Please Don't Go...

Trusting My Heart or Trusting My Mind...

[Tiffany's POV]

The sun was shining so brightly through the curtains, keeping me from opening my eyes fully. My eyes slowly adjust to the brightness as I unwillingly roll out of my bed that's occupied with everything pink. Pink is my absolute favorite color and everyone knew it. Well, everyone that pays any attention to me that is. I shuffle my feet around, searching for my fluffy slippers by my bed.

"Hmm? Where are my slippers...?" I mumbled to myself. Romeo runs in just at that moment, with one of my slippers ripped up in his mouth.

"Aish! Bad boy Romeo! Those are my favorite slippers and you ripped them?" He gave me an innocent look as if he understood exactly what I said, before gently dropping the slipper in front of my feet. I took a deep breathe and sighed, leaning down and petting him on the head. Ignoring my torn up slippers, I got up and walked sluggishly towards my washroom, rubbing the sleep out of my right eye. After washing up, I could hear my mom's voice call me from a distance.

"MiYoung-ah! Come down and eat breakfast before going to school!"

I sighed deeply, leaning with my head down on top of the sink, both arms holding me up by the edges. I heard her every morning while I was freshening up in the washroom. She would say the same thing, but sometimes it just sounds too real. I finish up and walked back into the room, rumbling through my closet to find something to wear. After putting on a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top and a plaid shirt, I went downstairs to see my dad sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper and sipping his coffee.

"Good morning dad. I don't have time to eat breakfast, I have to be at school early today."

I didn't exactly like breakfast. After mom passed, I just never had an appetite in the mornings. He looks at me with raised eyebrows like usual.

"Honey, I know you don't have to be at school early. You've been saying that for the past several years." He let out a small chuckle and shakes his head in amusement.

"I'm gunna get going. Bye daddy!" I smiled at him and opened the front door.

"Enjoy the last day of being a high school student!" he shouted from the kitchen.

"Oh trust me, I will!" I shouted back before stepping outside.

It was a beautiful day out. The sky was baby blue with animated clouds, the light wind blowing against my face ever so softly and the sun created a comforting warmth. As I started to walk down my porch, I could hear a car from a distance. Before I knew it, a white Mustang pulled up in front of my house. I let out a small giggled and skipped towards the car.

"Hey Jessie! New car?" I said as I opened the passenger door and hopping in.

"My dad said the Mercedes didn't fit me well and that it looked ugly on our driveway." she said shrugging her shoulders. I looked at her for a second before I burst out laughing.

"You're dad got you a new car... Because it looked ugly on the driveway?! That's ridiculous!" I laughed so hard I almost choked on my own spit.

"I know right? He gets bored and sick of things so easily."

Jessica is very wealthy. Her dad is the CEO of a very successful entertainment company. Her mom is a fashion designer, she currently has about a hundred clothing stores opened around the world. Although Jessica is spoiled and can pretty much have anything she wanted, she didn't act like it at all. She's very well-mannered and outgoing once you get to know her. Before I knew her, she seemed sort of cold, like she didn't want to talk to anyone or she didn't care for anything. We met in freshmen year in English class. We've been best friends ever since I tripped over my own feet and fell practically on top of her.

"Can you believe this is the last day of HIGH SCHOOL?" Jessica asked in disbelief.

"I've been waiting for this day for so long... It doesn't even feel real now that it's actually here!" I said in an excited yet amazed tone.

We arrive at school, parking in the same spot we usually had for the past year since we were always a bit early. I got out of the car, following Jessica into the side doors of our school. The halls were especially busy today, I guess cause it's the last day and everyone was excited and anxious to leave high school for good. Jessica and I usually hung out under one of the stairwells by our English class. It was like our little retreat that no one else knew about. We walked down the hall towards the back of the school, where our secret spot was located. I opened the doors to the stairwell expecting it to be empty as always, but to my surprise, there was someone there. I turned to Jessica, giving her a confused look as she mirrored my reaction. I slowly took small steps towards the figure but Jessica was waving her hand towards her, gesturing me to walk back. I shook my head and mouthed "I wanna see who it is!" 

A small, skinny girl sat under the staircase, her back facing me. Her long blonde hair fell so neatly and beautifully on her shoulders covered by her white blouse. I couldn't tell who it was, but I had an idea.

It can't be...

I thought to myself. As I got closer to her, I could hear her sniffling.

"A-are you okay..?" I asked in a confused yet gentle manner, peaking from the side of the stairwell.

The girl takes a couple more sniffs in and wipes her tears before reluctantly turning her head to face me.

It really is her.... TaeYeon...

Taeyeon was one of the most popular girls in our school. Heck, she was THE most popular. She's even known around other schools as well because of her amazing singing abilities. I've been going to the same school as her since I moved to Korea but we've never actually spoken to each other before.

"Are you... okay?" I asked again, stepping closer towards her.

Jessica was whispering something to me but I couldn't quite hear what she was saying. I shrugged my shoulders before sitting next to the short girl. She looked at me for a few seconds before breaking into another crying session. I didn't know what to do or what to say since we've never actually talked before.

"What do I do?!?"  I mouthed to Jessica.

"How should I know?! You're fault! I'm going to class! Good luck..."  She whispered back.

"Jessica! SICA!" I whispered before the door behind her closed.

What the heck am I supposed to do, seriously? I made the mistake of being curious and wanting to see who was crying, then asking her if she's okay, then sitting down. Why am I even here? I don't even........-

I suddenly felt her head on my left shoulder as she sobbed away. My heart skipped a beat for a second and I couldn't get myself to move. There's a billion thoughts running through my head and I couldn't even make up a proper sentence.

"Wh...... I........." What the heck am I trying to say to her?! Oh my god... What's wrong with me right now? I tried gathering my thoughts and calming myself down while she was still crying her heart out. A few minute later, I finally calmed myself down from that unknown feeling of anxiety I had and spoke.

"I... I have to get to class now...." I stuttered. Why did I feel so bad after saying that? Like I didn't want to leave her side.

"I'm gunna leave now, sorry." I said before getting up on my feet.

She looked up at me with tears running down her face from her puffy red eyes. I gave her a slight smile before turning to walk away. Before I could even take a step forward, I felt a small hand grab mine, preventing me to going anywhere. I looked back at her in a confused manner with raised eyebrows.

"Please..." Her breath hitched before she could finish her sentence.

"Please don't go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hey guys! I finally got to finishing this chapter LOL what happened was, I actually finished it a long time ago but I had the editing page opened on two different computers. As I was writing it on one computer, it would autosave every once in a while on the other. So when I was done, I looked at the chapter and.... half of it was missing! :(((( then I just lost my motivation hahah but I'm back! Sorry for the wait! It's quite a lousy chapter though, mianae! Promise to make the next chatper better! ^^