IV

Immortal Haze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since he was a child Myung Soo knew that he was different. His world consisted of the property line of his father’s house and the white square room at the institute. He hated the institute.  All he could remember about that place was the adults in their white lab coat who fussed about around him, the needles, the test tube, the blood and the severe headache he get every time after leaving that place. 

He was taught by his father to hate the Immortals, those humans with supernatural powers, but Myung Soo never understood why, because wasn’t he just like them? He too had superhuman powers.  

He can stop time, project his minds on others, he was fast, he had the strength of ten hundred men put together, the ability to heal rapidly, but the ability to heal come with a cost that frighten him the most. The reason was because for him to heal, he must absorb another’s life force. Myung Soo was also able to sense the power signature given off by the Immortals, a power that his father had forced him to use many times. 

However, his father told him that he was different, that he was created as a weapon to rid the world of those Immortals.

After all it was the Immortals that destroyed the beautiful world that Myung Soo only saw in books. The green rolling hills, the snow capped mountains, the emerald lakes, the beautiful field of flowers and the civilized concrete jungle.  All destroyed by the rise of those power hungry Immortals. 

Myung Soo was sitting in the library reading a book when the vision came to him. The vision was of a beautiful girl with short dark hair, smiling, and reaching out her hands toward him. She beckoned him to come closer and as he took a step toward, reaching out to take her hand in his the vision vanished. 

Myung Soo shut his book with a snapped and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to imprint her image into his mind's eyes, the girl who haunt his vision. He wanted to know who she was, but all he could feel in those visions was that she was a very powerful Immortal. She would be someone his father would be interested in, but his instinct told him that if he wanted to protect that beautiful smile, his father must never know of her existence. 

Amber had returned to her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter