"Was he as attractive as I was?"

Know Your Name

I sat in my seat as I listened to the professor in business law. I was about 15 minutes late, so it pretty much that I am completely lost in what he was saying. I sighed to myself as I examined the rest of the classroom. It was a huge room and everyone had their laptops out. I didn’t even get the memo about bringing laptops, so here I sat, struggling with a notebook and pen to keep up with the professor as much as possible.


   YN0jRS9zKpZlhm34QRzItEX1De3O27rJ_dSshxzi

 

Suddenly, an outburst from the back of the classroom came crashing in. Everyone turned their heads towards the double doors behind us. A guy came running into the classroom, panting as he apologized to the teacher, “Sorry Professor Dinosaur.” He said between his pants,

 

“It’s Professor Dinardo, Mr. Park. But you have yet again failed to come on time for the sixty thousands time.” My professor said in a stern voice.

 

“Whattttt up Jehan, over here!” His group of obnoxious jock boys in the corner of the room called and waved for him.

 

I took a close look at this guy named Jehan, I squinted to see his face more clear even through my glasses, it was the weird guy from earlier! The one that was talking to me at the directory and pointed to where I should be at! I covered my face as much as possible with my text book, crossing my fingers that he didn’t notice me.

 

He caught his breath and made his way towards his friends as he looked around, I peeked from behind my book to make sure he was sitting down already, he turned and looked at me, he smiled.

 

I then quickly covered myself with the textbook, he saw me! What luck do I have?! He was so weird. I do not want to be friends with someone as weird as him.

 

He made his way towards me as his friends call him countless times wondering where he was heading. He took a seat beside me as I scooted my chair over to get as far as possible from him, “What do you want?!” I said in a whispering mean tone.

 

He chuckled as he set his book bag down, “Nothing, trying to pay attention in class. I can’t sit down? I mean, I did pay my tuition like everyone else in here...”

 

Well, that’s kind of true... I set my book down quietly and turned my attention towards the professor, realizing I was kind of overreacting for no reason. He smiled beside me and turned his attention towards the professor as well.

 

He took out his laptop and slid it towards me, “Use it.” He whispered.

 

I shook my head as I pushed it back towards him, “No, it’s fine. I have my notebook.”

 

I gave him a polite smiled as I held up my pen and book to show him.

 

“It would be quicker if you used my laptop though. I don’t mind, really.”

 

The people behind us shushed as to keep us quiet.

 

I sunk down in my seat a little and apologized and turned to Jehan and shushed him, knitting my eyebrows at him. I then turned to the teacher to pay him my full attention as I wrote down small notes he said.

 

Out of nowhere, his oh so attractive voice whispered in my ear, “My name’s Jehan, by the way.” His voice made my body tingle all over, my face turned hot, and I’m pretty sure my face was all pink. I turned away and let my hair block my face.

 

He made me blush. Oh god, how embarrassing!

 

I then stood up on impulse, causing all of my classmates eyes and my professor to stare at me,
“Uhhh, I have to go...”

Everyone watched as I grabbed my things and stormed quickly and nervously out of class.

 

I was walking down the hallway cursing to myself under my breath, “Ugh, why did I just do that?!” I slapped myself on the forehead. I’m such an idiot. All he did was introduce himself and I stormed out of the classroom. Who does that?! Of course. Me.

 

I walked outside of the building into the fall season of Seattle, I made my way towards the pay phone, I slipped in a few coins and made a call to Philly (Philadelphia)

 

“Hello?” I heard on the other line, a scratchy but deep voice.

 

“Yah! Tae Hee, did you just now wake up?” I scolded him on the phone to hear him groan.


“Jae, did you forget that there’s a three hour difference from Seattle and Philly?” He gave me an attitude, oh wait, he’s right! It’s  9AM here, so it’s 7AM over there... Whoops!  He still had his morning voice, fighting to stay awake to argue with me, “But what do you want anyways?”

 

“Don’t talk to me like you don’t want to speak to me!!” I pouted, I know he wants to speak to me.

 

He whispered something under his breath that I couldn’t hear, probably complaining, but I ignored it.

“I just embarrassed the hell out of myself!” I said embarrassingly, “Some guy introduced himself to me and I ran out of the class like a complete idiot.”

 

He chuckled on the other end, I missed his deep but charming voice, “Typical. Didn’t you just start school today Jae?”


I nodded as if he could see me, “yeah...” I said under my breath in an agreeing tone, he wasn’t wrong at all... I managed to embarrass myself on my first day...

 

“So why’d you run out of the room? Did he sway you? Was he as attractive as I was?”

 

I my teeth and banged my head on the pay phone booth, “Man, I dunno. It just happened. He whispered his name into my ear and up I ran!”

 

“... Wait Jae, why are you calling me from an 1-800 number?”

 

“I'm calling you from a pay phone, I have yet to get a cell phone. Wait, Tae, I gotta go! I have a next class to attend soon and I have nooooo idea where it’s located. See ya, love you!” I then hung up and searched around.

 

He chuckled to himself and fell back to sleep.

 

- 2 Hours Later -

I sighed and blew on my bangs as I walked slowly through this small crowd of fast pace people, my second class was horrid. At least I can have the rest of the day to relax, time to go home and make myself a sandwich!

 

I walked faster towards the bus stop with the thought of a sandwich in mind, it’s sad that it’s the only thing I have to look forward to.

 

x Jehan P.O.V x

 

“What was that all about anyway bro?” Junior then asked as we walked towards my car, referring to the girl he thinks is nuts!

 

I shrugged, “I met her earlier this morning when walking towards Professor D’s. She’s pretty cute though, isn’t she?” I chuckled as I press the unlock button, heading towards the drivers seat.

 

He walked around the car towards the passenger seat, shrugging, “I mean, I couldn’t see her face all that well considering she sped out of the class like she had to or something dude, I don’t know.”

 

I laughed at his response, he’s definitely an idiot. Hopefully, I see her again tomorrow in Business, finally something to look forward to when coming to school! Hopefully she doesn’t knows I’m *coughs* brother. Everyone is always attempting to get closer to me just because of that, and quite honestly it’s ing irritating. I bet she’s not like that.

 

“Dude, why are you smiling to yourself like a ing creep?” Junior commented as we drove down the road, of course he’d ruin my sudden trace of thoughts.

 

I pray she isn’t like everyone else...


Hi guys!!! :). So, how do you guys like it? Leave comments pleaseeee, I need opinions/motivation. I don't bite :3

It is JUST getting started guys, :).

 04/02/13 - 04/03/13  12:02AM

thanks for reading! xoxo ;*