Unsent Love Letter

Unsent Love Letter

 

Dear You,

            I can’t explain what I feel. You’re so perfect in my eyes. I’m going crazy when you walked into my line of sight. When I am just near you, I feel that entire world gets in slower motion.

I don’t know why this feeling can’t be replaced. It’s unexpected. It appeared suddenly. What I know is as long as I’m by your side, my life will be wonderful.

Tonight, I think about you again. Opening the curtains, I wish to the starry sky for a happy ending in a fairytale with us together.

When I first know that I’d sit beside you, I felt nothing but this year in our last year at this school when you sit far away from me, I felt empty. It’s like a part of me faded away.

Not long after that, more girls started to like you more and it made me feel weird because no one likes you before. Days by days, I kept staring at you, watching you from far and I always felt this odd tingling sensation. It’s more like butterflies in my stomach.

Then, Na Eun told her classmates that she likes you and fussed it all around. I was like burning up when I heard that. She always peeked on you whenever she passed by our class during the study session and it makes me wanting to warn her not to interrupt you but for what? I still don’t understand myself.

Another girl confessed to me that she likes you too. She’s our assistant monitor class, Sulli. How my hope crushed down knowing that. I kept telling my heart not to slap her for no reason.

What I could look the reason behind all this is maybe... I don’t know. I just want to protect you from all those girls.

Please tell me what this is.

 

Sincerely,

Rae Yoo.

 

 

Rae Yoo placed the pen on the desk and folded the letter, placing it in a carved wooden box. It has been a long time that she picked up her courage to write the letter but had she has the courage to give it to him?

 

Maybe Daehyun only thought her as a friend. She sighed and shook off the thought.

 

She supported her chin with both of her hands and looked into the starry sky with the bright moon surrounded by the beautiful shining stars.

 

“I wish I know what this is,” she blew her bangs away and kept wishing the same wish.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Rae Yoo!!” Hye Mi ran off towards her best friend as she saw her.

 

“Hey, what’s the story?” Rae Yoo smiled as she approached Hye Mi.

 

“You know... Na Eun confessed to Daehyun this morning!” she exclaimed.

 

“S-She did?” Rae Yoo’s jaw dropped down.

 

“Yeah but unfortunately Daehyun rejected her kind enough. I’m glad for him!” Hye Mi laughed.

 

“Fuhh!” Rae Yoo released a relief sigh.

 

“Only one left, Rae Yoo,” she glanced at Rae Yoo.

 

“I know.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Rae Yoo only looked down as she walked through the crowd at the recess. She was afraid that she would meet his pierce eyes and start to feel weak.

 

“Bamp!” Rae Yoo bumped into someone and fell down onto the floor on her . She blinked her eyes and looked up instantly. ‘Those eyes...’ she thought.

 

“You’re okay, Rae Yoo?” his low voice started to talk.

 

“Uhh.. yeah, kinda. Well, I’m pretty fine,” Rae Yoo quickly stood up and felt unwell.

 

“Your face seems to be pale,” he stared at her face causing her hearts to beat faster than usual.

 

“Nahh, it’s normal. Anyway, I’m sorry. I got to go,” she bowed at him and quickly took her leave.

 

“Wait.”

 

His hand grabbed her wrist and strengthen the grip. “Anything I can do to help you, Daehyun-shi?”

 

“Umm...” he blinked his eyes, “I was wondering if we could have some drink after school? My treat. It’s been a long time that we haven’t talk, you know.”

 

“I’m afraid I’m not free that time. Sorry,” as she finished the sentence, she quickly pulled her wrist off his grip and walked away, a little faster than normal.

 

Daehyun could only let her go away from his sight this time.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After having a study group with her classmates at the library, she walked home. It was almost late evening but it did not stop her from buying a bubble tea. She pushed the glass door and the doorbell rang. The cashier turned his focus on her and gave a smile.

 

“Welcome to Shining Star. What would you like to order?”

 

“I would like a hot bubble tea for take-away, please,” Rae Yoo smiled.

 

“Make it two.”

 

Rae Yoo turned around and was surprise to found Daehyun there. He was wearing a collar T-Shirt with leather jacket, a pair of blue jeans and a black bag pack on hanging on his left shoulder.

 

“Coming up,” the cashier walked into the kitchen to give the order.

 

“You say you aren’t free this time, eh?” Daehyun asked as his eyes set on her.

 

“Well, I thought that invitation was around 2-3 o’clock which coincidentally that I have a study group at the same time,” Rae Yoo looked away. She could feel her cheeks were blushing.

 

“Hurrm... Your face turns red. Are you having a fever?” he quickly placed his hand on her forehead to check out her temperature.

 

“I’m not,” she quickly moved his hand off her forehead.

 

“Sorry,” Daehyun put his hands inside his pocket jeans and looked down.

 

“Here you go,” the cashier placed two hot smoky bubble tea on the counter.

 

“How much for one?”

 

“500 won only.”

 

“Here, keep the change,” Daehyun quickly put 5000 wons on the counter and took his bubble tea.

 

“Thank you,” the cashier bowed politely.

 

Rae Yoo was dumbfounded on what is happening. “What are you waiting? Take your bubble tea and let’s get a walk, shall we?” he offered.

 

She gulped as she grabbed her bubble tea and quickly left him alone. ‘What is going on with him?’ she thought.

 

“Rae Yoo, wait up!” he chased from behind.

 

“Leave me alone!” she shouted and making her steps faster.

 

At last, Daehyun captured her by her shoulders and stopped her from escaping away as he gripped tightly. “It’s hurting me, Daehyun-shi. Can’t you let me go?” Rae Yoo pleaded softly and looked away, avoiding his gaze.

 

“Why do you want me to leave you alone? It’s getting dark. I’m not a kind of guy who let a girl walks alone in dark,” he pointed out.

 

“Right...” suddenly, she realized that too but she did not want to walk beside him because it will make her going crazy and might faint, too.

 

“Let’s go, then.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You can stop here, Daehyun-shi. Thanks for walking me home. I appreciate it very much,” Rae Yoo bowed awkwardly in front of her house.

 

“Umm.. yeah, you’re welcome. Umm..” he tried to say something.

 

Rae Yoo thought maybe he would confess to her but that is nonsense. She did not have anything that make guys admiring her. “Can I use the bathroom?”

 

Her hope dropped down, “Sure, just walk straight into the kitchen and you’ll find the bathroom on your right.”

 

“Thanks,” he showed his cheeky smelt and made Rae Yoo’s heart melted. He put down his bag pack beside the couch and walked off to his destination. Rae Yoo sat down and massaged her temple.

It was like Daehyun starter to appear in her life back. Should she tell him right now? Was it the right time? Was it the right place? How to tell without misunderstanding?  Could she ask him what she feels all this time? Does Daehyun have the answer?

 

She released a deep breath and the radio. She started to feel calm as she was listening to the song which was playing in the air.

 

“You seem to have a problem. You can tell me,” Daehyun suddenly appeared.

 

Rae Yoo tried to control her shock and said, “You can’t help about it even myself.”

 

“Well, I can help you to relieve the tension. Would you mind?” he stretched his hand out towards her. Is he asking for a dance?

 

“You want to dance with me?” she asked.

 

“What else? Come on, before the song finish,” he chuckled.

 

Even in hesitation, she took his hand indicating she accepted the help.  Daehyun placed his left hand on her waist while Rae Yoo’s was on his shoulder.  Other hands were interwining in the air. They started the dance with slow motion to make the dance alive. Unknowingly, Rae Yoo’s head leaned onto his chest and closed her eyes. She could hear his calm heartbeat. She could smell his alluring scent. How could he be this relax? She enjoyed the moment. Well, she did not expect this in future.

 

“Feeling okay, now?” Daehyun asked.

 

Rae Yoo quickly withdrew herself from Daehyun’s embrace and realized that the song was already finished. “Yeah, thanks. Well, I have to do my homework.”

 

“Wait.”

 

“Anymore else, Daehyun-shi?”

 

“Did you heard about something happened between me and Na Eun?”

 

“I think so. Why?”

 

“Umm... nothing.”

 

With a respond like that from him, again, her hope broke into piece like a glass fall onto the floor. She was down, enough with what Daehyun tried to play since then.

 

“I think you should go. It’s inappropriate that a guy and a girl alone in a place. Something uncomfortable... might happen.”

 

“One more thing,” he quickly said.

 

“Close your eyes,” he continued.

 

She sighed in disappointment mixed with a little curiosity and closed her eyes just like what he asked for. Then, she felt a pair of warm hands holding hers and a pair of lips landing on hers. Her brain tried to fight back but her body would not listen thus she kissed back. It made her living in a heaven. It sending her butterflies in the stomach and the odd tingling sensation came back. They kissed with passionate. Daehyun smiled through the kiss and broke it.

 

“What was that for?” Rae Yoo tried to stabilize her breathe rate.

 

“But you like it.”

 

“Who says so?” she blushed.

 

“You kissed me back... and you’re blushing.”

 

“Really?” she touched her blushing cheek.

 

“I found this,” Daehyun took out a letter from his bag pack.

 

It was the letter she wrote for the first time. “Where did you get that?” she seized the letter from Daehyun’s hand.

 

“Maybe a bet worth it.”

 

“Aishh...” again, she blushed.

 

“You know, it’s really worth it. Trust me. I like you too and I’ll never leave you. Maybe, I love you. Will you be mine?” Daehyun held her chin and kissed her again, enjoying the moment.

 

‘This is the happy ending that I want.’