My Final Decision

Weeping Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Final Chapter: My Final Decision ▬

 

 

If I could go back to that time, then I would’ve said it.

Those few words…

 

December 15th, 2013. Monday. 10AM.

 

I groaned as the sun’s illuminating light brushed against my bare face. Sluggishly, I squirmed in my bed and covered my face with a pillow, hoping to block the sun. I was about to revisit my dreams when my alarm clock suddenly vibrated.

“Wah!” I yelped as my body instinctively reacted to the sudden noise. At that moment, unluckily, my head bumped against the top portion of the bunk bed, making me clutch my head as I moaned in pain.

“Good morning, Joongie~” I heard him say as he entered the door with two mugs of coffee, chuckling as usual.

“ ’Morning my ,” I replied, still rubbing my head.

He chuckled again as he placed one of the mugs on the table and stirred the other, eyeing me. “Still can’t get used to the place after a year?”

“Late bloomer?”

“Heh, nice try.”

Silence filled the room as both of us remained quiet. The whispers of the wind and the call of the birds, along with the constant chatter of the people below us, were all that we heard. I sighed as I glanced at the calendar and saw the red, splotched, circle around the 15th, which I placed last year during that same day.

It’s hard to believe it has been a year since then.

“Still thinking about her?” he asked, breaking the silence.

“You already know the answer to that, “U Know” Yunho,” I smirked. I stood up, grabbed and drank the coffee in one shot, and said thanks to him.

“Yah, don’t drink like that,” he warned. “It’s bad for your health.”

While he was busy staring at my now empty mug, I quickly changed, seized my jacket that was hanging behind the door, and started to head downstairs. Once I was in front of the door, I turned the knob and at that moment, he cold winter wind graced my entire figure as I took a step outside. I turned around to find a worried Yunho and gave him a reassuring smile.

“Hmm? Last time I checked you were a cop, Yunho, not a doctor,” I said, “You can’t always worry about me all the time, you know?” I snickered, “Pun intended.”

“Jae-”

“Just going for a walk, if that’s what you’re about to ask. No need to worry, I’ll be fine.” I took another step and was about to go down the steps but turned around again, “Oh, and no need for backup. I can handle myself.”

With those words, I left him, still with the worried expression evident on his face.

 

══════ 

 

I round the corner to the street in front of the café where I was supposed to meet with her last year, with the same things I was going to hand to her: her favorite bouquet of white roses and the one thing that I’ve been dying to give to her… the ring.

I just stood there and faced the same way as I have faced the last time I came to this very same place. The place I wish I could have long forgotten, the place where I wish I could have buried in the deepest parts of my heart, the place… where I lost her.

 

December 15th 2012. Monday. 11:55AM.

 

Winter, the coldest one yet, recorded in history of Korea, and I’m here, in the freezing cold, waiting to meet someone. I don’t mind though since that ‘someone’ is about to become the person whom I will live with for rest of my life. Who is this lucky girl you ask? Well, she’s none other than Lee Sunghee, the love of my life.

Sunghee and I planned to meet in front of this café, La Vie, for our third anniversary, but what she did not know was that she was in for a surprise. I was going to propose to her.

I know what you might think. Cliché, right? Nah, I hate all those fluffy stuff that you see in dramas or novels. I want this event to be the most memorable one ever. So I planned to-

Wait. Never mind. I hate spoilers so you’ll see what I’ll do in a few minutes. You’ll be in for a surprise and say that I’m the best, haha. Just kidding, but seriously though; it took me three months to think of this scenario so it will definitely be the best you will ever see.

I glanced at my watch and smiled, “Just five more minutes.”

I scanned the vicinity and waited to find the person who I was waiting for. A few minutes have passed and I finally saw her coming out of a building.

Lee Sunghee.

“Gotcha,” I smirked. I waved both of my hands up in the air, like the frantic person that I was, hoping to catch her attention. People passing by were glancing at me, which made me twitch and I decided to stop my failed attempt in catching her attention.

“Aish, this girl,” I let out a small laugh, still glued to her figure far in the distance. Hey, my personality tells me that I should be frustrated right now, making me feel embarrassed like that, but since this is a special day, I’ll let it go, but just this once. Call me malicious and despicable, but that’s just how I was born, okay? Along with my gorgeous looks, of course.

I decided to call her instead. Thank god for technology. Once she picked up, I let out an irritated tone.

“Yah, Lee Sunghee.”

“O-ppa?” her voice was a bit leaning towards a tone of concern.

“Where are you now?” I asked, still looking at her. She, on the other hand, was fidgeting with the hem of her scarf. I found it a bit suspicious and slowly walked towards her direction.

“I’m almost there, oppa. Just a few more minutes,” she replied.

“Are you nearby? I can pick you up since I brought my car with-”

“No!”

“Huh?”

“I mean, I-I can manage.”

“Lee Sunghee.”

“I have to go, see you later, Jae oppa, nae?” She hung up.

I apprehensively eyed my phone and grew more curious, “What the?”

Slowly, I crossed the street and Sunghee and I were only a few feet apart. She was still fidgeting with her scarf and I believe she hasn’t seen me yet. I walked towards her but a man suddenly appeared and grabbed her hand.

“It’s been a while,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter