Epilogue

Twisted: A Murder Game

 

Article from The Korea Times

Date: 8 December 2012

A week after all investigations on “The Halloween Murders” were ceased, our editor-in-chief received an anonymous letter which explained the murders in its entity. Reader’s discretion is advised as the content of the letter may be disturbing to certain readers and contains detailed descriptions of the murders committed.

The letter’s content has been unedited and published in full length.

 

Hello there, the citizens of Korea. I’m sure you have been fascinated by the case so far. I admit that I have enjoyed reading the daily coverage by the media just as you did. I’m sure you would like to know what happened in the mansion within 24 hours where four young people were murdered. Unfortunately the police have refused to release any details on the crimes committed not because they lacked them but because it simply baffled them why the four best friends ended up killing each other. I’m sure the families of the victims partially had a hand in limiting the content revealed because it would shame them greatly if the public knew that their precious children were cold-blooded murderers.

The first person to die was Lee Donghae. He was murdered in the first part of the game by an axe indirectly by his buddy, Choi Siwon. Siwon is not totally at fault here and we could argue that Sooyoung had a hand in his death too. I was glad that Donghae was the first to go because he was simply too weak-minded to continue playing the game. It would be such a pity if he had committed suicide at any point of the game.

When they got to the second part of the game, things started to get interesting as they were forced to torture themselves or others before one had to die. They were required to sacrifice their body parts in order to keep their lives. It would have been sufficient if each person contributed a finger, which was what I had hoped for but knowing these cowards, it was unlikely to happen. Sooyoung sliced Siwon’s finger to obtain his blood but with a short amount of time given, it was impossible that Siwon could accumulate enough blood. Yuri then chopped off Sooyoung’s fingers by force after manipulating Siwon into helping her. Unfortunately it was too late and they lost, which led to Sooyoung being murdered by Yuri.

It was sad to see Sooyoung go at this stage of the game. She had been so strong previously; it saddened me greatly that she was outsmarted by Yuri who was clever enough to play on Siwon’s emotions to get her far in the game. I had always known that Yuri was a clever girl. She was in control of the game from the start when she had created trouble for Sooyoung and Donghae by revealing things the others did not know, leading to them targeting each other.

After Sooyoung’s demise, I knew that Yuri would have the upper hand against Siwon who was simply too blinded by his love for Yuri to play the game as a strategist. He had foolishly allowed Yuri to blindside him and took a stab to the back after confessing his love for her. Lucky for him, it was not a fatal wound, giving him the time to murder Yuri out of anger, disappointment and betrayal. I would have like to see Siwon walking out of the mansion alive but fate played a cruel trick on him when Yuri managed to stab him before her last breath.

Just like that, within 24 hours, the best friends had taken each other’s lives trying to save their own skin. It amused me to see how weak their friendship was.  You may wonder why I would want to set them up through this game.  Let’s just say, it was to my enjoyment to watch them die one by one. None of them had truly treated me as part of them simply because I was not as rich or elite as them. I had grown up in an abusive family where my drunken father would wallop me for no reason and my drug-abusing mother was a good for nothing. They had always thought they were better than me, rubbing their wealth and power in my face.

Even though Sooyoung was my girlfriend, she treated me poorly and my actions to her were simply my justified retaliations. It was sweet revenge to have her controlled under my thumb but she tried to take my life to put an end to her misery. Unfortunately for her I would not die so easily. I recovered and had been back in Seoul planning this for some time.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my adventure. By the time you received this letter, I would have left the country and started a new identity somewhere else.

You can try to catch me.

Till we meet again.

Previously known as Cho Kyuhyun