Sasaeng Fan.

Sasaeng Fan.

 

With a camera in your hands and runners on your feet you sprinted towards the address a fellow fan had sent you. You were ready; this is what you have been waiting for. Taking in a deep breath, you make sure your hands are still before you take pictures from various angles. A smile is situated on your face as you mentally cheered for how successful you were. As you continued to take pictures though you noticed that your smiling angel didn’t look too happy. In fact, he looked rather dejected. The smile on your face completely disappeared as you took another photo. You stopped for a good thirty seconds and stared at the idol you love; your role model. What am I doing? You stare at your camera and took a good look at all the photos you have taken over the years, your so called “prized possessions”. These were your babies, your reward for being a great fan, right? A sigh escapes your lips as the reality of your actions finally dawned on you. No. You stare at a fellow fan right next to you, snapping away and taking pictures like her life depended on it. You took a good look of the way she was crouching, the way she looked at your idol as if he was a piece of meat. You felt sick to your stomach when you realized that you were doing the exact same thing only moments ago. As you got up to your feet you scrolled through all the pictures you have taken once again. You noticed that his smiles were often forced; even while you followed him around he still smiled. Ashamed, you felt ashamed of yourself. Without a second thought you threw your camera against the pavement. I have to stop. You watched as pieces of your broken camera flew in different directions, this is the right thing to do. A few fans looked at you as if you were an idiot for doing what you had done. Shaking your head, the expression you had on your face mirrored theirs as you looked back at them. You took in another deep breath then turned around to take one last look at the human being that you have wronged in so many ways. I’m so sorry.