He's Back

Never Again

Yoona

 

It's been two years, I thought, since he and I broke up. Two years since the man I loved and I broke up. Two years.

"Yoong!" I heard my friend yell. "Yoong? Im Yoona? Are you there?"

I was knocked back into reality by my best friend, Jessica Jung. Jessica's a famous K-Pop singer. She has long, brown hair that flows down her back, and big, sparkly eyes, which looked like a second home for the stars in the sky. I'd known her since first grade, and grew up with her, which means that she knows everything that happened between me and him.

"I'm here, I'm here. Sheesh. No need to yell in my ear, Sica," I told her in an annoyed voice.

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Come on, Miss I'm-going-to-be-gloomy-because-of-this-day. I'm not going to let you sit in this art room all day. Get up. We're going to have a picnic with Onew and Krystal."

I groaned. "I don't want to sit there and be bored while you and Onew are lovey-dovey with each other."

Jessica frowned. "Onew and I will not be lovey-dovey with each other.Besides, you'll have Krystal."

"No," I told her firmly.

"Yes," she argued.

"No."

"Yes."

"No," Sica said, trying to trick me.

"Yes," I replied, then groaned. I fell for it.

"Why do I always fall for that?" I muttered angrily.

Laughing, my supposedly best friend said,"Because you don't really pay attention to what I say. Now grab your phone, and let's get out of here."

Making a mental note not to fall for that again, I relunctantly grabbed my purse and left my precious art room. For some reason, I knew that I would regret this.

When I got into Jessica's red convertible, I immediately took out my sketching pad and a pencil, and then flipped to a blank page. Call me an art geek, but I could never put down my sketching pad and pencil. Drawing and painting was my passion. It was a passion that I shared with him.

Next to me, I heard Jessica sigh. "Yoong, really? We're in a moving car, for goodness sake. Can't you put that thing down? It's a wonder you don't need glasses."

"It's a wonder you and Onew aren't married yet," I told her in the same mocking voice.

Jessica turned red. "That's not fair! Onew and I don't meet or talk 24/7. We each have our own schedules."

I rolled my eyes and said,"Whatever."

Unconsciously, my hand moved by itself, creating a portrait of someone. I didn't notice who I was drawing until Jessica said,"You need to get over him, Yoona."

Confused by what she was saying, I looked at my drawing. The drawing was  very detailed portrait of my ex, Nichkhun Horvejkul. I ripped the page out, then ripped it to shreds. I threw it in the trashcan in Jessica's car. After what seemed like eternity, we arrived at Maple Hill Park.

I was very familiar with this place, because this is where Sica and I have all our picnics at. It's also very special because it's where Nichkhun first asked me out. Stop thinking about him, Im Yoona, I scolded myself.

We quickly found Onew and Krystal, who were waiting for us there, with the food prepared.

"There you guys are! We thought you guys got kidnapped or something," Onew, Jessica's boyfriend said.

Jessica laughed and said,"You have wild imagination, Mister."

I said my "hellos" and grabbed a tuna sandwich from one of the plates. I took a bite and savored the taste of the juicy tuna.

"Yoona, have you been drawing anything these days?" Krystal asked.

"Of course! Do you want to see some?" I asked her.

Krystal joyfully said yes.

I took out my sketch pad, and flipped it to the first page. It was a picture of this park that I drew a couple of days ago. I drew the big lake in the middle of the park, the children playing, and the trees swaying along to the music of the birds.

"Woah. These are awesome! You should enter it in an art contest! I bet you could win," Krystal said in awe.

I laughed. "You're sweet, Krystal, but I could never win. Anyways, you could look at this, while I go take a walk."

I stood up and walked over to a place where a lot of trees grew. I always came here to think, because it's so quiet and peaceful. I walked a little farther. I stopped when I came to a big rock in front of a small waterfall. I sat on the rock and closed my eyes.

I loosened my muscles and relaxed. The sound of the waterfall was loud, yet peaceful. It was great until someone said something.

"Long time no see," said a man's voice.

It can't be. H-he left, I thought. I slowly turned around to be face-to-face with my ex-boyfriend, Nichkhun Horvejkul.