1

I Love You, Noona

It’s a bright sunny day at TOP Center of Education. All the students from kindergarten to university all enjoying the weather so much. It’s the first day of coming back to school and all of the students looks pretty excited. But it’s not actually because it’s the first day of school though, it’s because a 2nd grade high school student, Ricky.

“Noona, noona. Please accept my love, Noona!” Ricky down on his knees. His cute face looks so nervous in front of the girl he truly love. Yong HaNa, a 2nd year on TOP University, who is 3years older than him.

HaNa looked at him in disbelief. This kiddo really is something. What’s the point of telling it in front of everybody? So that she cannot reject him? She already told him thousand times. She doesn’t like him. He’s still a kid. What to do?

“Ricky, please. You already know my answer, right? Telling it in front of everybody won’t change my mind.” 

HaNa grab Ricky’s shoulder and make him stand up. “Go find someone whose on your age, arra?”

HaNa turned away and leave Ricky there frozen. It’s the fifth time HaNa rejects him. He still cannot believe all of his effort still cannot melts his noona’s heart. Is it really wrong liking someone who’s older. He’s a man. Not a kid anymore. He already 17 years old. He’s legal.

“Cheer up, dude. HaNa noona is right. Find someone your own age. Besides, you’re so popular in our school.” Changjo patted his bestfriend’s back. 

“But I only want her, Changjo-ah. What should I do?”

Changjo shrugged. There’s no point talking to Ricky anyway.

 

****

 

“I think you are a little bit harsh to him, HaNa.” said Minsoo, HaNa’s good friend. “How many time have you rejected him? Four? Five?”

HaNa shrugged and just continue on her meal. She’s getting bored on people telling her that she’s to mean to Ricky. Everyone. Not only Minsoo. When in class this morning, all the girls keep telling how she’s a meanie for rejecting such a cutie like Ricky.

“Ya, answer me.” Minsoo getting a little annoyed because HaNa ignores him.

“What should I say? He’s a kid, ya, jinjja. Do you think relationship is a joke?” Hana kicked her bestfriend’s foot. 

“Ouch. Ne ne, arra!!! Arra!!! But you really don’t have a little feeling for him? After all what he has done to you? I think he’s sweet you know. Not many people especially boys his age can express his love to he one he loves.”

HaNa look up to Minsoo. She cannot believe what she just heard. “Are you kidding me, Minsoo? Ya, you go date him if you want!”

“What are you talking about. I still like woman you know!”

HaNa laughes. But come to think of it. Ricky is actually a pretty sweet boy. Her heart is actually moved with all of his effort to get her. Especially the last day before their holiday.

 

***

 

“Yah are you kidding me? Minsoo you wanna die?!” HaNa talks on the phone to her bestfriend. Minsoo promise to pick her up after his basketball practice. It’s rainy outside with a big wind. HaNa already wet because she’s waiting on the bus stop near their department.

“I’m sorry, HaNa-yah. It’s really an emergency. Niel’s teacher is calling and I have to get to his school. Please, forgive me this once.”

“Eih, arrasseo. I’ll just wait for the bus.”

“Mianhae, HaNa. I promise I’ll make it up to you soon. Bye.”

Click. Minsoo hung up the phone. Niel is such a trouble maker. It’s like the third time Minsoo has to go see his teacher this week. Niel is a year older than Ricky and he still acts like an immature person. That’s why HaNa doesn’t want to date younger boys. It’s not funny if suddenly she gets a call from his teacher telling her that he’s in a trouble. I’m not a mommy, she said.

The rain is getting heavier and the bus still doesn’t show up. HaNa already feel cold. She forgot to bring her umbrella or a raincoat.

“Ahhhh my bad day!!!” 

“Noona, don’t scream to yourself, people will think you’re crazy!”

Ricky shows up and put his jacket over HaNa. He’s so freaking wet, his white uniform is all watery and makes it see-through. HaNa shocked because of his presence. How the hell can he got here?

“What are you doing here?” asked HaNa.

“Being with you.” he said smiling cutely. HaNa snort.

“I’m asking you seriously.”

“And I’m answering you seriously, Noona!” Now he’s laughing. HaNa give up. He can never be serious. 

“Hatchuuuu” Ricky sneezed. HaNa got shocked because of his sneeze. Ricky wipe his nose with his hand.

“Here, put this on, are you pabo?” HaNa take Ricky’s jacket off her and put it on Ricky. 

“No, noona will catch cold. Wear it, Noona I’m fine.” he said, then sneezed again.

“Don’t be such a kid. Here put this on. Ayhh this kid.”

HaNa take her handkerchief from her bag and wipe the water on Ricky’s face.

“Gomawoyo, Noona.” Ricky smile shyly. HaNa’s heart skip a bit just now. Ricky is actually so cute. If only he’s on her age. Maybe she won’t reject him.

“What are you actually doing here, anyway? Isn’t your school ended hours ago?” asked HaNa, again. Hoping she’s got a serious answer.

“Playing with Changjo. Then he’s going home with Chunji hyung so I make my way home then suddenly, it rained. And I saw noona here, so I came.” 

“Oh.” HaNa continued rubbing his wet hair. He really is soaking wet. Poor him. 

Tin! Tin!

“Oh the bus is here!!!”

HaNa get up from her seat and looking towards the bus that headed to their station. The bus is running quickly and splash all of the puddles.

“Noona!”

Brrrrshhhhhhhhhhhh. The water splashed all over the place when the bus stop right in front of her. HaNa closed her eyes. Ah she’s going to be soaking wet as well. But…. HaNa opened her eyes and she saw Ricky’s face only a few inches from hers. His eyes is closed and his body is full of water. 

“Yah, Ricky what are you doing?!”

“Noona, gwenchana? Ah, thanks God. Let’s go, Noona!”

Ricky grab her hand and dragged her to the bus. HaNa still cannot believe what Ricky did just now. Now he looks like he just got out of a shower. But he still smiling cutely and hold HaNa’s hand gently. It really touched her heart but she cannot make him see that she’s finally open up her heart.

“Gomapta, Ricky-ah.”

“Gwenchana, Noona. Saranghae!” he said, smiling. For like, a hundred time. But it’s the first time HaNa gets a shiver all over her body.

 

***

 

Changjo, Ricky, and Chunji sat on the cafeteria seats. Changjo tells Chunji what happen this morning and Chunji laugh his off.

“Ricky, Ricky, uri cutie maknae, Ricky. You really can’t forget her, huh?” said Chunji, still laughing.

Ricky nods. Changjo rolled his eyes, unsatisfied with Ricky’s reaction.

“Let me tell you this, that noona doesn’t like younger boys. Don’t you know she already has a boyfriend?!” 

Ricky and Changjo’s eyes widened. Boyfriend, he said?!

“Are you sure, hyung? As far as I know, HaNa noona doesn’t have a boyfriend.” said Changjo. “If she is, then why didn’t she tell Ricky?” Ricky nodded in agreement.

“Bang Minsoo. Do you know him? That hyung is her boyfriend.”

“It’ can’t be! Minsoo hyung is close with HaNa noona, but they’re not a couple!” said Ricky.

“Ahhh, don’t belive me all you want, but I’m in university too like them, I see them all the time, I can tell. Did you do this with your bestfriend who’s a boy?!”

Chunji Changjo’s cheek.

“Eh, hyung stop it!” Changjo get his hyung’s hand of his cheek. Chunji laugh so hard.

Ricky feels uneasy all of the sudden. Is it true? Minsoo hyung is…? I have to ask her!