Ray of Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine

 

The wind blowing through my hair. The sun shining on my skin, leaving a warm feeling. It was the only reason I looked forward to going to school. I rode my bike to the bike rack in front of my school and got the lock out of my bag. There have been recent reports of bike’s being stolen and I can’t afford that since I live like twenty blocks away! The first bell rang, practically telling me “If you don’t get your to homeroom, you’ll be in for detention.” I quickly grabbed my bag and ran to homeroom. There he was. Kim Jonghyun. Once again, he had a load of girls surrounding him which meant I couldn’t get to my seat. How unfortunate for me to have to sit next to him. I was probably the only girl who didn’t swoon over him all the time. Even my best friend, Jihae, would practically drool over him.

“Minji!” she called, motioning for me to come toward her. I could see that stupid dinosaur puppy-faced idiot glance at me for a second, but I walked over to Jihae while acting like I didn’t see him. “What’s up?” I asked with a smile. “I wanna ditch school.” She pouted with some aegyo. I lightly slapped her on the arm and yelled at her, “Yah! I thought that was behind you!” “But-“ “No buts! You promised me.” “Okay…” “Good.” Believe it or not, Jihae used to skip school almost every day and didn’t even have any friends. I somehow changed her when we met. And although I love her to bits, I can’t stand the fact that she swoons over that dino. I’d rather her go back to her delinquent self. I looked over at where my desk is… probably. I couldn’t tell with the hoard of girls surrounding that area. I can’t take this anymore

. I’m always getting yelled at for not taking my seat before class begins because of them. I suddenly felt a tug on my wrist. “You’re not gonna start something, right Minji?” Jihae asked. “They’re asking for it.” I said. Jihae released my wrist, probably knowing I wouldn’t go back now. I angrily walked over to the dino’s desk and crossed my arms. I saw a stupid looking smirk form on his face. “Minji ah, are you joining us today?” I slammed my hand on his desk, causing the girls around me to flinch. “Can you not bring your little fanclub over here? It’s really pissing me off,”

I glared at one of the girls that were in the way of my desk, “You better move before I make you.” The girl shuffled aside, looking a bit scared. I slammed my bag on the desk and roughly pulled the chair out to sit down. I could hear him chuckle, which annoyed me even more. It’s like he was enjoying this. Class was boring as usual. I tapped my pen, looking out the window. The sun wasn’t shining anymore. . I didn’t bring an umbrella. I should be okay since I have my bike. I’ll just use my super speed to get home. I laughed to myself, imagining it in my head.  The school day progressed fairly quickly, since we had an early dismissal today. I said my goodbye’s to Jihae and walked over to the bike rack.

GONE. IT WAS GONE!

I’m going to kill these stupid bike thieves when I find them! “Aish!” I yelled in frustration, ruffling my hair. “Need a ride?” That voice. Of course it was none other than Jonghyun. Great. “No thanks. I’ll be walking home today.” I started walking away and Jonghyun started walking next to me, wheeling his not stolen  bike alongside him. “It looks like it’ll start to rain soon.” He said. “So? I don’t need help from you.” He forcefully stopped me and put his helmet on my head, while he made me sit on the back part of his bike. “Hold on tight!” he said. “Wait what?! No! I said I don’t need your-“ Before I could finish my sentence, he zipped off at a scary speed. I unconsciously put my arms around him, holding on for dear life.

It started to drizzle a bit but it wasn’t that bad. Jonhyun finally came to a stop. I quickly got off, breathing heavily. From almost having a heart attack, of course. I noticed that we were directly in front of my house and I straight away started walking towards the front door without asking how he knew where I lived. “I don’t get a thanks?” I turned around, clearly annoyed. “Why should I? I told you I didn’t want your help.” I continued walking towards the door. “Can I at least get my helmet back?” I forgot I was wearing it. I turned back and walked towards him and took off the helmet. “Here.” I coldly said, handing it to him. “Why do you hate me so much?” “Because you irritate me.” “And the reason?” I sighed in annoyance and stood just inches away from his face. Of course it didn’t do much since I was shorter than him.

“I hate people like you. Cocky just because they have a good outer appearance.” I was finally able to get into my house just in time. Not even a few seconds after, I could hear the rain start to pour. I looked outside to see if mom had left anything we wouldn’t want in the rain. Jonghyun was still there. It looked like he was trying to call someone but didn’t get anyone. I saw him ruffle his hair in frustration and laughed a little. I gotta admit, he looked a little cute when he did that. I opened my front door. “Yah!” I yelled, startling him a bit. I walked over with and umbrella and noticed his bike tire was flat. “What, did you forget something?” He asked. I didn’t say anything and took the bike in my hand. “Are you coming or what?” I put the bike in the small shed we had next to our house and went back to the house. Jonghyun stood there, dripping wet.

I got him a towel and threw myself on the couch. “I’ll fix your bike after the rain stops.” I said, switching on the TV. Jonghyun still stood at the front door, looking like a lost puppy. I got a blanket that was on the couch and wrapped it around him. “You’ll get sick.” I said as I took his hand, leading him to the couch. “You’re so motherly.” He chuckled. “If you don’t want my help then fine!” “No, no that’s not what I’m saying. You’re very kind aren’t you?” He gave me a sweet smile. That was the first time I saw that kind of expression from him. “Still, I can’t believe you’re so cruel as to forget me.” He said. I looked at him like he was crazy, “What? I only met you at the beginning of the school year.” He shook his finger,

 

 

“It was last year. You collapsed in front of your house because you had the flu. Your mom saw me pick you up, trying to find someone to help you. She asked me if I could take care of you. When I was about to leave to get you some water you tugged on my shirt and told me not to. It was pretty cute.” He teased. I blushed as memories of that started flooding back. I flinched back, “That was you!?” My memory was hazy from that time because I was sick. I always wanted to thank the person who took care of me that day. “Don’t be embarrassed, you were really cute then.” “Shutup!” I blushed even more. He put his arms out, looking like he was gonna hug me. I backed up, “Yah, Kim Jonghyun, don’t you dare touch me!”

His clothes were still wet and I didn’t wanna feel that cold sensation. He kept walking towards me and I kept backing up. “I’m serious, Jonghyun!” I felt something cold on my back. The wall. He kept getting closer and closer and finally I felt that feeling I didn’t want. His arms tightly wrapped around me. I could feel my clothes dampen. “Ewwwww!” I said. I could hear him laugh. “You know Minji, ever since that time… I’ve really liked you.” Jonghyun likes me?  Before I could say anything, he broke the hug and crashed his lips onto mine. It was intense. For a moment I forgot about my clothes. I don’t know why but I kissed him back and I felt him smile. He hugged me tighter and then broke the kiss.

“I suppose already cocky Jonghyun is even cockier because he got the girl that hates him to like him, correct?” He looked surprised at my statement and kissed my cheek. “Yep, I’m just a cocky guy who likes this girl named Minji.” I felt my heart jump a little. It was the first time I felt like this. “Umm… can you get off of me now?” “Nope.” He smiled. “Jonghyun!” He smothered me even more, getting my clothes even more soaked. “Ewww! This is so gross!”  He kissed me once again and I saw the rain let up, bringing a ray of light through the curtains. It’s like Jonghyun was the light that I needed in my life. 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BAHAHA! That was cheesy wasn't it xD? What can i say~~ I'm a cheesy person~ 8DDD I hate cheese though... LOL. Idk. but yeahhh~~~ I hope all you Blingers out there enjoyed this~ ^^ Hint for who the next one-shot has in it is he's from a rookie group but they're not really rookie's? XD They debuted last year ...i think.. i at dates... xDD but he's the main vocalist and he has an oh so y jawline~ *A* Unf. ..... sorry... fantasizing~ XDDDDD