The Great Escape - Part 1

We were meant for each other.

Key´s POV:

I still couldn't believe my eyes. I had been convinced Jonghyun was dead, but here he was... Sitting next to me, listening closely to the footsteps coming closer and closer. My heart was racing in my throat when I looked at his jawline. He was just too perfect for me. The thought of loving him hurt me too much. I looked away and saw Jessie still standing just before the corner. She looked at me with big eyes of shock. Although I knew she was the one to blame for all of this, I still couldn't hate her. The great time we've had together still lay fresh in my memories.

She gestured me to stand up and then she walked past us. I was able to stand up and Jonghyun dragged me with him. He moaned softly and I was almost afraid the source of the footsteps had heard us, but they just kept going. 

 

"This way." Jessie hissed and she disappeared through a door. I immediately wanted to follow her, but Jonghyun stopped me. He looked me in the eyes and frowned. 

 

"Key, do we really have to do this? What if she is leading us in a trap? We can't trust her." He said softly and I could feel a little irritation coming. She was actually helping us. Why didn't Jonghyun see that?

 

"She's helping us, Jong. Please... Trust her of just... Trust me then. You do trust me, right?" I asked and I knew I was being mean right now when I saw the look in his eyes.

 

"O-Of course I trust you. You know that. I trust you more than myself." He whispered and I felt myself go warm. I nodded and then I grabbed his hand.

 

"Let's go then." I said and after another glance over his shoulder, Jonghyun followed me through the door. 

 

We entered a large room which had obviously been a stockroom in his best time. The seiling was really high and concrete pillars were supporting the seiling. High windows let some sunlight through. It was the first time in ages we saw sunlight and we both had to squeeze our eyes for a moment to get used to it. Seeing the amount of sunlight it was somewhere in the late afternoon. 

 

"Come on!" Jessie now hissed really impatiently from behind one of the concrete pillars. 

 

I squeezed Jonghyun's hand and followed her. She walked to an elevator shaft at the other side of the storeroom. 

"This is the only way out. I'm sorry, guys. We'll have to climb down." She said and I looked at her in shock. She couldn't really expect Jonghyun to climb down in the condition he was now? 

 

Then the door that we had come through and I had closed tightly, opened and he came walking in. Jessie screamed in panic and started to climb down the elevator shaft.

 

"YOU TRAITOR! I'm gonna kill you!" He screamed and he ran towards us. 

 

I knew I had to make a decision. I looked at Jonghyun and he nodded almost unnoticeable. As usual we understood each other perfectly. I took a deep breath and turned around. I heard Jonghyun starting to climb down. It was now or never...

 

"You think you can stop me, boy? Trying to save your boyfriend?" He hissed and he laughed. His laugh caused the shivers to go down my spine. I really had to do my best to not turn around and just jump after Jonghyun. All the while I could hear Jessie crying in the elevater shaft and I was wondering if she would ever be able to get over this. 

 

"Don't you dare to get any closer." I said in a low voice and somehow I was surprised by the threat that could be heard in my voice. It seemed like he was surprised by it too, 'cause his eyes grew bigger for just a second. Then he laughed hard and shook his head. 

Just that one moment of insecurity I had seen in his eyes was all I needed. Now I knew he wasn't invincible, like I used to think. I closed my eyes and thought about my vision in the white room. I felt myself going into a trance and suddenly I flew above myself.

 

I saw myself standing before the elevator shaft and he was standing only two meters away from me. I could see the shocked expression on his face. It was clear he didn´t really know what to do. He had expected me to run away scared or attack him. I chuckled by the though of his ignorance. 

Then something caught my eye. A feminine figure came floating towards me. Not my body, but my... spirit. Yes, I think it was my spirit. 

 

"SungHae..." I recognized her as soon as she reached me. Her long blond hair lay on her back like a waterfall of silk and her big brown eyes smiled at me. 

 

"Kibum... It's nice to see you again. I see you've finally found the strength to call me yourself. Till now I only came when you were on your most vulnerable. Although you might still not understand what's happening right now, you trust yourself enough to get to this stage. I'll help you from now on and I won't leave you." Her soft voice sounded in my ear.

 

I still didn't really got what was happening here right now. Although I was glad she was with me now. It felt like a piece of me was now complete. I smiled at her and nodded.

 

"Thank you, SungHae, but I don't know what to do. How can I defeat him? I want to save Jonghyun and even Jessie, but I'm all alone." I said and I suddenly felt extremely lonely. 

 

She just smiled and floated down. She went straight next to him and looked at him. My heart shot straight to my throat. What if he saw her? But then I noticed he didn't look at her or didn't even seem to notice her. He was still looking at my body and was still trying to decide what he was going to do. Then she looked up at me and gestured me to come closer.

 

"You see this?" She asked when I had reached her. She pointed to his face and I studied it closely. I hated that face and it took me all my strength not to punch it right now although I knew he would probably not feel it. 

 

"What do I have to see?" I eventually asked. I saw a lot of things, but I was sure that wasn't what she meant.

 

She smiled and pointed again. "Look closer. Look with your heart and not only with your eyes, Kibum." She said softly. 

 

I looked closer and then I saw what she meant. The look in his eyes was dominated by craziness, but now I looked closer I saw more. I saw pain, tiredness and even love. I looked at SungHae with big eyes of shock. I hadn't expected to see anything like that in his eyes. 

 

SungHae smiled at me and nodded. "Now it's time for us to act. You've learnt to look behind the craziness of someone and you learnt to see the pain and hurt of someone. Now you're ready. If you believe in yourself and open your heart I'll be able to help you. Are you ready, Kibum?" She asked and I nodded nervously. I didn't know what she was going to do. She was a ghost, so how could she help me? Still, the calm look in her eyes made me believe her and I smiled.

 

She came closer and then embraced me. I felt a warm light embracing me and then she entered me. Wait, she entered me? What was this? I tried hard not to freak out, but somehow it felt so familiar. Soon the warm feeling filled my whole spirit and I looked at my body. I felt the sudden urge to go back to my body.

 

"Listen to yourself, Kibum." I heard a voice in my head and I knew it was SungHae. I moved to my own body and stopped just a few inches before myself. I looked at my face closely. Man, I really needed a bath. My face was covered in black spots and grew stripes. My hair was sticking to my forehead. I so hoped SungHae wasn't looking right now through my own eyes, 'cause I had never looked so ugly I decided. Then I grinned. How was I able to think this way when I was in this situation? 

I went on and entered my own body. I didn't really know what I had expected, but not this. I felt a light shock and then I opened my eyes. I looked at him again and knew I was back in my own body. Still I didn't feel the same and I knew SungHae had gone with me. 

 

"W-What's happening?" He suddenly asked scared and I frowned surprised. What was he talking about? Then he pointed at me and I looked at my own hands. Surprised I took a few steps back.

My hands were glowing and I soon noticed my whole body was glowing and I was practically giving light.

 

What the heck was happening to me?