At a Standstill

A Chance Encounter

   If only time could stand still. Just for a few moments. Just to soak this in. Time ticks by far too fast  for the moment to fully blossom, and yet, how could it be anymore perfect? Right here? Right now. Just as it is. Just as it was meant to be...

 

   And so you find yourself in this moment, of pure, blissful ecstasy. Not a care in the world except the one you care for. You open your eyes. At first, the colours blur, in an abstract harmony, before finally settling into place, allowing you to finally soak in the scene taking place before you. The first thing you see is blue. Nothing but blue skies will the occasional streak of white cloud painted on the cerulean back-drop. The endlessly blue abyss looks so far, yet welcoming.  But a quick sweep of the area reminds you where your place is. Even if you had planned to leave, it would seem as though the tickling blades of the long grass would clutch you tightly if you dared considered leaving. You drink in the surrounding. The bright green meadow, full of specks of warmly coloured flowers in full bloom, the tall oaks that surround the valley meadow and the deep, midnight blue mountains so far off in the distance.

 

   Everything seems tightly knit into the image displayed before you. As you tilt your head back, bathing in the warm sun, a voice is carried in the breeze. So you still yourself, and let yourself be one with the soft, mellow hum of a peaceful tune. The tune is not one which you recognize, yet seems familiar, as though you’ve heard it a million times in hundreds of variations. As light and airy as it started, the final notes drift toward you. Just behind you, there is a light shuffle. Nearly impossible to catch, if it wasn’t for the fact that your ears were so tuned into the melodic voice. You keep your mind clear, still, waiting, because another sound should surface itself in mere moments, shouldn’t it? It would be impossible for you to conjure up such perfection from just a figment of your mind. So you wait what feels like centuries, because in this perfect world, the moments mean everything.

 

   Yet no matter how strong your mind and concentration were, the owner of the voice seems in better control of his movements than you of your own ears. Just as you finally felt the shiver of a presence behind you, a face dropped down mere inches from your own. With a light, almost inaudible gasp, you take in the deep chocolate eyes hanging in front of you. Then you focus on the upside down face with its owner leaning over your body. Of course, you never missed the almost arrogant smirk that was etched into his features, as well as the pure bliss that radiated from his eyes as he starred into yours. Ever so swiftly, the face was gone for a fraction of a second before returning at your side, as the boy seated himself next to you.

 

   Of course, you just had to stare. Who wouldn’t? He was clad in faded ripped jeans, simple black leather boots, a light cream button up shirt, and black velvet vest, complete with the chain of a pocket watch hanging out of his right pocket. His pale skin was a noticeable contrast from the dark brown hair that was a little jostled with a look of beautiful imperfection. All you seemed to have on your mind was to mess it up, just a little bit more...

 

“How long do you expect to gawk at me like that for?” Daehyun asked simply, with a boyish smirk on his face.

“Well I could ask you the same thing!” Of course, as long as you were shamelessly staring at him, you could easily tell he stared right back. You sat there with a simple, blue striped hooded shirt, white shorts, knee high black boots and a little straw fedora to keep your messy knot of braid a little more contained. Though you thought you looked average enough, you were beyond flattered by the way he looked at you and the blush the slowly crept across his face the longer he stared.

With a light chuckle he responded “Well, what can I say? Give credit to where it’s due...” though he trailed his sentence near the end.

“How kind of you” you said with a happy smiled, delighted with yourself when he smiled back. You both sighed pleasantly as the wind breezed by once again. “I could really get used to this...” you mumbled quietly.

“___ I have something to ask you...” At that moment, you watched as he slowly leaned in, inch by inch, second by second, agonizingly slow, until his warm breathe tickled the sensitive flesh of your ear. “___ when are you going to get up?”

“I...wait what was –“ You began to ask, with a perplexed expression, before you were cut off by someone shouting..

 

“COME ON ____!!! Wake your lazy up!”

 

And just like that, when you opened your eyes, your real eyes, the moment was over...

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't apologize enough for how long it took me to finally write the first chapter!! D: Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it. Feed back pretty please!!! With DaeDae on top!!! :D