CHICKEN!

Love Match

 

The next day, Jieun didn’t know what to do and what to say towards Wooyoung. That morning, Wooyoung looked different. What’s the matter? Jieun knew something different from him, so she decided to talk with him.

“Good morning.”

“Morning.”

For a second Jieun thought there wasn’t any difference from Wooyoung, so she started a conversation like usual, but,

“Have you done the hom—”

Wooyoung turned his head and talked with his friend. It seemed like, he gave a cold shoulder. He ignored Jieun.

Jieun was confused, but she tried not to think about that deeply.

After school, Jieun was about to ask him to go to the court, but again, he ignored her and went to the court with his friend.

What’s up with him? She couldn’t wait anymore and asked Wooyoung.

“Hey, what’s the matter with you?”

“Ah, err... nothing. I’m fine.”

Then he left with his friend.

“Wait, I’m not finish—”         

***

“Is that for real?” Suji suddenly got excited.

“Wait, wait, repeat? He, Wooyoung, tried to kiss you?” said Luna in disbelief.

Jieun nodded.

“Wow, I just can’t believe this. I mean, you two are like cats and dogs.”

“And you’re telling me that he ignored you?” asked Sulli.

Jieun nodded one more time.

“It must be because you turned your head when he tried to kiss you!”

“Jinjjayo?”

“Of course, it’s the same like you rejected him. Aigoo... Neon babo aniyo? He loves you! You know how romantic it could be? Kissing at the tennis court?” Sulli started to become a dramaqueen.

She felt a twinkle in her heart when she heard ‘he loves you’. Her cheeks blushed instantly.

“R-really?” Jieun felt dumb. “B-but, I didn’t mean to reject him.”

“Then why did you avoid him when he tried to kiss you?”

“I don’t know, I was confused! And stop yelling, you make me feel so guilty.”

“Sorry, Jieun-sshi, I didn’t mean to.” Sulli apologized.

“Don’t say, you have the same feelings towards him?” Suji smirked.

Jieun eventually went awkward. “W—what? What do you mean? Hahaha, you’re so funny, Suji-sshi.” Then she left the three and went home.

At home, Jieun couldn’t sleep because of Wooyoung. She couldn’t take him out of her mind. ‘That’ accident kept showing in her mind. Her cheeks became red and her heart beat faster. One question in her mind: do you love him?

***

The next day at school, Jieun tried to talk with Wooyoung, but he still ignored her. Jieun felt uncomfortable with this situation and she was kinda mad with Wooyoung’s act.

After school, at the tennis court, Jieun talked with Wooyoung.

“We need to talk,” said Jieun.

“Sorry, but I gotta practice now.”

“No, wait!”

“What?”

“You’ve been ignoring me for two days and why did you do that? I need to know,” Jieun insisted.

“I’m not, okay. Now, let me go.”

Wooyoung released Jieun’s grip and left her. Jieun couldn’t take this anymore.

“Ya! Jang Wooyoung!”

All the people in the court were speechless, they all looked at Jieun. She was nervous since everyone in this court were staring at her, but she bravely spoke.

“I, Lee Jieun, challenge you to play tennis with me. If you win, fine, you can ignore me as long as you want. But if I win...”

Jieun’s hand became sweaty and her heart beat so fast.

“If I win, you have to be my boyfriend!”

All the people were shocked, including Wooyoung. Whispers were everywhere. Wooyoung looked into Jieun’s eyes deeply, as deep as Jieun looked into his shinning eyes.

“Okay, I accept your challenge.”

***

Jieun knew it would be difficult to beat him in tennis. She thought it was the best way that she could do. Otherwise, he would ignore her for the rest of his life. She didn’t want it to happen. Why? Because she loves him. This game will determine, will their love grow bigger or it will fade away like an ash?

The game started. Jieun got the chance to do the service first. The game went really exciting, the two sides had the same strength. Everyone knows that Wooyoung could play well, but they also surprised with Jieun’s performance. The game was fierce, everytime Jieun scored, Wooyoung also scored. She was really nervous though, what if she lose? What if Wooyoung ignore her forever?

Jieun scored. One more score, she’ll win this match, but if Wooyoung scored, her life ends.

Jieun served, and the last game began. It was a quite long game until Jieun spotted a good place for scoring. She hit the ball with her full power, hoping the ball can land perfectly and Wooyoung can’t hit it. She was wrong, Wooyoung ran as fast as he can to catch the ball and give it back to Jieun. For a second Jieun thought she will lose, but unexpectedly, Wooyoung didn’t hit the ball. He let the ball bounced and threw his racket. She won? But, why would he do that? Wooyoung did that on purpose.

After he throw the racket, he ran toward Jieun, jumped over the net, and then finally, he kissed Jieun on the lips.

She was surprised, but also at the moment, she felt heaven. She was very happy that Wooyoung was still in love with her. And now their love could be together as one. A tear of happiness fell from Jieun’s beautiful eyes. She hugged Wooyoung tightly and probably never let him go.

“What was that for?” Jieun smiled.

“No reason.” said Wooyoung lightly and he tried to kiss Jieun again, but she stopped him with her index finger before his lips could touch hers.

“Do you love me?” asked Jieun.

“If I don’t, then why would I throw my favorite racket, jumped over the net and kissed you in public?”

“Well, say it then?” said Jieun teasingly.

“I’ve already kissed you, it’s more than enough.” Wooyoung protested.

“Chicken.” mocked Jieun.

Wooyoung giggled. “Fine.” He stepped back and opened his two arms widely. He closed his eyes and said “Lee Jieun, I love you!” as loud as he can.

The crowd were cheering on the newborn couple, they seemed to be very happy yet confused because of these two human being, who hated each other like crazy in the beginning, and now have become a couple and became madly in love. Jieun and Wooyoung wondered themselves. It was such a nerve wrecking day, but also a day that both of them will never forget.

***

Wooyoung and Jieun walked together in a beautiful park, their fingers interlaced. It was their 100th day anniversary.

“I remember when you said that you never hate me.”

“Yeah babe, why?”

“Nothing. I just… you know. Why did you always insult me?”

Wooyoung smiled, he recalled all the memories when they were, umm, he didn’t know. Enemies? “I don’t know either, um…. cause you’re cute. Okay?”

Jieun giggled. “What kind of reason was that, you chicken!”

“Geek!”

“Chicken!”

"Geek!!"

"Chicken!!"

"Geek!!!!!!!"

"Chicken!!!!!!!!"

"I hate you!"

"I hate you too!"

They both smile, because they both know that Jieun and Wooyoung love each other more than anyone could know.

 

 

fin

 

 

**yaay! it's finally done. I'm happy because there are many of you that have subscribed this story, thank you so much guys! Love you fellow woou shipper! XD so what do you think with this story? I'm waiting for your thoughts^^ btw, thanks for the one who have told me that I mistyped Jieun with Suji, changed it~ /bow/

If you happen to like my writings, be sure to check out my other works here!

once again thank you so much^^~