pack later!” Mom called after me. The older lady smiled and looked around at everyone. She pouted. “Aww come on, get excited!!”


Ha Ni & Joo Ri & Min Ah -

“BWOH!?” Joo Ri and I grabbed Min Ah’s arms and yanked her every which way. “No way! L-Lee Jin Ki? THE leader of SHINee?”

Min Ah pulled her arms out of our grips and smiled, nodding crazily. She laughed. I squeezed her hand in excitement. “Well, what did he say?” I demanded.

The manhwa artist giggled and shrugged. “I mean, I just asked him who I should sign it to and he said, ‘Lee Jin Ki.’” She imitated his deep, y voice. Joo Ri and I were all over her for details, squealing and laughing. Just as Min Ah was about to reply, Joo Ri’s boss called out for her to get back to work.

“Yah, Joo Ri,” I asked as she got up to begin work again, “how’s Jin Sang doing lately?”

Joo Ri smiled at the mention of Jin Sang, giving a light, nervous laugh. She put a hand on her cheek. “Oh, he’s good ~ He’s going to be back for good in a few weeks! He says he’s going to grow out his hair again so he can have me cut it,” she added with a big smile.

Min Ah and I smiled and waved as she walked back into the salon, leaving the two of us outside on a wooden bench. Summer time was approaching, and all the flowers of springtime had brightened and bloomed even more the last few days. It was so beautiful. I let out a content sigh. I felt a pinch on my arm and looked over at Min Ah. She was giving me that expectant look, waiting for me to tell her something. I laughed.

“What?” I asked.

“Oh, you know!” she said. She raised her eyebrows and poked me in the shoulder. “How’s your dear little husband?”

I chuckled and pulled my legs in, crossing my arms and acting bashful. “Oh, he’s good. Mom’s taking us to a water park near Bussan tomorrow. Seung Jo Ah wants no part of it, but I’ll make him have fun no matter what.” We grinned at each other and laughed.

“I guess I should head home now,” I said as I stood up. “I have to study for finals today since I won’t be able to tomorrow.” I sighed and hoisted up my bag. Min Ah followed suit.

“Yeah, I need to study too. I have to do a project on top of studying, so I better hit the books.” She smiled at me and gave me a hug before we parted ways.


Ha Ni & Seung Jo -

“Seung Jo Ah... Pleee-aaase...” I begged.

“No.”

“Pleee-aase!”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I’m busy.”

“But you’re not even doing anything!” I complained. “I’m gonna fail and never become a nurse and I’ll just disappoint you.”

“Better get studying, then,” he replied, flipping the page of the book he was reading. I pouted, stood up, and walked to the other side of the bedroom to grab my books. I dropped them loudly onto the table and sat down, staring at Seung Jo as he read some English book on the bed. Before I opened my books I quickly stuck my tongue out at him.

“I saw that.”

My face soured. I stared at him for a few more seconds and my lips irritably. Psh, he was a genius and wouldn’t even help me study. I opened a human physiology book and took out my notebook to write down notes.

I’ll show him... I thought with determination. I prepared myself and then started studying, taking notes and reading phrases quietly under my breath.

When I glanced at the clock again I gasped with my mouth wide open. It was half past midnight! I slumped over in my chair, totally exhausted.

My gaze turned to Seung Jo, who was still reading that darned book. I made a raspberry with my lips and got up to go take a shower before bed. When I came back he was still reading, but he had changed into his couples’ pajamas. I frowned and climbed into bed beside him.

I leaned over his shoulder to see what he was reading, but he just pulled the book away and to his side. Oh, so this was how it was going to be?

I crawled over and hovered over him again, straining to see the text of the book. Seung Jo looked up at me with one eyebrow raised.

“You really wanna see what I’m reading?” he asked. I nodded.

“Mmm.”

He looked at the book and then back at me before turning away even more. I stared at him.

“Y-Yah! I just wanna see what you’re reading!”

“Too bad,” he said, turning the page. I made an irritable growling sound before making a jump for the book. Seung Jo quickly pulled the book out of my reach and tucked it underneath him. He had that amused smirk on his face.

“Ahh! Seung Jo!” I complained.

“What?”

I gave him the look, with my lips pursed and my eyes unwavering. But Seung Jo just gave that smile of his like this was kid’s play. Which, maybe it was, but I just wanted to see what he was reading.

“Seung Jo Ahhhh...” I flopped onto him and just lay there.

“Yah! Ha Ni! What are you doing?” he said, his voice a little louder than usual. I giggled but still didn’t move, lying across his abdomen.

“I won’t move until you show me the book!” I pronounced. There was a moment’s silence before Seung Jo replied.

“All right.” I heard him grab the book before he placed his elbows on my back and continued to read, just like that. I sat there for a few seconds, dumbfounded.

“Y-Yah! That’s cheating!” I said.

“Cheating? I wasn’t aware we were playing a game,” he replied casually. I heard another page turn and I grinded my teeth together. I shot up and pinned his arms against the pillows, though one of his hands was still holding onto the book. I looked at that hand. I was straddling Seung Jo’s torso, but if I let go of his arm to grab the book he’d just tuck it away before I could get to it.

Seung Jo just stared at me, his lips beginning to twitch upwards in a smile. “So is this how you play the game?” he asked, clearly amused. I stuttered and then frowned at him, our faces only inches apart. Defeated, I started to climb off him, but he dropped the book and instead grabbed hold of my waist and wouldn’t let me move. I only stared at him, confused, my cheeks turning pink. He moved his face closer to mine and then smiled, a small laugh escaping him before lightly pushing me away.

“In that case, I win,” he said. I pouted and crawled under the covers with my back to him. Gah, Seung Jo!! I couldn’t see him, but he was still smiling as he turned off the lights and got beneath the covers.