2

I Love You, Noona

“Noona, wait, Noona!!!”

Ricky runs towards HaNa. HaNa rolled her eyes. Sighed, what does he want now?

“What now?”

“Is it true? That now you…. You and…. You….” Ricky still try to stabilized his breath from running.

“Ah ppali, I want to get some paper done now.”

“Is it true that you and Minsoo hyung date?”

HaNa startled. “Really? You run away like this just to ask this question, Ricky? Really?”

Ricky nodded. HaNa looked at him in disbelief. She walks away, but Ricky quickly grab her hand. “Please, Noona. Answer me.”

HaNa letting go of Ricky’s hand. She’s had enough of this kid. 

“Listen to me Ricky, what is it to you if I’m dating him or not? There’s nothing to do with you anyway, right?!”

“But I love you, Noona, please…”

“What do you know about love, Ricky? If you love me you would’ve listened to me when I said I didn’t, right? You would’ve listen to me to get over it. But what? Did you do all the things I sincerely asked you? No. So what now?!”

Ricky fell silent. HaNa looked at him pityly. I’m sorry, Ricky. This is for you own good.

“HaNa, why are you still here? I thought you’re going to finish your paper in the library.” Minsoo suddenly shows up. 

“Do you want to know the answer?” asked HaNa. Ricky looked at her in confusion.

HaNa grabbed Minsoo’s hand and kiss him on the lips. Ricky shocked. So does Minsoo. He doesn’t know what happened just now. HaNa let go of her kiss and looked at Ricky.

Ricky leave with a big hole on his heart. He still cannot believe what he just saw. His girl, kissing another guy. In front of him.

“Hey what are you doing just now, HaNa-yah?!” asked Minsoo still blurred about what’s actually happening.

“I’m sorry, Minsoo. I’m really sorry.”

Minsoo laughed. “It’s okay this lips is yours since 15 years ago anyway. But you have to tell me the reason now, because this lips said so.”

HaNa laughed a little and nodded. 

“Okay, let’s go to the library now, the paper won’t wait.”

 

***

 

“Stop it, Ricky-ah. This won’t solve anything.” Changjo grab the bottle of alcohol from his bestfriend’s hand.

“Ahhh, leave me alone, Changjo. I want to be alone right now!”

“No. I won’t leave you like this.”

“Whyyyy????? Huuuuuh? WHYYY??? All of the people doesn’t care about me anymore. My dad, even now my girl, HANA NOONA!” Ricky screamed.

“Please stop, Ricky. There’s still so many girls that loves you. Just forget her.”

“I cannot, Changjo. I cannot. She resembles my mother too much. I can’t forget her.” 

“Let’s go home, Ricky. You’re already too drunk.”

Changjo wakes Ricky up from his seat. He leads Ricky towards the exit.

“Wait, wait. You have to pay!” said the bartender.

“OH, I’m sorry, Ahjussi. Here.” Changjo gives the bartender some money.

“Wait, show me your ID first.”

“Eh? I… I don’t have my ID yet, Ahjussi.”

“Then how come you’re coming here? Who let you in? Ah, that door keeper really is a mess. Tell me your guardian number! I’ll call them.”

“But… but, Ahjussi…”

“No buts. Hurry.”

Changjo’s confused. He can’t call his parents, they’ll be so furious. He can’t call Ricky’s too. His father is out of the country right now. Ah! Chunji hyung.

“Here.” Changjo giving the bartender Chunji’s number. It seems like Chunji is not picking up. Has he already slept?

“Do you have other number? This person ain’t picking up his phone.”

“Who should we call, Ricky-ah?” Changjo shakes his bestfriend’s weak body a bit. Ricky just chuckled. “HaNa Noona…”

“Ah, majja!” Changjo pull out Ricky’s phone and give the number to the bartender. “Here ahjussi. Her name is Yong HaNa.”

 

*** 

 

HaNa shut down her laptop and put it on the floor. She got so many homework already eventhought it’s only the beginning of the semester. She stretched her body and sit in front of her make up table and put on some night cream when suddenly her phone rings.

“Eh, who called in this late time?” HaNa looked at the watch. It’s almost midnight. She can’t recognized the number either. But it’s from a house.

“Yeobuseyo?”

“Is this Yong HaNa?” asked the voice across the phone.

“Ne, I’m Yong HaNa. Who is this?”

“I’m calling from TOP Night Club. Your friend here, Changjo and Ricky are here and they don’t have their ID with them. So I want you to pick them up.”

“Eh, why me? I didn’t really know them.” said HaNa, confused.

“But… he said you’re his guardian.”

“What?!!!”

Changjo grabbed the phone. “Noona, it’s Changjo. Please help us. I need your help. I want to ask Chunji hyung but he doesn’t picking up his phone. Please noona, just this once.”

“Ahhh arrasseo!  This once okay.”

“Gomawo, Noona. Gomawo!”

Klik. HaNa hung up the phone and put on her cardigan. “This kids really… erghhh”

 

***

 

HaNa stopped her car in front of Ricky’s house. It’s a big house indeed. It’s alongside a big road and surrounded by other big houses. So the rumor about his father being a really successful business man is not a rumor after all. HaNa pat Ricky’s shoulder slowly.

“Ya, Ricky-ah ireona. We’re already in front of your house. Ricky-ah!”

Ricky moved a bit, HaNa stop patting him but then Ricky’s hand grab her hand and put it on his shoulder.

“Noona, wae?”

“Uh?”

“Why are you helping me? Don’t you hate me, for being such an immature kid that only gives problems to you?” he said. 

HaNa clucked. She try to let go of her hand but Ricky only grab it stronger.

“Go home, Ricky. You’re drunk.”

“I love you, Noona. Why can’t you understand? I’m not a kid anymore! I know what love is. Love is not giving up do you know that Noona? I don’t care if you already has a boyfriend. I don’t care. I love you.”

“Ricky, I said go home. Get some sleep. We talk about this after you’re sober okay.”

“NO! You have to understand, Noona. Now. I love you!” HaNa is getting sick with this. This kid really is something. A stubborn kid really.

She get out from the car and pull Ricky out. “Please listen to me for just once. Go to sleep, Ricky. We will talk about this after you sober.”

“I’m not drunk anymore, Noona. I can see you clearly. I can think clearly too. Can’t you understand me, Noona?!”

“I understand you, Ricky! I don’t want you to get hurt, can’t you see?! You still young, you should’ve experienced a great sweet love with the girl who is at your own age. It’s different for me. I already pass that phase, Ricky-ah… So please… stop loving me okay.”

“I don’t want to, Noona. I don’t need that experience. I need you. You said you understand me but why are you asking me to forget you?! I love you, Noona. I love you. YOU!”

“Stop it, Ricky. Stop saying those words.”

HaNa give up. She leaves Ricky standing there and going back to her car. She didn’t realize, an uncontrolled car with a superfast speed is heading towards her.

“Noona, watch out!”

BRAKKKKKK!

A loud crash is heard all over the neighborhood. HaNa feels dizzy her head is hitting the road. Her sight is blurred and her legs is in pain. People already crowded around her. 

“She’s okay. She’s waking up now!”

HaNa can hear people is chattering around here. “Rick… Ricky… Ricky-ah…”

“Do you know, him, Miss?” asked one of them. 

“What do you mean?” asked HaNa. Her vision is getting clearer and clearer. She sees a body lying across her. Not moving.

“RICKY!!!! RICKY!!!!”

HaNa get up from the road. She try to reach the body that lie across her.

“Ricky-ah andwae!!!!! Ricky-ah please wake up. Please!!!!”

“Noo…. Noona… HaNa Noona…”

“Ricky-ah. I’m here!” HaNa teared. She holds Ricky’s hand tightly. “It’s okay, ambulance is going to be here soon, don’t worry okay.”

“I… I love you, Noona. You’re so beautiful. Saranghae.”

“Ssssh…. Don’t talk too much. Please, Ricky-ah.”

“I’m sorry, Noona, for loving you… a..and make you suffer… I.. I didn’t mean to. I should’ve… I…”

“No, shhhh shhh, please don’t talk okay… please.”

“Noona, do you know…. You..re…really look….like my mother… She’s beautiful… cheerful… loving… just like you, Noona. HaNa Noona.”

HaNa cried. “Noona, please don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry because of me…. It hurts me….”

“I won’t, okay I won’t” HaNa wipe her tears and smiling. Ricky smiled too with his remaining strength. "Please Ricky, hang on, okay!"

“I’m happy, Noona, for loving you. Thank you for letting me love you…. Mianhaeyo, Noona. Saranghae.”