Chapter Six

Forgotten Flame

“I’m planning a sort of reunion,” said Seunghyun


tiffany stared at him blankly.

“A reunion for what?”

“All the people that were at that memorable holiday on that Greek island. I’m talking to people who were there to see if they would like to do it again. It would be rather like a class reunion but more fun.”

A feeling of relief but also disappointment spread from Tiffany heart outwards until it reached the tips of her ears and the furthest extremities of her toes.

She felt relieved because she wouldn’t now be under pressure to do what she really wanted to do which was to wrap her arms around this well-dressed man in his smart suit and golden wrist watch and succumb willingly to his wandering hands.

She felt sad because sometimes the things that are right are not always what you really want.

“I think that would be very nice,” she said, simply.

“In fact, you were the most difficult to find and are about the last in the list so I’ve already got lots of gossip for you.”

Tiffany giggled, self-consciously, and touched her hair.

“And I thought you were inviting me here because you couldn’t forget me and your only intention was seduction.”

Seunghyun gazed at her cautiously, playing with his gold wristwatch.

“And how would you have felt about that,” he enquired. His voice was gruff.

“It would have been against my will and better judgment but quite possibly with my co-operation, so it’s quite a relief that you’ve other things in mind and it’s nice that I can now feel relaxed.”

Their meals arrived, together with one of the tastiest red wines that Tiffany had ever experienced. Seunghyun chatted amiably, bringing her up to date with the news of who had married whom and, as far as he could remember, the numbers of children they’d had.

“Would you consider going back to the island for the reunion?” Tiffany asked at last. They were just finishing dessert.

“It’s funny you should say that because your friend Taeyeon in the photograph asked me that only yesterday,” laughed seunghyun. “It would be a fantastic idea, wouldn’t it?”

“But you said that she now had three children and a husband,” said Tiffany. “It would be rather a lot of people to take over to a Greek island.”

“For that reason, we agreed it was a nice idea but impracticable. After much thought and a great deal of consultation, I think I’ve a better idea.”

“I’m all ears,” said Tiffany.

“What I am proposing is that we take over the penthouse suite here at this hotel with its excellent swimming pool and roof garden for a weekend. It has loads of rooms, excellent service and we can throw a party to end all parties. We could even import the Retsina specially.”

“It sounds absolutely wonderful,” sparkled Tiffany

“Since we’ve finished the meal, would you like to go up and see it? I have the keys.”

So now Seunghyun had said the magic words that Tiffany had dreaded so much. But, after the beautiful meal, the excellent wine and with the reassuring explanation about his intentions, she agreed.

Fifteen minutes later, they were strolling through the gardens on the roof and admiring the light as it reflected through the glass ceiling into the swimming pool.

Then they sat on its huge balcony with London lying at their feet, admiring the view. Tiffany felt warm, well fed and looked after. When he touched the back of her neck and asked if she minded if he kissed her, she replied, cautiously, “Why not – for old times sake?”

He leaned over and found her lips with his, resting them on hers with little movement and the lightest of pressure. It was not seductive. It was hardly a preliminary to seduction.

Tiffany leaned back away from him.

“So you had no intention of bringing me here to seduce me?”

“None at all! But I have to admit that kiss was very nice.”

“For me too. You’re still a handsome man.”

“And you are still a very good looking woman.”

Alice stood up and twirled around.

“Not such a bad figure after so many years,” she said, proudly.

“You remember the game we played, occasionally, at the villa. We called it ‘double dare’, I think,” said seunghyun