Thursday Morning

Feel so Bad

You wake up and check your Samsung Galaxy S III for the time. It's 10:16 a.m. You put one arm on your forehead and sigh. It had been a restless and uncomfortable night causing you to sleep in so late. You text the office at the sports center that you won't be going today at 1:00. You can't work after what's happened last night.

You feel a slight pounding in the front of your head. Oh no, not a headache. You furrow your eyebrows to try to scrunch the pain away, but it doesn't work. It makes you more awake and more aware of the pounding present in your forehead.

You slowly get out of bed and walk to the bathroom across the hallway. You open up the medicine cabinet and reach for a pill bottle. You pick up a plastic cup and fill it with sink water. You rinse your mouth with the bad taste of morning breath and spit it out. You look at the pill bottle in your hands as you sit on the toilet lid. The cap is written on in permanent marker. You close your eyes after you read your writing:

Kim Sunggyu.

You had marked the pill bottle so you wouldn't mix his multiple bottles with yours. Sunggyu had forgotten his medication here. How long has it been now? It was over three weeks. You clicked the pill bottle lid.

He could buy new medicine. You squeeze your eyes shut in frustration and run a hand angrily through your messy hair. You throw the bottle onto the floor with an angry sigh. You hear pills rattle on to the ceramic tile. You open your eyes.

Aparrently you hadn't closed the bottle. You stand up and bend down to pick up the pills. There weren't too many since the bottle had almost been finished, but the blue pills had scattered everywhere. There's a blue pill underneath the sink and you crouch low to pick it up. Beside the pill is an earring.

It's not your earring.

You reach for the earring and examine it closely. It was the cross earring that you had bought for Sunggyu. You pick the earring off the floor and remember when Sunggyu had lost it in the summer....

 

"What's wrong oppa?"

"Mianhe ~~~~-ah. You remember the earring that you bought me last month?"

"Nthe. Joahe? Do you like it?" you asked as you walked out of your kitchen and into the living room to sit beside Sunggyu on the couch.

"I loved it, but I lost it. Mianhe," Sunggyu said as he clasped your hand.

"Gwenchana oppa. Gwenchana."

"Oppa's really sorry."

You smiled up at him. "Oppa...I already said that it's alright."

Sunggyu sighed and then looked at your entertwined hands. He sighed, "Arasseo, but it was a gift from you. I feel really bad."

You stood up and turned to look at him. "Kaja. Let's go."

Sunggyu looked at you from his seat on the couch. "Mwo? Eodi? What? Where to?"

"Let's go look for it. Maybe it fell off when you were sleeping."

Sunggyu got up and said "I already looked there, but alright."

He hugged your back and you smiled in delight. He nuzzled your neck and rested his chin on your left shoulder. You walked together to your bedroom to look for his cross earring.

Forty-five minutes later, with the pillows checked, the bed unmade, the floor scanned, the earring was still nowhere to be found. You sat cross-legged on your bed. "Eotteokke...we looked everywhere."

Sunggyu joined you and strectched out on the bed. "Oppa, come here," you said as you patted your lap. Sunggyu scooted over and restsed his head on your lap. "Too bad we couldn't find it," you whispered.

"Yeah. Mianhe. I promise I'll help you clean your room though."

"Mwo...?" you looked around the room and saw the mess you guys made looking for the earring. "Aish!!!" You leaned down and messed Sunggyu's hair in gentle frustration.

Sunggyu laughed and pecked your forehead. He got up and started picking up the pillows and putting them in their cases while you started making the bed.

After a half hour, the room was clean and the bed was made. but then you both became tired so Sunggyu had grabbed your waist and pulled you on to your bed to take a nap together.....

 

You hold the earring in your fingers and sigh as you stand up. You realize that your headache had subsided as you set the earring in your accessory basket.  Looking around your bathroom, the few traces of Sunggyu, such as the razor, more medication bottles, and his comb are drawn to your focus. Why hadn't you noticed them before? Perhaps you realize them now because you miss Sunggyu.

You look at yourself in the mirror and wonder where your life will turn now. You decide to forget about it and then do your daily hygiene. You strip off your pajamas and take a warm shower. As if you could wash the memories away.

The water drips down your body in clear beads as you are deep in thought. You don't want to forget the memories of last night since they are probably the last ones that you will have with Sunggyu, but you have to move on. You push the thoughts aside as you shampoo your hair.

The soap suds cascade down your shoulders and you wash your face with your facial cleanser. Hopefully nothing happens to your skin since you hadn't washed off the make-up last night. You mentally slap yourself at being so careless last night, but you couldn't blame yourself. You still feel careless now.

You jerkily wrap your body in a white towel and dry your hair. You go to your room and shrug on some gray sweat pants and a black tank top. You keep a towel on your shoulders so it can catch the water dripping off of your wet hair.

You grab your phone and go to the kitchen for some kimchi soup and rice. Once the soup is done heating up in the microwave, you bring it over to the kitchen table beside your phone and start eating with your spoon and chopsticks.

A few minutes into eating, your phone rings. you look at the caller I.D.

It's Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________

Annyeong! Short little update for you! <3 I hope you're enjoying it! I think the most important reminder that I have for you is that this story is taking place during Sunggyu's solo debut....

 

Anyhoo, did you hear about Infinite's World tour!!!! One Great Step! XD

 

Thank you SO much for reading and commenting! I have a little karma giveaway in my blog that is only valid to my subscribers, so check it out since you've read this far into the story and I want to reward you!!! XD Instructions for joining will be posted in the blog! Annyeong!!!!