Guilt

Never Again

Nichkhun

 

I was taking a stroll at my favorite park, when I remembered a place I always used to go to with my ex. When I got to the waterfall, there was a young woman sitting on a rock. I knew right then it was her.

"Long time no see," I told her.

I watched as she slowly turned around. She was still as beautiful as ever, with her big, doe-like eyes and pink lips.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" she stuttered.

"I wanted to visit Korea again," I answered simply.

For a few seconds, she just stood there, frozen. Then, she picked up her purse and was about to walk away when I said,"Wait. Don't leave. We need to talk."

Yoona shook her head. "No. There's nothing to talk about. You broke up with me, and left the country. There's nothing to talk about."

I swallowed my guilt. I heard how hurt she sounded. I'm a monster.

"There's a reason for that. Let me explain-"

"Explain? Explain what? Explain why you hurt me? Explain why you broke up with me, then left the country without even telling me? Do I seem that easy to you, Nichkhun Horvejkul? So easy that you think you could leave me for two years, then come back and be my boyfriend?!" Yoona yelled at me.

"I-"

"No, just save it," she said coldly before running past me.

I stood there, frozen in shock. I've never seen her get that angry. Not even when a kid ripped up her artwork into pieces.

"Do you hate me that much?" I whispered.