Question

Yes, My Lord

 

                Jungmin was sitting on the floor, playing with his dog, Jeomreah. A few days passed and it was a weekend already. The schedule was going as planned and the cooperation with Yaemin was going surprisingly fine. Jungmin sighed and started whispering to Dokki.

- What do you think? Should I tell her? Nah, she won’t believe me most probably…

                 Jungmin sighed again. Jeomreah his hand and squeaked, seeing his owner worried about something. Jungmin flashed a smile and him gently. “Worrying won’t do. I guess I can do at least this” – he thought and stood up. Jungmin dressed himself quickly and made his way to the door.

- I’ll be going, Jeomreah. Don’t wait for me.

 

***

 

                  Yaemin was laying on her bed exhausted. It was certainly a long day with schedule done one after another. She wondered how Jungmin could cope with such a pace and was still able to look flawless. Fortunately, they were having only one show in the evening tomorrow, on Saturday, which meant she would get some more sleep this time. Suddenly Yaemin heard knocking at her door. Mumbling angrily who dared stop her rest, she stood up and opened her door. Yaemin raised her eyebrows as grinning Jungmin was standing in front of her.

- May I ask what exactly brings you here? – asked Yaemn, tilting her head to the left.

- Dress yourself up and come with me – stated Jungmin plainly.

- What? Where?

- I want to go around the city. We weren’t able to see much of it since we’re doing schedule all the time.

- …Go by yourself – said Yaemin after a short silence.

- Are you kidding me? I don’t know English and you’re my translator! – exclaimed Jungmin. – I pay for your service, did you forget?

                    Yaemin hissed something incomprehensible. Jungmin smirked as he know he had won this argument, even though he didn’t want to use that last resort. Rolling her eyes and mumbling “I’ll be right back”, Yaemin turned around and locked herself in the bathroom after taking some clothes with herself. When she came out of the room, Jungmin gave her a wide smile, which kind of made her heart stop beating. They started walking towards the elevator side by side.

- Where do you want to go anyway? – asked Yaemin, pressing 0 to go to the ground floor.

- I don’t know. Anywhere I can – answered Jungmin, shrugging his shoulders. – Have you ever been in L.A.?

- I lived here for a year before going to New York to finish my studies.

- Oh, so not only will you be my translator, but also a tour guide! Is there anything interesting in the neighbourhood? 

- Not so much... But there is this huge park nearby. We can go there – suggested Yaemin, turning her head to Jungmin.

- OK, let’s do this!

                     Yaemin rolled her eyes seeing his child-like enthusiasm, which only made Jungmin laugh more. They were walking slowly, enjoying the warm evening. Jungmin was looking at everything curiously, rambling nonsense all that time. Yaemin felt relaxed for the first time in quite a while. These few days made them forget (more or less) the painful past and now they were able to tolerate each other’s presence. Finally, they got into the park and Jungmin pointed to the lake which was in the centre. Yaemin nodded and they both took an alley which led to it.

- We used to go to parks often – suddenly Jungmin said.

- That’s true... – Yeamin answered carefully, not knowing what this leads to.

- I liked it. Going to those parks. It was fun – Jungmin smiled a little.

                        Yaemin looked away as she didn’t want to say anything back to that statement. Well, she would have to admit that she also loved their shared walks. Jungmin was still stuck in his memories so he didn’t even notice Yaemin’s silence. They reached the lake and stood there for a little while. During this time, an old man came up to them and asked:

- Do you want to buy a rose for your beautiful lady, sir?

- No, we... – Yaemin started.

- What did he say? – Jungmin cut her short and knitted his eyebrows.

- It’s nothing.

- Tell me.

- He asked whether you want to buy a rose for me – Yaemin shrugged her shoulders. – I’ll tell him you’re not interested...

- No, tell him, I’d buy it – Jungmin turned his head to the man and started nodding his head.

                         Before Yaemin could stop him, Jungmin pulled out his wallet and gave the man 5 dollars. Then, he turned around to Yeamin with a charming smile and said, lowering his head a bit:

- This rose is nothing if compared to you.

- Oh God, why so greasy – Yaemin grimaced, but accepted the rose, her cheeks turning pinkish.

                         Jungmin winked at her and started laughing wholeheartedly as Yaemin once again became flustered. She hit his arm unconsciously and took an alley on the right. Soon Jungmin joined her, but said nothing (even though he looked as if he was very proud of himself, which made Yaemin furious inside). After a short silence Jungmin asked if she wanted to go have a drink. Yaemin agreed and led to the bar which was outside of the park. They took a place in the corner of the bar and ordered two drinks. The silence had fallen upon them and neither of them wanted to cut it short. Finally, Yaemin took a deep breath and said:

- Thank you.

- Huh? For what? – Jungmin looked genuinely surprised.

- For not making me.. us uncomfortable. It was a great week working with you – Yaemin bowed a little in her seat.

- Oh. Not at all – Jungmin blinked a few times. – It’s nothing, really.

- For me it’s something. We parted our ways like we did and I thought we would never talk with each other like normal people.

- Was it your wish not to talk with me? – Jungmin stifled a laugh as she threw a fit.

- Of course not! I’m actually relieved and grateful for this course of events – Yeamin sighed heavily.

- If you say so... – Jungmin looked as if he was thinking hard. – What about...

- Hm? What is it? – Yeamin raised her eyebrows.

- What about becoming friends again?