GEEK!

Love Match

“Hey, Geeky girl! Could you please pass me the racket?”

“Ya! Would you stop calling me that and shut your mouth up  just once in your entire life!?” Jieun threw a tennis ball to a guy in front of him.

“Ouch! Ya! Are you trying to mess around with me?”

“Who do you think you are, huh?”

“What? Hahaha! What kind of question is that? Everybody knows who I am. I’m Jang Wooyoung, leader of this tennis club? And who do you think you are,  young lady?” He boasted and smirked.

“Aish, jinjja!” Jieun was about to chase him and catch him alive or dead, when Jiyeon pulled Jieun’s wrist.

“Jieun-sshi, just ignore him.”

“Jiyeon-ah! I just want to give him a lesson!”

“Not this time, okay?”

She sighed. “Fine!”

“Hihihihi, good girl.” Jiyeon laughed.

Jiyeon is Jieun’s friend from the tennis club. She is nice, has a pretty face, no wonder there were so many guys who attracted to her. While Jieun? Well, she is beautiful, but the reason why Wooyoung called her ‘Geek’ is beacuse of her big glasses, and the fact that she rarely wear make ups to school.

***

“Huh! I want to kill him!” Jieun stomped the ground on the way home.

“Whoa, careful girls, there’s an angry bear. Run for your life!” Suji mocked.

“Ya! Do you want me to kill you too?”

“That’s why we want to run from you!”

“Hahaha, that’s enough girls. So, who is this ‘him’?” Sulli asked.

“Who else?  The annoying chicken, Jang Wooyoung!”

“Oh,” The three girls said.

“Just ‘oh’?” Jieun protested.

“Yeah. You know, you’ve been arguing with him since the first day of school!” said Luna.

Jieun pouted. “I know. But he keeps on calling me ‘Geek’! It pisses me off.”

“Ck. Get over it, okay. Just ignore him. He’s gonna be tired of you someday.”

***

The next day at school, was really just another day at the office. It was a sunny noon, and the temperature is not really comfortable. Mr. Kim didn’t come to the class that day, because of his sickness, and there wasn’t any substitute teacher, so it was a free time. Jieun secretly took out her sketchbook and was going to draw a comic to kill her boredom. As you know, Jieun has been obsessed about manga or anime things ever since she was little, she had read, maybe, thousands of comic books. No wonder why her glasses are so big. Drawing is her hobby too, alongside with playing tennis. Her mood suddenly broke down when she heard that annoying voice coming from behind.

“Ya, Geek. Are you going to publish another comic this year?”

This time, Jieun tried to ignore him, like her friends said.

“Hey, when was the last time you clean your ears? I guess there’s a little problem with your hearing.” Wooyoung mocked and laughed with his friend.

“Oops, I forgot that you’re even never take a shower, am I right?” mocked Wooyoung, this time more sarcastic.

Jieun felt really angry of course. Her face turned red and she clenched her fist. But she decided to remain calm. She said to herself, ‘patient, Jieun, patient. Just, ignore him. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale,’ Jieun continued her drawing but suddenly, Wooyoung ran towards her desk and snatched Jieun’s sketch book.

“Ahahaha, let’s see.” He said in devil voice.

“No, wait! Give it back to me, now!”

“A-a, not a chance.”

“You jerk!” Jieun chased Wooyoung but he ran faster than Jieun.

“Wahahahahaha! What the heck is this? This is a pure joke! Draw yourself in anime, and create your own story? Hahahaha!” He said it out loud in front of the class so the whole class heard it. He also showed some of her drawing to the class. The boys laughed and the girls just wishpered to each other, they felt sorry for Jieun. It was a total humiliation. Jieun just stood in front of the door, frozen. Her feelings were mixed. Angry, embarrased, sad. In tremblings, Jieun oppened .

“Enough, you bastard!” Jieun yelled. Her eyes became watery.

The whole class were shocked and the didn’t speak a word, including Wooyoung. It was the first time for him to see Jieun angry like that. Jieun walked to Wooyoung, took the sketch book and then punched him in the face. Wooyoung collapsed. Jieun ran out from the class and went to the toilet, crying.

The next day, Jieun planned for not going to school, but she changed her mind, she’s not a child anymore, she had to face the problem that she had. Arrived at school, she met Suji, Luna and Sulli, she told about everything that happened yesterday.

“Well, finally, you could punch him in the face with your own hand.” Suji said.

“Haha, yeah, I’m proud of myself too.”

“That’s my girl!” Sulli embraced Jieun.

The bell rang, the school was started. Jieun went to her class, and found Wooyoung sat on the corner of the class, looking outside the window. ‘What’s up with him?’ Jieun thought. But she decided to not care about him. Unexpectedly, Wooyoung approached her.

“Ah, umm... Jieun, I-I’m sorry.”

Jieun became temporary deaf.

“Please, I know I was wrong. I’m really sorry.” He gave his hand.

Jieun turned her head and stared at him.

“You think with just a ‘sorry’ is enough?”

Wooyoung left speechless. The teacher came to the class, and students got back to their seats.

After school, Wooyoung met Jieun at the shoe locker aisle. He grab Jieun’s wrist.

“Wait, can we talk for a second?”

“No, I’m busy.” Answered Jieun grumpy.

“Please, just a second.”

“For what? For embarrasing me in front of the class again?”

“No, no, I promise. Please.” Wooyoung pleaded.

“Whatever.”

“Okay, so here’s the thing, I-I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, and-and I never hate you, never. And um, I’m sorry because I always insult you, I never treat you like I treat other girls, and the point is, I never hate you. And, um, yeah, sorry?”

Jieun stared at him with a poker face, which is, she is good at this.

Finally, Jieun spoke. “Yeah, okay, I forgive you, just go.”

“Really. Um.. Thanks.” Said Wooyoung awkwardly. Then he left.

Jieun changed her shoes and closed her locker. That moment, she felt strange. She automaticly smiled but didn’t know why? Was it because of Wooyoung? She wasn’t sure, but the way he appologizes to her, Jieun thought it was the cutest thing Wooyoung  has ever done to her.

***

Day by day has passed, Jieun and Wooyoung now became, well, you can say, friend. Wooyoung seemed don’t dare to call Jieun ‘Geek’ anymore. Instead of that, he called Jieun, Jieun, or sometimes, Jieun-sshi.

“Jieun-sshi, let’s go to the court, I wanna try my new racket.”

“Aish, jinjja, such a show off!”

“Ahaha, no, I didn’t mean to. You can try it if you want.”

“Okay then, kaja!”

***

“Let’s practice again tomorrow, okay. Bye.”

“Okay! Bye.”

All the tennis club member went home, except Jieun and Wooyoung. Jieun sat on the bench near the court.

“Phew, today was exhausting.” Jieun said.

“Here,” Wooyoung gave her a bottle of fresh mineral water and sat beside her.

“You know, you are really good in tennis. Since when did you play tennis?” Jieun asked Wooyoung.

“I love tennis, my father taught me since I was in six grade. By the way, thanks. You also play well.”

“Thanks.” Jieun smiled and drink the mineral water.

Jieun leaned her back to the bench and put her hand on the bench. Wooyoung did the same thing and his hand touched Jieun’s hand. They both shocked and became awkward.

“Eh... sorry.”

“Ah, um... yeah.”

Then Jieun felt that Wooyoung kept staring at her, so she decided to look at him. It was strange, Wooyoung never looked at her eyes so deep like that for a long time. It was, different. Jieun was confused, because her heart was pumped faster than ever. Wooyoung’s glare made her melt like never before. She just reliazed that Wooyoung’s eyes were shinning, his nose was pointed, his skin was white and clean, his lips were thin and pink. Wooyoung brought his face closer to Jieun, and one more centimeter, they were about to kiss.

But Jieun turned her head.

Jieun didn’t know what to react, since she has never been in this situation. She felt abnormal, that’s why she turned her face from Wooyoung.

“S-s-sorry, I-I have to go home now. Bye” Jieun awkwardly left Wooyoung alone.

Actually Jieun felt sorry for Wooyoung, she realized that she did a wrong thing, and she didn’t know what is the reason fo all of this. Did she fall in love with the annoying chicken?

 

 

**this is only the first part! please look forward to the second (last) part ^^ comments and subscribes juseyo~**