Final.

Fix the Broken Glass

    Once again, everyone was looking at her. A nasty look plastured on their faces as she walked through the hallway. "Ugh, look at the way she dresses." One of the girls whispered to her friend. What's wrong with what she was wearing today? All she was wearing was a yellow dress with a white knitted sweater over it, with a pair of white flats. Her backpack was a floral-beige backpack with a panda head keychain. "She looks like a hobo." Her friend said and laughed along with the girl. To his opinion, she looked nothing like a hobo. Her short, brown hair fit her unlike the other girls who tries to hard to get his attention. In fact, she looked like a sunflower to him, that did not bloom. 

She glared at the two girl's direction and walked toward them. She smirked and grabbed the Starbucks coffee in of the girl's hands and poured all over both of their hairs. "Says the one who has their hair smelled like coffee now, . " The girl smirked before leaving to her locker. "Yah! You! Jinri-ah!!" The girls yelled in unison and ran to the girl's bathroom through the hallway full of laughter. 

He walked up beside her locker. Jinri peeked at who it was. Yet again, it was Tao. The most popular boy in her school. Almost all the girls in her school surrounds his locker, which was beside hers. "Yah, why couldn't you come to your locker before I came?" She said coldly and closed her locker. "Well, how am I suppose to know when you're going to go to your locker?" He said and left to his English class. Jinri scoffed before heading to her biology class. Tao stopped and looked behind and smiled before continuing. "I must've had the best locker ever." He said quietly.

 

"Okay, class. We're going to be doing a friend quiz today." The class cheered. "You guys can go to any classes to get a friend for you to quiz on." Maybe I can quiz Jinri. Tao thought and smiled. "Grab a piece of paper and pencil and line up in the hallway." Everybody rushed out into the hallway as soon as the teacher said so. "When can we go?" Baejin, one of his classmates asked. "Ah… you guys can go right now! Bring them out here near the canteen once you've found a friend, okay?" They all nodded and ran to each classes to find their friend. Tao rushed to check each class to find Jinri. 

"Is Jinri in this class?" Tao peeked through the door. The teacher pointed to Jinri who was studying a frog with Hyunwoo. "Jinri-ah, Tao is here to see you and may I ask why so?" Jinri took off her saftey glasses and looked at him. "Oh, songsaenim asked us to do a friend quiz and I picked Jinri. May I?" The girls glared at Jinri, like lasers shooting out of their eyes. The teacher nodded and let Jinri leave the class. "Why'd you pick me? I'm not even considered your friend, Tao." Jinri frowned. "I don't care. I don't want to pick the other girls that begged me to pick them. Now, come on." Tao dragged her to the canteen to meet all his classmates with their friend. "Okay! Everyone has got their buddy to interview right?" They nodded. The teacher counted the students incase she missed someone. "Alright! Lets go in the canteen. You guys should be lucky that we're going into the canteen." 

"Why, songsaenim?" Hoya asked as he searched for a seat. "You get to eat earlier than the other students!" The teacher answered and smiled as she prepared ramen noodles for herself. "Give me food before you quiz me." Jinri said and got up. Tao grabbed her wrist before she could go. "Aish, fine. What do you want?" Jinri dragged Tao to the variety of foods that they had. "Um, buldak!" Tao grabbed some buldak and fried rice. He quickly payed for the meal before heading back to the table. 

One of the girls that got poured by the coffee Jinri had poured on her stopped by their table. "Ugh, why did you pick Jinri here as your person to quiz on?" The girl made another disgusted look at Jinri. She looked up and laughed. The girl's hair was all poofy or an afro with a pink comb stuck at the bottom of it. Tao laughed a bit. "Well, why not?" She scoffed. "Cause' she's a ." Jinri got up and Tao also did. "What did you just call me, you afro head." Tao got between them as soon as they started to get closer.

"Guys, please don't do this. You know, Baekjin. You could've just walk past by us instead of stopping. We wouldn't have this 'about to be' argument." Jinri sat back down when Baekjin continued walking back to her seat. "Thanks for that, Tao." Jinri stuffed with the buldak and rice. "Ah, your welcome Ji-" Jinri forgot that it wasn't just regular chicken. It was spicy and the rice was also hot. "Tao! Give me water!" Jinri shouted. Tao was startled but quickly grabbed a bottle of water. She drank the bottle of water and sighed. "Aish. Why did I get buldak~" Tao laughed.

"Is everyone done with their quiz?" Everyone nodded. "Is anyone not done with it?" Tao raised his hand and looked around if anybody else besides him did not finish. Heck, Tao and Jinri didn't even start the friend quiz. "Since it's just you and Jinri. You two can stay here until you finish. Jinri, I'll tell your teacher that you have to stay at the canteen until you guys finish." They nodded and the class dismissed. 

 

"Okay, first question." Jinri looked at Tao. "What is your ideal type?" Tao looked back Jinri and waited for her answer. "Are you sure that's on the quiz?" Jinri tried to grab the piece of paper but Tao got up and ran outside the school but tripped on a rock. Landing face down and Jinri on top of his back. Jinri got off his back and laid down, facing the sky. Tao did the same. "But seriously, what is your ideal type?" She turned his head towards him. "Why would you want to know?" Tao turned his heads toward her also. "Just curious." She turned her head back to the sky and watched the clouds. "Well, my ideal type is someone who is caring and has a good sense of humor." She smiled. Tao looked at her face. She was beautiful also her smile. Her smile is like the one thing that his heart can't handle. She's not mean nor cold around him. Jinri was his ideal type. "We need to finish this, Tao before songsaenim gets mad at us." Tao kept staring at her face as she turned her head. "Tao?" She poked his forehead which made he sit up. Jinri laughed and got up. Helping Tao up also. "Ah-ah. Yes. Finish the friend quiz." 

"You know? You're not like the other guys I have met." Jinri said out of the blue as Tao was writing down the anwers. "I'm Zi Tao. What do you expect?" Jinri her lips. "I thought that you were going to be like a guy that played with many of the girls' hearts." Tao looked away from the paper and to her. "Are you done?" She asked. Tao nodded and the two got up. "You really think that I will be that type of guy?" Jinri nodded. Tao stopped and pushed Jinri to the wall. "You really think?" Jinri was startled by his sudden action. His face was close to hers. Their lips were just inches away. "I thought you would be a mean . Like what the others say." He smirked and backed away. 

"Look, I don't care if they call me a ing ." Jinri said and walked past Tao and into her class. Tao frowned and went back to his class. 

End of the day.

Jinri walked onto the grass and sat down. She looked up at the sky again and smiled. Tao saw her and sat beside her. "Why do you keep looking up at the sky and smile?"   She stopped and look at him. "The sky is like a canvas. The clouds can be anything you want." Tao looked up at the sky. I guess the sky helps her repair that shattered glass. 

"Seriously! Why is she here with you again Tao oppa?!" One of the girl classmates of Tao's asked. "I came here. She didn't co-" Jinri got up. "Go hang out with your friends. He probably doesn't even care, okay?" The girl looked at Jinri and was about to speak but, "I don't care!" Jinri said and crushed the bag of chips the girl had and left. "Aish. Can they leave him alone for once?" She said quietly before heading home. Not knowing that Tao was following her.

 

Tao knocked on her door. "Oh! Are you a friend of Jinri's?" Mrs. Choi asked. "Yes ma'm." Mrs. Choi nodded and let him in. "Jinri-ah! One of your friends us here!" She shouted. Jinri ran downstairs. "Jiyoung-ah?" She peeked from the wall. Mrs. Choi shook her head. "Wrong. Tao." Tao said and smiled. Mrs. Choi went back into the kitchen. "What are you doing here?" She asked, "And how'd you know where I live?" Tao scratched the back of his head. "I followed you home…" 

"You followed me? Why?" Jinri asked again. "To ask if you would like to go to the haunted house with me? Deathrow. All my other friends were busy." He said. Tao wanted to spend time with Jinri after the quiz. "Deathrow?" Jinri tilted her head. Tao laughed and ruffled her hair. "Don't. Touch my hair." She said quietly. "Want to come?" Jinri bit her lip. "Ah okay. Why not." She smiled and Tao felt his heartbeat. "Umma, Appa. I'll be going to Deathrow with Tao. Bye~" She hugged her parents before leaving. 

Waiting in line.

"Ah!" Jinri screamed as she saw a man similar to the guy from Jeepers Creepers. Jinri went beisde Tao and went beside him, while hiding her face under his arm. Tao laughed. "Yah! Not funny." She pouted. "I'll stay behind you the whole time." She said. "And Tao, you can call me Sulli. Since you seem closer to me now." Jinri smiled. "I'll call you Tao oppa also." Tao smiled. "Okay Sulli-ah." 

"Are you guys ready to get in Deathrow?" The person by the entrance asked. Jinri shook her head while Tao nodded. "Oh~ What a cute girl~" A person said with a white bandaged costume, with blood stains on it. Jinri went to the opposite side of Tao as she hid her face. The person near the entrance laughed. "Alright guys, you can go on in and pay for the tickets." Tao led out a hand and Jinri grabbed it. 

"Um sir, how much is the ticket?" Tao asked. "Ten dollars." Tao took out his money. "Ah, um. I don't have my money…" Tao smiled. "I'll pay." Jinri thanked him and grabbed the ticket. As they were about to enter. Jinri held onto Tao's hand tighter. Tao changed interwined their fingers together. 

Jinri walked infront of Tao. "Tickets?" She handed hers as Tao did also. As they walked through, Jinri didn't realize that there would be a person standing there. She thought it was just a display but the person scared her. "Wah! Oppa~" Jinri screamed. Tao laughed. "Ani, I change my mind, Tao-ah. You be infront of me." They changed positions. Jinri didn't know that the back would be scared the most. 

At the end of Deathrow.

"Ah~ I'm going to die." Jinri complained. Tao put his arm around Jinri's shoulder. "That's not the end of it." Tao smirked. Jinri looked at him. "We're going to go to the Deadland place." She hit his chest. "This won't be too scary. I'll protect you." Jinri stuck out her tongue. "You better." She said quietly.

 

After going into the Deadland.

"Why did you take the long path instead of the short path!?" Jinri complained as she sat infront of the fire. Tao apologized. "Sulli-ah…" Tao took out a sharpie and took Jinri's hand. Tao wrote 'Would you go out with me?' Jinri looked at it and looked back at Tao. "Tao… I'm not sure if I could date a guy again." Tao bit his lip. "So you would date lesbians?" Jinri shook her head. "Sulli-ah, I know how you felt in middle school. I was in the same middle school as you. Now your glass has been shattered. I'm trying to repair it. I'm not like the other guys, please?" Jinri shook her head still. Tao sighed and kissed her lips. Jinri's eyes were wide. 

Tao broke the kiss. "I won't leave you." He said with a look of seriousness placed on his face. Jinri gave in. "Yes, I would go out with you. The days you spent with me… you repaired half of the shattered glass. Now you need to finish the other half. " Jinri gave him a warm smile. "Don't worry, I will." Tao said and smiled back.

 

 

Author's Note:

I got into it until the end when my parents kept calling since they went to their friend's house. What did you guise think? .o. I think I need to re-write it.