The Fight

Shattered Trust - Was It Even Whole To Start With?

 

Annyeong!! :) I'm Back!! Mianhae it has ben so long, i hardly even have a good excuse i just haven't really had inspiration plus all the tests and concerts and all that, but that doens't mean i shouldn't be writing so sorry!!!! Forgive me? ^_^ Yay! Anyway this is a bit of a downer for a chapter but... Enjoy!!!

 

 

Jonghyun just stared at Key with an icy glare as the Diva stood there rather awkwardly in the doorway, half smiling and half unsure. The atmosphere was very tense in that moment and neither knew what to say, Key was the first to break from this staring trance. His expression was one of confusion at his lover's look but shrugging his shoulders, he tried to brush it off by assuming he was just a bit tired. He shook his head with a small quick movement and plastered a smile on his lips as he stepped forward with his arm outstretched for his phone,

 

“So, Hyung, where was it? How did you find it? I thought...” but before he could finish, Jonghyun surprised him by sharply pulling his hand away with the phone in it, which Key was just about to take. The sudden movement made Key forget what he was saying and made his brow furrow. He looked questioningly at his Dino, he took a step back so as to be able to take in his whole figure at once.

 

 

He noted how stiff his posture was, as if he was holding himself back from doing something; his muscles were taught and at his sides his hands were balled into firm fists. His jaw was clenched, almost painfully so as he glared at the younger. Key also noticed how tousled his usually beautifully styled hair was, which Key instantly recognised as a sign he had been stressed over something and had been constantly running his fingers through it over and over. But the thing that Key really noticed was his lover's eyes, those deep pools which usually held only love and affection when they were directed at him, but now seemed frosted over with anger and mistrust. “Hyung... Yeobo what's the matter? Are you alright?” He asked in a caring voice but with something else hinting in his voice. He wasn't stupid; Key knew something was up even if he didn't know what it was. Jonghyun looked away as the words left Key's mouth, avoiding eye contact with him as he now turned to glare at the whitewashed walls of their living room, his posture not breaking, despite Key's best efforts to get the Dino to look at him.

 

 

After a moment of strained silence, Jonghyun clenched his jaw once more, and still not looking at his confused lover he said,

 

“Jinju just dropped it round” he stated in a cold tone, not bothering to answer the younger's former question. Key was starting to get concerned by how Jonghyun was acting, it was such a sudden change from this morning and he had just had an amazing time out shopping with Seyun, he had hoped to come back to his hardworking boyfriend, to be developed into his arms, a quick kiss on the cheek before he put on a fashion show for him, or if not cuddled up and stuck on a film to kill a few hours. He had not expected this. Yet he still tried to shake it off; if Jonghyun was stressed over something, he didn't want to aggravate him any further so he tried to keep his tone casual as he tried to continue with conversation.

 

“Jinju? Ah, that makes sense. Jonghyun I was just about to tell you, I remembered that the last time I think I had my phone was the night of the party at her house!” he said with a smile on his lips while he tried to convince his partner to smile also. He didn't like the angry expression still plastered there.

 

 

Key, hoping his lover was a little calmer now, was about to make another reach for his phone, when Jonghyun suddenly turned his back on him, walking around the room, while he continued talking,

 

"Actually, she said you only left it there on Saturday, not the night of the party." Again with that tone. Key was starting to feel anxious; Jonghyun really was acting substantially different now, nothing like how he had left him that morning and he couldn't think of what could have happened in that time.

 

“What do you mean? That doesn't make sense! I haven't used it at all since the party, I thought I lost it!” Key put his head into his right palm while supporting his elbow with the hand of his left, while he tried to think back and understand. “Are you sure she was right? I swear I haven't used it! Maybe she thought it was Saturday but has in fact just been there the whole time? Anyway, don't you remember? Jinju asked to borrow my phone, and remember, you dragged me away from Seyun before she could give it back!”

 

 

For a moment, Jonghyun turned round to face his boyfriend, a look in his eyes, as if hoping that what he was saying was true but then he washed it from his face as he clenched his fist around the phone once again, reminding himself of the treachery hidden inside that small device. He turned his back to him once again and just scoffed,

 

“Ok Key, your stories aren't funny anymore, you don't have to keep saying these things: I know your secret.” Jonghyun seemed to be getting more and more exasperated and anger started to lace his words yet again, he just wanted to get this over with and Key's persistence to act ignorant was not making it any easier.

 

 

Key on the other hand, just looked at him with an even more baffled look, he had no idea what he was talking about, this was all so sudden and he felt completely thrown off balance at his lover's statements. Nothing he said was clear. He seemed to be accusing him off something and yet had failed to tell him what it was, he didn't know how to respond but he was starting to feel a little annoyed and desperate to make his Jonghyun see sense.

 

“What secret? Hyung, this isn't funny either. I'm really not joking! Remember, I told you before I left this morning, I haven't even seen my phone in ages.” now Jonghyun really seemed to be getting angry. His hand was now clamped so hard in a vice-like grip around the little silver device that it seemed a miracle that it was still in one piece. Jonghyun had had enough of this. He was so wound up from all that had been forced upon him in just a few hours. How had such a normal and happy morning with his love, turn into this horrible jumble of mistrust, cheating and accusations? Not to mention how suddenly it had been triggered by Jinju's appearance and seemingly pitying looks and invitation to come round. To Jonghyun she seemed the only surety at this moment, he didn't know who else he could trust, as soon as this was over he knew where he needed to go, but right then as he faced his boyfriend, he was really riled by the whole conversation and was becoming less and less reasonable.

 

 

Jonghyun turned suddenly to face Key; anger was practically glowing in his eyes and he menacingly stalked towards the smaller frame. Jonghyun may have been the shorter of the two, but with those muscles mixed with the vexation which was evident in his eyes, Key was becoming very much intimidated even if he didn't want to show it. Jonghyun didn't stop as he continued to be offended by the idea that Key was mocking him.

 

“So now you have resorted to lying? Right to my face?” he scoffed angrily “Do you look down on me so much? You really have sunk low!” he was fuming now and Key was really starting to lose his nerve and started to slowly back away from his angered partner but he still tried to reason with him.

 

“What are you even talking about? I would never lie to you, why are you suddenly accusing me? What have I done? Please Jonghyun, just talk to me civilly. Why don't we just sit down and talk this over?” He said as calmly as possible, his tone like one a parent uses with their child to make them calm down, whilst holding is hands up as if in surrender and gestured towards the sofas. Jonghyun wouldn't have it and Key's tone only seemed to aggravate him more.

 

“What is there to talk over? I think it is pretty clear” he said waving his phone in the younger's face.

 

 

Key finally looked like he had had enough of his lover's childish nonsense and suddenly for a moment, regained his diva confidence to try and make his partner back down.

 

“Jonghyun, you are being ridiculous! Please just give me my phone” and he stepped towards his lover to take the phone but Jonghyun just angrily stepped to him, invading his personal space and grabbed him forcefully by the shoulders.

 

“Ani! How could you do this to me, Wae Key? Was I not good enough to you?” he asked and shook the small figure in his hands

 

“Ow, Jonghyun. You're hurting me” he said with a quivering voice, all his found confidence gone in an instant. Jonghyun had never forcefully touched him before, he had never seen him this angry, for the first time Key was actually scared of his Jonghyun. Jonghyun however ignored the frightened expression on his boyfriend's face, he was too far gone to notice. His rain of angry words continued to fall on the scared younger as he was shock violently for reasons he did not know.

 

“I thought what we had was special, how could you betray me like this?” Key was so flustered he didn't know what to do and this confusion mixed with the panic he was feeling meant that he couldn't say anything, even if he had known what to say, his mouth was glued shut and his eyes opened wide. Still Jonghyun continued to yell in his face, his anger now at boiling point, Key had never seen him this angry and it terrified him. “I can't even look at you anymore after what you've done. I can't even believe I ever loved you!”

 

 

Then suddenly out of nowhere, there was a resounding slap followed with complete and utter silence. Neither of them said a word, both stunned to silence. Key had frozen completely, until he slowly raised his hand to his cheek, which was now flushing from the impact of the back of Jonghyun's hand. He could feel the blood rushing under his fingertips and tears sprung to his eyes but it wasn't from the pain the slap had on him, it was much deeper. He was so shocked that Jonghyun had actually stuck him. No one had ever hit him before, not even his parents; the last person he would have ever expected to do that to him was Jonghyun – the man who claimed to love him. The man he had shared his first kiss with, the man who he cuddled into at night, the man who he told all his secrets too. A single tear trickled down his cheek but Jonghyun ignored it, he was too blinded with anger to care about anything.

 

“I don't want you here anymore Key. I don't want this kind of cheating filth around me. Leave. I never want to see your face again. After all we have been through I can't believe you would do that to me.” he then forcefully threw the phone at Key's feet “Take this, I don't want any memory of what you did here anymore.” He then turned to leave, “Get out of here, get out of my sight, I want you gone by the time I get back. I'm going to Jinju's. Goodbye Key” With that Jonghyun grabbed his car keys and jacket, and stormed out of the house; leaving a shaking Key standing alone and broken in the living room.

 

 


Dun Dun DUUHHNNN! What do you think? I was slightly worried that it was too rushed, what do you think?? Thanks for feeback and subscribing and reading and all that! You guys mean so much to me and my inspiration!! Kamsahamndia especially to SakuraMochijjongluvbummieanamsultan2Mninielepedoburr, and WelcomeToKpop for subscribing! Saranghae all!! <3 I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to leave feedback and comments on what you think might happen next or just if you liked/didn't like about this chapter! I luv reading them, but i'm not going to try and force you!!! I'll update as soon as i can!! 

Ppyong,

BabyLocket Xx