Final

Brand New Page

‘’Don’t worry, Yuri unnie. The adoption company will sure call you guys soon.” Seo Joohyun, better yet, Seohyun comforts her best friend whose been trying to adopt a baby she and her husband very much wanted for almost a year now.

“I don’t know, Hyun. I’m not very sure now. But why wouldn’t they pick us? I mean we’re stable. I’m a really famous writer and my husband is a director.” Yuri said with almost teary eyes. Seohyun was surprised. The Kwon Yuri she knew since they were high school never cried.

“It’s my fault. I should have taken better of myself.” She continued. “Unnie! Don’t be like that! It wasn’t your fault you got sick. You were lucky you survived.” Joohyun scolded her older friend.

“I know its just that im really frustrated, Hyunnie. I see married couples with their babies almost everytime I go to the park. And I know Jongwoon has also been wanting to experience that moment too. Adopting is our only choice now. Im surprised he hasn’t divorced me yet.” Yuri sadly said.

‘’Why would he do that? He loves you unnie. And besides he already knows you cant have a child yet he still married you. See? That’s a proof he loves you unconditionally.” Seohyun responds.

Their conversation was cut by a loud phone ring. Realizing it was hers, Joohyun picks up her phone and answers it.

“Yah! Where have you been?! Ive been waiting outside your apartment for an hour now! Its freakin cold, Seo Joohyun!” Cho Kyuhyun shrieks on the phone. He didn’t care if people stared at him it was really cold.

“Huh? Im at unnie’s house. And why are you waiting outside? I thought you were in England?” She asks back. Yuri cheered up a little, seeing the young couples’ argument.

“Unnie who? You have tons of unnies i don’t even know about, Joohyun. And stop asking. Just come home!”

“’Kay! Just go to a nearby coffee shop or somewhere warm. You’ll get yourself sick, Kyu.” Seohyun worriedly answered.

“Just go here please?” Kyuhyun responded irritatingly and hanging up the next second.

Aish. Rude boy.

“Yuri ah. I have to go now. But ill see you at the set ok?” Seohyun says to her friend and bidding her goodbye.

“Sure. Just don’t be late!” Yuri yells to an already speeding car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting nearer and nearer her apartment. Seohyun is getting worried. She knows how Kyu easily gets cold and with the cold weather in Seoul, she does not want a sick Kyuhyun hugging her to sleep.

She sees a man in her apartelle's doorstep playing something on a PSP and she immediately knew it was her boyfriend for 4 years.

"You dont look like you're cold." Seohyun blurts out to her boyfriend expecting he would jump out of shock.

"I bought a coffee." Kyuhyun responds back not even looking up from his game.

"Yah! I thought you wanted to see me?!" Seohyun frustratedly asks

"Kekeke. I was just kidding around. Mianhe." Kyuhyun smiles at her. 

He stands up and kisses her and Joohyun responds by kissing him back. It was a short kiss but it was full of emotions.

"You should give me a spare key to your apartment. I dont like it when people stare at me when I wait at your doorstep."  Kyu breaks the silence

"No thanks. We're not even married yet."

"But I come to your apartment a lot of times."

Seohyun just stares at him mockingly.

"I have a set of clothes at the bottom of your drawer." Kyuhyun continuous. 

She just stared at him as if waiting for a more reasonably answer.

"I sleep at your house more than I sleep at mine!" Kyuhyun almost yells

Knowing this would lead to the topic of moving in together for the nth time, Seohyun asks her boyfriend,

"Come inside. I know youre feelling cold." 

Suddenly smiling, Kyuhyun agrees. Seeing him cheering up, she leads him to her small apartment she lived in for almost 5 years.

"Babe, you want some coffee?" Kyuhyun yells to his girlfriend from the kitchen.

"No! But I'd want some warm milk!" Seohyun yells back.

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun comes in with to cups of warm beverages to the living room where he sees Seohyun sitting warmly in her couch wearing his old huge shirt. 

"Hey there, beautiful." He kisses her cheek, surprising her.

"Hmm. Those smell really good. Are you sure they're edible?" Joohyun jokes around.

"Of course they are! Ive been taking lessons." Kyuhyun replies with a low voice. Sitting down and handing her one of the mugs.

"Really? Why didnt you tell me?" 

"I dont know. Just never came around to it." Kyuhyun shrugs.

"Hmm. Really. Ok." Seohyun answers snuggling with him and watching the movie she chose.

Half an hour later....

"Let's get married." Kyuhyun suddenly blurts out, in a serious tone.

"BWOH?!" Seohyun yells, surprised. 

"I said, let's get married." 

"What do you mean get married? Kyu, are you serious?"

"Do I look like Im joking? And besides we've been together for almost what? 5 years? Its time we get married." He reasons

Calming down, Seohyun responds, "You dont even have a ring, Kyu. You dont look like your serious."

He looks around, seeing a piece of blue thread from the messy table, he takes it and wraps it around her middle finger. 

"There. A ring." 

Seohyun, speechless, did not answer.

"Im kidding, I'll get you one first thing in the morning. So, do you accept?" Kyuhyun looks up at her hopefully.

Seohyun takes off the string or ring as Kyuhyun calls it and hands it back to him. Kyuhyun's heart suddenly sank. He knew he was being rejected.

"You should get on one knee and say something romantic. Thats how its supposed to be?" Seohyun smiles at him

"Of course!" a cheered up Kyuhyun yells like he just made the cure for  cancer. He kneels down and looks up at her holding the piece of thread.

"Seo Joohyun, we've been together for......" Kyuhyun stops, not remembering how long they've been together.

"a long time." he conceals. "And through those times, my love for you never flunked. And my knee is getting scraped right now, so will you please marry me?" He evilly smiles.

"Good enough. Sure, I'll marry you. I could never say no to you, babe." Seohyun responds.

Wrapping the string around her finger once more, he kisses her. Deeply kisses her. 

She broke the kiss, knowing Kyuhyun would not want to do something she's not ready for. She was at peace, knowing she would spen a brand new page of her life with her one and only, Cho Kyuhyun.