Beautiful night...

Born To Be a Lady

"Annyeong Nayoungie~~" Sooyoung greeted. "Oh, Annyeong Sooyoung-unnie." Nayoung smiled. "The school prom is just two weeks away! Very exciting~" Jessica squealed as she sat beside Nayoung. "Nado~ Even my new dress is excited." Sooyoung joked. "How about you, Nayoung? Are you excited?" Jessica asked.

"Nah. I don't want to think about it." Nayoung looked at the window.

"How so, Nayoungie? Every girl in the campus are excited about it!"

"I don't have a prom date. Like every guy here wants to ask a tomboyish girl like me to be their date." Nayoung sarcastically replied.

"Don't say that, Nayoungie! Everyone deserves to be part of the event. Why don't you try asking Byun Baekhyun from Class A-3?"

"He'll be going with No Minjae."

"Or... Jang Dongwoo from the Dance Department?"

"Chorong's her date."

"I thought it's Woohyun who asked her?" Sooyoung looked at Jessica. "Well yes, Woohyun was the first one to ask Chorong, but he said he can't come... So, Dongwoo became her date." Jessica explained. "How did you know that?" Sooyoung asked. "Don't ask." She stuck her tongue out. "Sooooo.... Where are we?"

"Jang Dongwoo." Nayoung said.

"Ahhhhh. Arraso... So if Dongwoo is not available, how about that expressionless L?" Sooyoung suggested.

"He's going with his girlfriend, Naeun."

"And it's wrong to say that L-sshi is expressionless, Soong. I've seen him smile and.... Damn, he's so handsome!" Jessica rested her head on the desk, with a grin from ear to ear. "She has a girlfriend, Sica..." Sooyoung shook her head. "I know! But I can't help it~ He's too handsome..." She pouted. "Shut it or I'll tell Donghae-oppa about it..." Sooyoung looked straight at her with a smirk. "Don't you dare Choi Sooyoung!" Jessica glared at her. Nayoung and Sooyoung laughed. "Jessi, I'm just kidding~ I'm sorry!" 

"Apology accepted! Just don't do it again, arraso?"

"Yes, bestie~!" Sooyoung smiled. "Okay, back to the topic!"

"Unnie, it's no use. Every guy in the school had their date..." 

"Except me..." Jeongmin suddenly entered the scene, with a sweet smile on. Nayoung's face turned red after seeing Jeongmin, and quickly looked away. She liked Jeongmin since the first time she saw him. They became the best of friends with their colleagues, Sooyoung and Jessica. Sooyoung knew that Nayoung likes Jeongmin because she watches Nayoung carefully when they were together. Sooyoung was the first one to notice, instead of telling it to her, she just continued watching them and anticipate what's gonna happen next.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jeongmin asked. 

"Prom." Jessica said. "Ahhh, the prom! Are you guys excited?"

"Well, me and Sica are excited. Except for this girl." She pointed Nayoung, who is busy staring at the falling leaves outside. "Hmmmm... Why, Nayoung?" He asked, turning his gaze at her. Nayoung remained quiet. "Yah, Jang Nayoung!" Sooyoung yelled, making her jump a little. "AH! WAE?" She said, fright is printed all over her face. "Jeongmin is talking at 'ya!" Sooyoung winked. "Really?" She blinked. Jeongmin chuckled. "Clueless." 

"I'm not! I'm just... Thinking of something... That's all." Nayoung started blushing again. "Now what is it, Miss Jang? Thinking about who are you going to ask?" Jessica smirked. Nayoung blushed more after hearing it. "A-ani! It's not!" She said. "Hmmm, okay."

"Oh, Nayoungie! I heard you've been recieving cupcakes in your locker since last week."

"Not just cupcakes, but love poems, also! Oh my, Jang Nayoung. You have a secret admirer~ Why not ask that guy to be your prom date?"

"Jung Sooyeon, are you crazy? How can Nayoung ask her 'secret admirer' if his identity is... SECRET?"

"Well... Let's find out who that lucky guy is!"

"Good idea, cucumber! Let's spy Nayoung's locker 24/7 so we can see who is that guy~"

"Eww Soong~ Don't mention that word again!" Jessica said while slightly covering her ears. "Why? The 'cucumber' thing?" Sooyoung innocently blinked. "GAAAAH! You're saying it again!"

"Hehe, okay okay. Sorry about that, I forgot that you detest cucumbers so much." Sooyoung chuckled. "CHOI SOOYOUNG!"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" Sooyoung said. She noticed that Jeongmin became quiet. "Lee Jeongmin? Are you okay?" She asked. "Ah? Oh.... Yes, yes I am." He said, looking away. *Something smells fishy...*

----

After class, Nayoung went to her locker along with Sooyoung and Jessica. "What's that?" Jessica asked, pointing at a pink string hanging on Nayoung's locker. Nayoung quickly opened her locker and saw a pink box. Inside it was a chocolate cupcake with light pink frostings. Aside from the cupcake, there was a pink mini envelope and one pink rose tied with pink string in it that is attached with the envelope. She opened the pink envelope, inside it was a letter with neat handwriting in it. 

'To Jang Nayoung,

I'm thanking God that He gave you 3 precious things: Your smile, your laugh and your lips... 

Keep on smiling, it lights my world...

Your secret admirer"

"He really likes you!"

"Ahhhh~ I'm so jealous at you, Nayoungie!"

Nayoung remained quiet... But she smiles very wide. The 'secret admirer', secretly watched the scene. His lips curved a smile at the sight. "Nayoung, I'm glad you liked my gift..."

----

Sooyoung was on her way to the library when she bumped on Jeongmin. "Oh, Jeongmin-ah... Sorry about that..." Sooyoung bowed. "It's okay, noona~" He replied, with a song tone and happily skipped away. Sooyoung looked at him, confused. "What's with him?" She asked herself. Just then, a thought came into her mind. "Can it be..." She said and started following him. Her thoughts was right, Jeongmin was Nayoung's secret admirer. She noticed the way he looks at Nayoung's locker, "Way different from a best friend's gaze..." She quietly mumbled. Jeongmin turned around, and sighed.

"My dear Nayoung, I want you to be my prom date... But, I can't tell you personally... For I am too shy..." He sighed once again. "I wish I can be as confident as Donghyun-hyung... But, I'm glad you liked the cupcakes I personally made... Those were filled with love, and passion. I hope you feel the same way..." He slid the pink envelope inside the locker and left. Sooyoung, who got out of her hiding place, smiled. "Jeongmin... Nayoung felt the same way..." She paused for a bit and think of something to make the two be a couple. "AHA! This is perfect~" She pumped her fist and pulled out her phone. "Annyeong? Donghyun-ah? Ne, this is Sooyoung... I need your help..."

----

Nayoung kept on staring at the cupcake she just recieved, and smiled. "You know, I just felt light after recieving you..." 

"You're talking to lifeless things again?" She looked up, it's Jeongmin, with his smile on. "You know, you're weird." He said, poking her forehead.

"I know right. I'm the weirdest person here in our campus." She laughed. "You got another cupcake from him?" He sat beside Nayoung.

"Oh... From my admirer? Yes... It's funny, though. He kept using pink... If I were him? I would've thought that PINK is not the only color in the world." She chuckled a bit, making Jeongmin look down to his feet. "S-sorry..." He slowly played his fingers. "Hmm?" Nayoung looked at him. "Oh... It's nothing!" He said, looking away. 

"Who's weird now?" Nayoung started laughing. A smile crept on Jeongmin's face as he watched her laugh. 

----

While walking home, Nayoung passed by a dress shop. She admired the pink mini dress, which is in the shop's display. She sighed as she looked at herself. "Will I ever wear that dress? Hmm..." She sighed once again. "You will be wearing that because you will be going to prom..." Nayoung turned around and saw Sooyoung walking towards her. "Unnie!" 

"I know who your admirer is..." Sooyoung smiled as she pulled Nayoung inside the shop. "Jinjja? Who?" She asked. "You'll know when the prom day comes..." Sooyoung winked, leaving Nayoung confused. 

That night, they bought the dress, and also bought some make-up since Nayoung doesn't have one at her home. Sooyoung took her home, and thanked her for the dress and make-up. When she arrived at her room, she gazed at the dress. A smile crept on her face and went out to change.

----

Sooyoung, Jessica and the Boyfriend members, except Jeongmin, had a meeting. "Are you guys done with the preparations?"

"I told Yuna-noona and Choa-noona about it, and she said that she is happy to be part of the plan." Minwoo happily announced. "I asked Leeteuk-sunbaenim to help us, and they accepted it." Donghyun added. Jessica's eyes widened. "You mean... T-the kingkas, Super J-junior, will help us?" She stuttered. Donghyun nodded, while Sooyoung just smirked. "Well, it's Sooyoung-noona's idea after all..." Youngmin said. Jessica looked at Sooyoung. "What?" Sooyoung innocently asked. 

"Aish... Nevermind." Jessica mumbled and told the boys to continue. 

"Hyunseong-hyung and I thought of this... Since the prom will be held next week at 6pm, why not tell them to come at 9pm? And tell them that the theme of the party is 'Masquerade Madness'.. Something like that!" Youngmin said. "Good idea, Youngmin!" Kwangmin clapped his hands. "Let's hope our plans will work~" Sooyoung said, holding her hands together.

----

A few weeks passed and Sooyoung, along with Jessica, Super Junior, Yuna and Choa, and the Boyfriend members were all busy preparing for the D-day. Even the school's student council volunteered some help. Nayoung, on the other hand, is still recieving gifts from Jeongmin, aka, her admirer. She was a bit confused after seeing the gifts, which she was expecting to be all pink, changed to blue. The next day, its color is purple, and yellow on the next. The girls texted Nayoung to come at 9 in the evening wearing the pink dress and a mask. The boys also did the same.

The night has come and all the students are enjoying the event. "I'm so excited~" Jessica clapped her hands. "Sooyoung-ah, are you sure the plan will work?" Siwon asked. "Let's just trust her and wish for its success, hyung." Kyuhyun said. The clock striked nine and all the students went home except Jessica, Sooyoung and the others... "Make sure everything is all settle, Nayoung and Jeongmin will be here in a few minutes..." Sooyoung said. The gymnassium door opened and revealed Nayoung with a blue mask. They quickly went to their hiding place and watched Nayoung walk inside. "Hmmm... Where is everybody?" She mumbled. Just then, the door opened again. It was Jeongmin with a white half mask on. Nayoung turned around and saw him, but she can't recognized it clearly because it's a little dark and the only light source is the colorful disco ball in the center of the hall.

"A-a-annyeong..." She bowed. *Is he my admirer?*

Just then, slow music played in the scene. Jeongmin looked at Nayoung and walked towards her. "May I have this dance?" He said. Nayoung nodded and smiled. As they walked at the middle, Nayoung was literally blushing since Jeongmin holds her hands. *Thanks to the mask and the dimmed lights...*

He puts his hands on her waist, while Nayoung puts her hands on Jeongmin's right shoulder... And slowly, they started dancing.

While dancing, they looked deeply into their eyes... Like they were the only one in the world. They ignored everything around them, they just continued dancing. It's like time stopped around them and everything seems very magical. 

"Can I request something?" They both asked, making them laugh. "You go first.." Nayoung said. "No, it's okay. Lady's first, right?" Jeongmin chuckled. "Okay, here it goes." She sighed. "Can you take off your mask?" She asked, looking down. "That's what I'm going to ask you." He said. "What if... We'll take off our masks at the same time?" He suggested. "Okay!" Nayoung happily said. "hana... deul... set!" Together, they removed their masks. 

"Jeongmin?!?" Nayoung started blushing.

"Nayoung?"

"You are m-m-my a-a-admirer?" Jeongmin looked down and nodded. "S-sorry if I kept it as a secret... I didn't told you about it because you are my best friend... And I don't want to break our friendship because of this but.." He paused for a bit.

"I really like you, I really do. And I really want you to be my prom date. When I caught you being ranted by other girls because you are tomboyish... I felt like my world's been wrecked by a thousand people. Because I know you are a lady, ignore what they've said to you... You are born to be a lady, a smart, caring, down-to-earth, humble one. You have that smile and laugh that made my world light up. I can't say this to you personally because I am shy and I alway got chickened out... So, will you my be girl?" He said, and held her hands. Nayoung just stand there, blushing so much, and can't believe on what's happening. "Jeongmin, I have something to tell you, also..." She breathed in and said, "I like you, too." 

His eyes twinkled and a smile appeared on his face. "So... It's a yes?" Nayoung nodded and smiled. Because of all the emotions, Jeongmin suddenly hugged Nayoung... 

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! OH MY GOSH THAT'S THE SWEETEST THING I'VE EVER SAW!" Jessica yelled, standing up on her hiding place. "Unnie?!?" Nayoung's eye widened. "Aish..." Sooyoung stood up, and the others did the same...

"You guys are all here all this time?" She asked. "Yup, we don't want to miss this event~ Congrats on you two, you guys have my blessings.." Sooyoung winked. Jeongmin looked at his fellow members. "You guys are part of this?" 

"Congrats, hyung!" Minwoo said. "The mask thingie is my idea!" Youngmin shouted. Hyunseong glared at him. "No, OUR idea.. hehe"

"I'm completely jealous." Jessica pouted. "Hmmm... Jealous?" Donghae walked towards Jessica and knelt down. "Jessica Jung, will you be my girlfriend?" 

"OH MY GOSH YES, OPPA! YES!" Jessica squealed in excitement and hugged Donghae. Everybody laughed at them. "I guess Jeongmin's title as 'Everybody's Jeongmin' is removed." Eunhyuk said. "How so?"

"He's officially 'Nayoung's Jeongmin'." 

"Aishhh, sunbaenim..." Jeongmin blushed. 


Not the best ending, right? lolll

comment your views ^^