Suite 1950: The Dutiful Son

Suite 1950: The Dutiful Son (Oneshot)

            Secrets are hidden behind the inky black door of Suite 1950. A class of elites seeks refuge in this exorbitant penthouse hidden away from the gossiping trophy wives of wealthy tycoons and the nosy journalists who have nothing better to discuss than the lives of these eligible heirs. There are six of them to be exact, all of whom have promising futures planned out for them since birth.

           They all know what is expected of them; it’s been shoved down their throats since before they could even comprehend the meaning of inheritance. They’ve never had much choice in regards to how they lived their lives, because their lives don’t belong to them; they belong to their parents and their grandparents. They are born and bred into perfect legacy holders for their perspective families and unless they are prepared for the consequences, they follow their families’ orders regardless of what they actually want and that’s what Yixing’s doing, following orders.

 

           Yixing leans forward into the mirror making sure his hair is perfectly coiffed to the right. He dons a stiff, white button up and yanks his suspenders into place, tightening them so that they stay on his shoulders throughout the night. The party is being held in his honor and as far as his parents are concerned, he must become the human manifestation of elegance itself, so as not to embarrass them during the night.

           “I knew you would be here,” Luhan says, peeking through the open bathroom door. “The others are here too.”

           Yixing starts at Luhan’s appearance, but he regains his composure quickly and fixes the black skinny untied tie draped around his neck. “You really shouldn’t sneak up on people like that,” he says, biting his tongue in concentration as he loops the tie into a knot.

           Luhan enters the bathroom and tugs Yixing’s shoulder, turning him so that they face one another. He tightens and sets the tie straight for Yixing, like he’s done so many countless times before when their parents or their friend’s parents threw parties they were expected to attend and sometimes on dates when they went to a fancy restaurant or gala. They knew how to knot ties by the time they were five; it’s akin to learning how to tie shoes for them. Once he finishes, Luhan tugs on Yixing’s suspenders and smoothes the wrinkles bunching at his shoulders.

           “You don’t need to dress me. I’m quite capable of doing it myself.” Yixing shrugs off his hands.

           “Sorry.” He steps back. “It’s hard to kick the habit.”

           Yixing shakes his head. “Don’t worry about it.” He passes by Luhan to move down the hall and into the living room.

           The room has an open concept. The kitchen, dining room, and living room are all one space. The décor is a modern Victorian style with bold furniture and overly priced decorative pieces splayed about the room. It doesn’t look like the casual hangout for a group of high society heirs in their mid-twenties. The room is decorated too stiffly for comfortable gatherings of young college students, but this is part of the society they grew up in. They are accustomed to the luxurious styling’s of Suite 1950 and since this place is free of use due to the fact that Yixing’s father owns the building, none of them mind the stuffiness of it all.

           Xiumin and Chen are in the kitchen, digging through the small chilling refrigerator for a bottle of champagne. Chen pulls six flutes from the hanging rack beneath one of the cabinets as Xiumin expertly pops the cork, preparing drinks for everyone.

           In the living room, Wufan and Zitao are sitting together on the burgundy tinted leather loveseat sharing whispers that only they can hear. Wufan’s left hand never leaves Zitao’s thigh even as drinks are given out and everyone else gets situated on the furniture in the living room. They are all dressed in their finest clothes, looking like models perched dramatically on the set of a photo shoot. Hair and makeup expertly set in place, while their clothes match the latest trends in Vogue and Marie Claire. It is a night of celebration for them and everyone within the high-class community has been invited to attend the party being held downstairs in the main hall. They will all be topics of discussion by the end of the night, specifically Yixing.

           “Who would have thought Yixing would be the first to take over the family business?” Wufan glances to his right, where Chen is propped on the arm of the couch. “I always thought it would be either Chen or even myself.”

           “It’s not like I had a choice,” Yixing says. “We never expected father to fall ill. I was planning on having another decade to travel before taking over.” He crosses his legs and props his elbow on his knee, holding his glass at eye level. As he examines the bubbles, he sighs.

           “What’s with the sad face?” Chen teases from his spot on the arm of the loveseat. “You’re going to be the CEO of a multi-million dollar company. What’s there to be upset about?”

           Yixing shrugs before taking a large gulp of champagne and wrinkling his nose. He thinks he’s going to need more than one glass to get through tonight, but he doesn’t want to show up to the party drunk, causing his parents immense shame.

           “Don’t stress about this,” Luhan says, leaning back into the armchair opposite of Yixing’s.

           Xiumin is standing behind him with a hand on Luhan’s shoulder while sipping from his own flute. “You’ll be great Yixing,” he says.

           “Let’s do a toast.” Wufan raises his glass. “To the future. May your business and health prosper.” He tips his glass towards the man of the evening and everyone else follows suit. They all hum in agreement taking sips. Everyone knows that one day, they will each be in Yixing’s situation. They all know that eventually they will have to take responsibility and follow in their parent’s footsteps, securing yet another line in their family legacies.

           “We should probably get going,” Yixing says, standing and setting his glass on the coffee table. He retreats to his room to get his dress coat to finish off his ensemble. As he straightens his jacket and adjusts his tie subconsciously, making sure he looks polished and presentable, Wufan taps at the open door.

           “Are you nervous?”

           Yixing shrugs and turns to give him a soft smile. “What’s there to be nervous about?”

           He crosses the room and stands before Yixing, fixing the lapels on his coat. “You were never good at lying, you know that?” He pats Yixing on the shoulders, gliding his hands down his arms comfortingly. “I know,” he whispers. “I heard about the engagement.”

           Yixing tips his head, giving Wufan another smile. “Looks like we are going to be family.”

           He laughs half-heartedly and turns to lean against the end of the large king-sized bed. “Of all the people, I never would have imagined that you would end up with my cousin. Nothing against her, but I just thought you would end up with someone else.”

           “It’s a bit awkward actually, considering everything.” He leans against the bed beside Wufan, both looking towards the door with their hands in their laps. Yixing twiddles his fingers together heaving a sigh. “How do you think he will react when he finds out?”

           “Shocked, upset, angry…” Wufan trails off. “But he can’t really say anything can he? I mean…he dumped you to be with someone else. If anyone should be upset or angry, it should be you. I would know.”

           “Is this how you felt? When you said you couldn’t be angry with me, because no matter how hard I try, I can’t be mad at him,” Yixing replies, rubbing the toe of his shiny dress shoe into the carpet.

           “Yeah, it .” Wufan laughs humorlessly.

           “Sorry.”

           “Don’t,” he replies. “Don’t apologize again because I’ve heard it enough. I’ve forgiven you. It’s in the past, so we should forward.”

           Yixing watches him for a moment before moving on. “I’m kind of glad he and I aren’t together right now because it would make things a lot harder. You know how our families feel about each other, not to mention the whole homoual relationship thing. It’s best that he ended it before we were forced apart. I’m glad I’m not hurting him now.”

           “Yeah.” Wufan places him arm around Yixing’s shoulders, giving him a side hug. “You know, I’ve always thought you were an amazing guy, even after everything happened between us. I also get it, you know. Our break up didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. I didn’t think I would ever understand your feelings when you told me you finally understood real love with Luhan, but I get it now. I have that with Zitao and maybe I’m just amazingly selfish, but I can’t see a future for me without him.”

           “What if he was the one to end it, like I did with you or Luhan with me? What then?”

           “I’d lock him up until he came back to his senses. I honestly can’t even imagine it. I don’t think I could let him go. I couldn’t go through that again.” He moves to him feet and gestures towards the door. “Talking like this is extremely depressing. We should probably get going.”

           “Yeah.” Yixing begins to move as well, happy for the change in topic.

           He knows his parents are waiting anxiously downstairs, not to mention the numerous journalists ready to report every part of the evening in their tabloids. Also, he probably shouldn’t leave his fiancé waiting for too long. Even if this marriage terrifies him, he plans on going through with it for his parents. Originally he was going to wait, but his father’s lacking health has pushed plans forward and his family’s desire to be officially linked with Wufan’s family has only grown stronger in recent years due to the failing economy. Yixing knows his family’s business is taking a big hit with the sudden economic decline. It’s his filial duty to protect the family business and if marrying one of his best friend’s cousins will solve the problem and make his parents happy, Yixing is willing to submit to their plans.

           They make it to the party just in time because Yixing’s father was on the verge of sending a waiter to the suite to look for him. As they enter the dinner hall, Xiumin and Luhan head towards the refreshments table for food. Chen decides to go flirt with the eligible bachelorettes standing at the edge of the dance floor waiting for partners. He plans to take at least one back to Suite 1950 before the nights over. Wufan and Zitao go greet their parents considering they arrived separately tonight and it would be rude for either of them to ignore their families.

           Yixing expertly crosses the room, dodging the journalists while greeting various elders and friends of his parents. He finds his family sitting towards the front of the room, somewhat set apart from the rest of the tables. He greets them before kissing his mother on the cheek and clasping his father’s hand firmly, then sits across from them. They smile due to the occasion, extremely happy to announce that their only child is going to not only take control of the business, but also be wed soon.

           “Have you greeted your fiancé’s family yet?” his mother asks.

           “Not yet. I thought I would speak to you first.” He looks to his father. “How are you feeling tonight?”

           “Fine, fine,” Yixing’s father brushes his worries away. “How can I not feel fantastic when my son is finally becoming a man? I’ve been looking forward to this day since you were born.” His father reaches across the table to clasp his hand again. “I’m proud of you son.”

           His mother also clasps their hands with both of hers; they are soft and warm and Yixing suddenly feels more comfortable than he has all night. “I’m also proud of you dear. We couldn’t have asked for a better son.”

           He squeezes their hands, trying his best to give them a genuine smile before standing and announcing that he will go greet his fiancé’s parents. They plan to announce the engagement within the next half-hour and Yixing hopes to get some mingling in before he is bombarded with even more congratulations than those in regards to sudden work placement. He knows it’s going to get even harder to maintain his composure in front of everyone once they all know.

           Within fifteen minutes, he speaks to many of his old friends and greets his fiancé’s parents. Yixing ends up standing beside his father behind the podium towards the front of the room. He can see every face in the crowd. They slowly blur before him as his father announces his succession of the business. He pauses to allow the applause and cheers to die down before smiling fondly towards Yixing.

           “I also have more good news. The Zhang family will officially be uniting with the Li family.” He grins, congratulating his son and gesturing for Yixing’s fiancé to join them at the podium. She stands shyly beside Yixing, nodding and smiling towards the crowd while trying to hide the happy blush creeping up her cheeks. The crowd cheers loudly once more as the couple unites before them, happy to take part in this union of two powerful families. It’s a tie that many already guessed at long ago. The friendship between the families was no mystery and it makes sense for them to unite.

           As the crowd settles, Yixing’s eyes meet with Luhan’s across the room. A small crooked smile sets on his lips because he doesn’t know how else to act. Luhan can only stare back, mouth slightly open in shock, eyes wide and shining. Yixing watches as Xiumin places his hand around Luhan’s waist only to have it shrugged off as he turns away, grabbing another flute of champagne as he finds the nearest exit. Yixing’s eyes flit towards Wufan who also witnessed Luhan’s reaction to the news. He shakes his head and raises his glass to Yixing in a gesture of cheers and condolences.

           As the crowd praises the couple and gives them a toast, Yixing prays for this to end quickly. He suddenly feels tired and extra aware of all the eyes watching him. His fiancé takes his hand, connecting them and playing the part of a happy couple, when in reality they have only ever been on three dates. They’ve known each other for years considering their relationships with Wufan, but they have never actually thought of one another as more than friends. They rarely spoke when at functions and this union was completely their parents’ idea. She was more excited about it than Yixing, but they both know better than to complain to their parents about the engagement.

           Even though they accept this, Yixing still feels a stinging pain in his chest as he’s pulled towards her fondly. He doesn’t like this feeling, doesn’t want to smile, and doesn’t want to be here anymore. He doesn’t want to wade through room with her attached to his arm as they accept congratulations and answer questions from all of their parents’ friends. He really just wants to excuse himself and hide in Suite 1950 because that’s the only place he can really be himself. But he knows that this is his duty and his familial duties come before any personal desires he may have, so he puts on a fake smile and acts his part.

           Yixing finds his way out of the room once they make it back to his parents by using the excuse that he needs to go to the restroom. He makes it through the large white double doors and down the hall to the elevator that will take him back up to Suite 1950. He just wants to be alone for a while, but as soon as he enters the suite, he hears a chuckle and a hand yanks him into the living. He comes face to face with a smiley Luhan, who jumps at him, pressing him up against the wall and kissing his lips eagerly. Yixing can taste the alcohol; can sense the desperation behind Luhan’s touches and the way he grips at his sides pulling him close.

           Yixing’s eyes widen as he pushes the other away. Luhan continues trying to kiss him, but he shakes the drunken guy back to reality. “What are you doing?”

           Luhan blinks a few times before reaching up to wrap hia arms around Yixing'’s neck. “I knew you would come up here. I knew you would come to me,” he whispers, trying to reattach his lips to Yixing’s.

           “Luhan, you’re drunk.” Yixing pulls at his arms to remove them only to have him hug even tighter.

           “No, I’m not,” he pouts, pushing his face into the crook of Yixing’s neck. “I’ve missed you.” His lips graze at Yixing’s skin, breath hot and sticky, bringing up many fond memories of what they once were, what they once had, what Luhan so blatantly gave up when he dumped him.

           Yixing misses moments like this, but he knows now is not the time to indulge in Luhan’s drunkenness. If these were different circumstances, he would jump at the chance to get him back, but he knows that if he does anything with Luhan in this state, he would hate himself and so would Luhan. It’s just not right. Luhan is too shocked and unstable at the moment and taking advantage of him would hurt them both.

           “Luhan, please stop this.”

           “No,” he whines, nuzzling closer.

           “Lulu! Please get yourself together.” Yixing uses his nickname, something he hasn’t done in ages.

           “You can’t. You can’t get married. You just can’t.” Luhan continues insisting, kissing his way up Yixing’s neck and threading his fingers through the other’s hair.

           “Stop it!” he firmly pushes Luhan away, turning them around and stepping back quickly while rubbing at his neck trying to get rid of the lingering kisses. “Just stop it already. I can’t take this anymore.”

           Luhan begins to tremble as he stares back at Yixing, swaying slightly. He fists his hands together at his sides. “Do you hate me?” He speaks softly in the silence of the room.

           “No. I could never hate you, Lulu.” Yixing takes a few more steps back, slouching against the back of one of the leather couches. He rubs his hand across his face, sighing heavily.

           “You’re lying,” he says, voice suddenly steady. “Of course you hate me. Why wouldn’t you? After everything I’ve done to you, of course you would hate me.” He tries to hold himself together, blinking back tears, but standing upright becomes difficult and Luhan begins to sway to the side.

           Yixing jumps forward, pulling him into his arms. “I don’t,” he insists. “It’s just…you can’t keep doing these things.”

           Sobs break away from Luhan as he buries his face into the other’s chest, clutching at his shirt like a child trying to find something steady to hold onto. This isn’t the first time Yixing’s became his anchor. Actually, their relationship kind of began when Luhan sought consolation from Yixing after witnessing another argument between his parents. They were just kids then, barely aware of the harsh realities life would bring them and Luhan needed someone to cry on.

           Yixing remembers the many nights that Luhan would refuse to go home after one of their play dates because he hated hearing his mother yell at his father and vice versa. Yixing remembers hugging Luhan close, and staying awake until he was comfortably asleep against his side. They became best friends, practically inseparable. It wasn’t until they were in their senior year of high school that Luhan’s parents divorced and things settled down. Of course, Luhan’s family took a heavy, shame filled blow within their high-class circle of friends because the divorce was messy, but Yixing stayed beside Luhan.

           Even though Yixing was dating someone else at the time, he felt himself falling hard for Luhan. He hates himself for being swayed, but matters of the heart are difficult to control. Even though he is sure he fell for Luhan first, the other was the one to take the first step in their relationship by casually kissing Yixing one night while they were watching a movie on his couch. It was exciting and quick and everything after that first kiss happened so fast neither of them realized that years had passed, that they had graduated high school and went through college together. Everything was moving forward perfectly for them. They were both happy, completely content with the way their future together looked.

           At least that is what Yixing thought. He thought they were happy, that Luhan was happy with him. But Luhan became greedy. He wanted more. He was happy with Yixing, and at the same time, he was convinced that he wanted something else. It didn’t help that Yixing’s parents disapproved of their relationship and constantly showed their dissatisfaction towards the couple. They didn’t want their family to be shamed by mixing with a broken home through a homoual relationship. Even though they pretended not to notice, both Yixing and Luhan felt the strain his parents were forcing on them. Everything escalated until they both reached their breaking points.

           Yixing remembers the first time he saw Luhan flirting with someone else, the way he once flirted with him. He remembers watching Luhan slowly drift away from him, until one night, much like this one, Luhan showed up at their shared apartment in a drunken mess, clinging to him and apologizing with everything he had. He was sorry, he had cheated, he had fallen in love with someone else, and he didn’t want to be hated. He feared that more than anything else, being hated by Yixing.

           Of course he was upset and angry, but he didn’t hate Luhan. He couldn’t hate him because he loved him. Even now, he still loves him and remains a close friend, but it hurts, getting stabbed in the heart repeatedly by the person you love. Yixing deals with Luhan being all over Xiumin. He deals with him being needy as a friend. He deals and he listens and he consoles like the perfect friend that he is, but right now, he isn’t sure of how much more he can handle of Luhan being so greedy. Yixing is reaching his limit when it comes to the way Luhan wishes to occupy him fully, even though he has Xiumin now and he can take care of himself. Yixing feels this is his retribution for being so cruel to his first love, for allowing his parents to come between them; he deserves this pain.

           “Lulu,” Yixing sighs, gently rubbing the other’s back. “I know you don’t want things to change between us, but we can’t stop what’s happening. Things are already changing, but my getting married isn’t going to end our friendship. We’re still going to be friends.” He pulls them apart, wiping away Luhan’s tears.

           “It will.” Luhan sniffles. “You’re not going to have time for me anymore. You’re going to be a businessman and get married and have a family, and then you’re going to forget about me.” He averts his eyes downward. His long lashes wet and clumping with tears.

           Yixing pinches his cheek, gently tugging at it. “How many times do I have to tell you that I’m always here for you? I could never forget about you. You’re my Lulu.” Without thinking, he leans forward kissing Luhan on the cheek, pulling back only slightly and pausing for a moment to stare at him, before planting a kiss on his lips.

           There is no hesitation as Luhan kisses back, albeit a little sloppily due to his drunkenness. They clutch at one another, reliving moments like this from the past when they were still dating. Yixing misses the way Luhan’s agile fingers pull at his shirt and work their way up his sides. He enjoys the familiarity of the other’s lips against his, like going home after a long trip. There is something so perfect about how they fit together and yet, Luhan gave this up to be with someone else.

           They don’t hear the clicks as the suite door opens or the footsteps in the hall as someone approaches. It’s the slight gasp and quick apology from Xiumin that pulls them back to reality, causing them to quickly separate. He is already backing out the door before Luhan fully registers that his current boyfriend just walked in on him making out with his ex-boyfriend. His hands linger at Yixing’s sides as he glances back towards the door. Before Luhan can make up his mind, Yixing sighs, tugging the other’s hands away from his shirt and pushing him towards the door.

           “Go after him,” he says.

           Luhan frowns.

           “Go!” Yixing insists, giving him another small push.

           Luhan stares into his eyes for a moment, silently relaying an apology before exiting the suite and trailing after Xiumin.

           Yixing knows that nothing further can happen between them and understands that it is best for Luhan to stay with Xiumin. They both know it’s too late to mend their relationship; it’s too far gone for things to go back to the way they were. They can no longer steal kisses and hold hands when they think no one is looking. Spending late nights and holidays shacked up in Suite 1950 are now a thing of the past, at least for Yixing anyways. But Luhan probably won’t use the room much anymore either because there are too many intimate memories of them held behind these walls and those memories shouldn’t be tainted with his new attempt at love.

           As he slumps down the back of the couch and to the floor, Yixing feels the lump in his throat solidify as he fights back tears. He doesn’t want to cry because he’s already cried enough for Luhan. If he cries now, he’ll feel even more miserable about his current circumstances, especially his engagement to someone he has only ever considered an acquaintance. Instead of crying, he clutches his knees to his chest and buries his head in the space between his arms, taking deep breaths. He wishes for a moment that he could disappear.

           He’s alone for less than five minutes before someone else is entering the suite. He looks up and gratefully finds Wufan standing over him. Kneeling down, he doesn’t say anything as he embraces him. The strength emanating from those arms is all the comfort he needs at the moment because those arms say much more to him than any superficial words; they fill him with a sense of assurance. He doesn’t feel like he’s going to fall apart anymore, but the lump is still stuck in his throat.

           “Why do you keep making me worry so much?” Wufan asks, squeezing Yixing a bit. “I leave you alone for more than a few minutes and you end up getting hurt.”

           “I’m fine,” he chokes out.

           Wufan sits back on his legs, arms still outstretched and holding on to Yixing. “You know, it’s okay if you’re not fine.”

           “No. It’s not.” He rubs at his face with his fisted hands, coughing to clear his throat. “I can’t be weak. It’s just…people depend on me. My parents need me.”

           “I know, I know.” Wufan pats the other’s arms comfortingly. He shifts to the side and sits next to him, draping an arm over his shoulders. “Remember, you don’t have to do it alone. I’ll be here for you and so will Zitao, as well as the others. We can share the burden.”

           Yixing leans his head against Wufan’s shoulder. His legs slide forward as his hands fall to rest in his lap. He slumps completely against the other. “I’m an idiot, aren’t I?”

           “What?”

           “For still loving him…” He trails off, falling silent for a few moments.

           “You’re not.”

           Yixing ignores him. “Even after everything he’s done to me, I still love him.”

           Wufan rests his head atop Yixing’s, both sitting in silence for a moment contemplating his words. “It’s hard,” he says. “Falling out of love with someone.” He gives a dry chuckle. “But look at us. We did it didn’t we.”

           Yixing sighs. “But that’s different. It’s not the same kind of love. We weren’t as deep.”

           “That’s not how we felt at the time or maybe it was just me.” He raises his head and looks down at Yixing who keeps his eyes focused forward. “I loved you more than anything, Yixing. I was completely in love with you.”

           He looks up curiously. “How did you do it? How’d you fall out of love with me?”

           “It changed. The love I have for you changed into a different kind of love. If it hadn’t, I wouldn’t have one of my best friend’s anymore.” Wufan hunches forward laughing at himself. “God, I sound so cheesy.”

           It takes a moment, but Yixing falls into laughing too. The pressure in his chest suddenly disappears and he continues laughing while leaning against Wufan. The laughter slowly turns into tears, but he’s not sure if they’re sad ones because all he can feel at the moment is relief. The comfort Wufan gives him fills him with hope and combats that weakness he is so afraid will consume him. Yixing dispels the doubts and fears that have been building up over the past couple of months as he and his family prepared for the announcement of his take over and his engagement. He lets them all go. He can even feel the bonds on his heart towards Luhan loosen up, constricting him a little less.

           A tap at the door pulls him out of his reverie and Zitao pops his head around the corner of the wall that separates the living room and the front hall. “Sorry for interrupting,” he says. “But your parents are looking for you Yixing.”

           Wufan stands, taking Yixing’s hand and pulling him up as well. He hugs him before giving him a quick peck on the cheek and telling him to go get cleaned up. “I’ll distract them for you as long as I can.” He moves to the hall, placing his arm around Zitao’s waist as the other wraps one around Wufan’s shoulders, giving him a kiss on the cheek as they exit the suite, leaving Yixing alone once again, only this time he doesn’t feel like he’s going to break apart.

           It’s going to take some time for him to fully accept Luhan as just a friend. At least his job will keep him occupied with other things, not to mention his engagement. Maybe his love for Luhan will change the way Wufan’s did for him. He doesn’t want to lose such a close friend this way. He can’t imagine not having Luhan in his life; he’s been such a staple in it for so many years.

           Yixing looks around Suite 1950, adding this to the array of memories he already has in this room. He wonders how many more he will make in here. He wonders when Suite 1950 will cease to exist, what with everyone growing older and becoming more responsible adults. For now, he will still consider it a small sanctuary to disappear into when reality is hitting him a little harder than expected. It’s not that he plans to run away from his troubles; it’s just that Yixing finds it easier to think when he’s in a place surrounded by familiarity and that’s what Suite 1950 is. The others will say the same.

           He knows he’s been in the room long enough this time and Wufan is probably running out of topics for small talk with his parents. As he makes his way out of the suite and down the hall, Yixing passes Chen who has a rather flirtatious girl clinging to his arm. They are definitely making their way Suite 1950 and Yixing is glad to get out before he witnesses Chen in action. He glances back and thinks at least one of his friends will have a fun memory in the suite tonight.

            Yixing gets to his destination and pushes the button, summoning the elevator that will take him back to the reality he doesn’t look forward to facing. There is no point in hiding, so he decides to meet everything head on and pray for the best, for happiness because that is all he’s ever really wanted out of life, for everyone to be happy. Maybe he’ll find his with his fiancé.