Coming Out

I Just Want to Lock You Away (U R ALL MINE, ONLY)

    The next day I came to school, I saw Yoseob in his desk, on time, for the first time. I got to admit, I was pretty surprised. Yoseob had a paper on his desk. It was the paper to join the art club. He seems to not doing anything, but starring at the paper. Yoseob looked kind of dumb, but it was also cute. He got the face like he was trying to pull lasers out of his eyes. I walked over to his desk. Yoseob looked up and blushed a bit. "J-Junghyun..." He said still starring at me. I smiled and said, "You want to join art club?" Yoseob looked down on his desk and nodded. Nothing on his paper was filled out except for his name and date. "You forgot to put down your class" I said. Yoseob looked confused and looked at me. "We have a class number?" Yoseob asked. I felt weird. This guy's a natural idiot. "You've been here for almost a month, you should know that." I told him as I pull out a chair and sat next to him. Yoseob got up and went out the classroom. At first I didn't know what he was doing then Yoseob came inside. He said, "103 C." Right, he went to look at the class number. So a guy like that knows where to find his answers.

    Day by day, Yoseob seemed to spend time more in class. I wonder if it was my doing. One time I even saw Yoseob showing up for clean up duty. On those kind of times, he would usually go party, do Karaoke, or what not. Whatever he is trying to pull, all I know is he is pulling my heart strings. When I was walking home from school, I saw Yoseob outside of a grocery store. I tried to talk to him but he acted like he didn't see me and walked inside. What's with the sudden change in attitude? The next day of school in second period, Yoseob wasn't in the classroom this time. Lunch passed, didn't see him. School passed, still didn't see him. I was pretty sure I saw him in the morning, with a teacher? Was it Ms.Kim? I went to Ms.Kim's office and knocked the door. When Ms.Kim gave me permission to come inside, I didn't see Yoseob. I asked her, "Was Yoseob with you earlier, Ms.Kim?" Ms.Kim looked at me with her eyes widen, "Why yes! He was helping me with paper work." Ms.Kim smiled. 

     "Do you perhaps know where he went after that?" I asked her. Ms.Kim didn't answer then she took out a piece of paper from one of her drawers. She gave it to me and putted her index finger onto and said. "shh." I looked at the paper, it was Yoseob's detention slip. On the back, it had an address on it. It was the address to a publishing company. I ended up at the publishing company not knowing why I was there. Why did I come here? Was it because I was concerned about Yoseob? I walked in the building, and there he was. Sitting in the waiting area with two hard cover novels. I walked over to him. "Junghyun! Why are you here?!" He said in a panic. "That's my line." I told Yoseob. "I-I'm here to cover for my uncle." He said. Uncle..?"Your uncle doesn't work here." I said. Obviously he forgotten he can't lie to me, I know him too well for him to do so. "Oh, right..." Yoseob closed the book and told me to sit down.

    "I told Ms.Kim if there was any way I could fill in the missing scores I missed on school assignments. She said the only way was to read two novels and answer multiple choices questions." Yoseob explained. Now I get everything, but not why he was trying to advoid me."Then what was the ignoring for?" I asked him. There was a silent for awhile and then he said, "You don't really remember, do you...?" Remember? What was the thing that I didn't remember that he did? I thought I was the one who remembers, and he was the the one who had forgotten. "Remember what?" I said. Yoseob looked at me like he was about to cry, but didn't. For sure I though he would've cried, but he hang on there. "Never mind." yoseob said smiling, then continued to read his books. Looks like he REALLY wanted to tell me there.  

     Yoseob and I walked home for the night. The sky was filled with stars. It's kind of rare for even a star to appear at this time of year. The silence was too awkward so I said, "Why the sudden change with your school work?" Yoseob was starring at his foot the whole time walking. "I wanted to make someone proud." he said. "Who's this someone?" I asked. Yoseob shacked his head and said, "Not telling." I laughed. Yoseob looked at me and became angry. "H-Hey don't laugh!" Yoseob shouted blushing. "Ah, sorry, sorry." I said There was then again, another long silence. But this time, it was not at all awkward, it was peaceful. I calmly closed my eyes and breath through the cold air. "Aren't you tired of it?" Yoseob said suddenly. I turned and looked at him. "Tired of what..?" I asked. Yoseob turned to me and said, "acting like someone your not." My eyes widen. It was a really long time since I had this long of a conversation with him. "I don't know." I said, "I don't know."