Insomnia

Insomnia

 

The blinking light of the clock showed 1:14.

Tick tock tick tock.

Though the clock was digital, the annoying sound of the secondhand arm moving haunted his dreams.

Tick tock tick tock.

Time was running. It would be morning soon and the sunlight would start seeping through the windows of his and Luhan's room. He tossed and his bed.

Yixing still couldn't sleep after an hour of failed trying.

The stress from dance practices and meetings and interviews and recordings and 
all those have been eating him alive lately. Now he feels cold - oh so cold in fact he had two, thick blankets cocooning him.

Yixing was shivering even though it wasn't winter and the climate was supposed to be warm. He was shaking and had no idea why. He thought that he might have forgotten something important that the other members kept on telling him before sleeping.

The fact that being clueless isn't actually an advantage made Yixing groan and curl into himself more.

Sighing and groaning at the same time, he tried finding a new angle that would deem comfortable enough so he could probably rest.

The alarm clock would go off at freaking 4 o'clock later and he haven't even had the chance to even have 10 seconds of sleep!

He rolled his eyes and went out off bed. The couch might be comfier than the bed. Oh, the irony.

He saw a shadow moving on the sofa as he was towards his way. His eyebrows perked up. Out of curiosity, he hastened his steps and the figure can be finally identified.

"
Duixhang," Yixing whispered so low since he was afraid that he would wake the peacefully sleeping Wu Fan. He hoisted himself in front of their leader's face, kneeling on the floor and stared.

Just... stared.

Was the leader having the same thought as him that the couch was more comfortable than their beds?

He never meant for it to be this way, but somehow he ended up lightly tracing their leader's facial features with the tip of his index finger. His grin grew wider as he felt the soft breathing of the love of his life, tickling his skin.

Yixing didn't mind if his body was constantly shivering. Seeing Wu Fan's handsome face kept him warm and cozy.

Maybe. That's what he thought.

His eyes were slowly drooping when he felt a hand on his forehead. His eyes snapped open to see Wu Fan sitting up with a worried expression painted on his once calm face.

"I'm sorry I woke you up," Yixing whispered as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Wu Fan continued to frown.

"You're sick," the older said matter-of-factly and he sighed as he saw Yixing's confused expression.

He helped the other lie down on the couch, Yixing's head perched on his lap. The latter was confused but he didn't mind. This position was actually more comfier and warmer than before. Yixing snuggled further into Wu Fan's lap and pressed his face on their leader's stomach.

Wu Fan sighed once more, the movement of his stomach being felt by the face pressed on it, making that person smile. "We've been reminding you of that fact even before you slept and you
forgot?" he said it in a playful manner but Yixing couldn't help but pout when he heard the annoyance at the edges of his voice.

He groaned in the elders stomach in reply.

"Yixing-ah," Wu Fan cooed. "Why do you always make me worry?"

The younger mumbled something like, it's your problem not mine, as he encircled his arms around the leader.

Maybe it was the way they were positioned or how they feel so perfect together that tugged at Yixing's heartstrings. Whatever it was, he felt so happy at the moment by being with Wu Fan.

He felt a gentle rub at his cheek.

"Xing, you're sick. You need to sleep on your bed or maybe anywhere comfortable."

"But I'm comfortable." The younger whimpered because, gosh, Wu Fan worrying about him is absolute heaven and he wanted to keep this memory locked in his heart forever.

It was so fast that it happened even before he could blink. Wu Fan was carrying him bridal style.

He didn't know whether to squeal or strangle their leader because man this was so taking a toll on his manliness. He just sighed in content and snuggled deeper into Wu Fan's neck, sharing the heat of the older.

His eyes were already closed when he felt the warm duvet of Wu Fan's bed covering him and the latter's arm around his waist, protecting him from all those evil things.

He buried his head on Wu Fan's shoulder and inhaled the scent that is 
simply Wu Fan. He kissed the latter's collarbone in thanks and wounded his arms around the leader.

He smiled and thought that, 
yeah, maybe having insomnia in the middle of the night is not so bad after all.

 



-

 

 

On the very next day, he woke up in the arms of Wu Fan and the sight of a grinning and amused Taozi.


/fin.

 

 

 

a/n. what is this freaking tuna salad sprout of nonsense? ;A;