Ulzzangs!

How to Write a Successful App!

Because of the multitude of genres for these apply fics, I've decided I'll go through each different type of application you will be seeing! Again, it won't go into specifics, but in general how each genre works. For now, we will just move on to another basic that you will find on ALL applications regardless of the stories genre: ULZZANGS! HAHAHAHAA~ ha... *ahem* Let's begin.


Ulzzang Name: Once you see this, you'll probably also see "(name of ulzzang) is taken!" 

Okay, so what does that mean? Well, it means that the author has reserved that particular ulzzang for themself. So tough toenails, go find another one. Now I was never devastated to find out that a particular ulzzang was taken, and why? Mainly because I have a plethora of ulzzangs I could use as back-ups! This is incredibly important. If you plan to apply to stories, you must know ulzzang names and faces! 

That may sound really daunting, but the kind people of this site (and even tumblr and others that I wont name now) have made the information of ulzzangs readily available to you! Here are some sites and fics to help get you started:

  • ~Ulzzangs~ : I've subbed to this fic, and it really is a time saver. Just start clicking around and see what you like~
  • ulzzzang.tumblr: Uploads photos all the time, boy and girl ulzzangs. Make sure to  take a look at the tags first, because they don't always have the ulzzang name on it. 
  • fyuhljjang.tumblr: Doesn't update as often, but it's still useable. And there's always the ulzzang name in the tags.

There are literally hundreds of websites for ulzzang pictures, so don't be afraid to look around a bit~ 

One note about ulzzangs is that if you look around you'll notice that there are some ulzzangs that are more "popular" than others. We all love to be unique and different, but make it easier on the author and try to get relatively well known ulzzangs. Some examples: Do HwaeJi, Song AhRi, Lee DaSom, Kim ShinYeong, Jung Roo, etc. These ulzzangs have a sheesh ton of pictures you can choose from!  

An example of this part - (Ulzzang Name: Yeon JiHee)

[She's so pretty! XD]

-------------------------------------------

Pictures: The author will probably give you a minimum amount of pictures they want you to link. It's great if you can give more than the minimum, it makes it easier on the author so they don't have to search for pictures themselves. Another GREAT thing to do is give HIGH QUALITY photos. 

Hint: THIS is not High Quality. A good example of high quality is this. Actually, that last photo is perfect, if you can find photos of that quality, I assure you, the author will love you forever.  

For this example, let's pretend the author gave us a minimum of 5 pictures. Remember that hyperlinking tutorial from chapter one I gave? Yeah, it's going to be extremely useful right about now. 

An example of this part - (Pictures: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7)

It doesn't matter how you number them, with letters (a|b|c|d|e) or numbers, or words even! (one|two|three) as long as it's readable, it's good! 

-------------------------------------------

Backup Ulzzang: Regardless of how passionate you are about your pick of ulzzang you must ALWAYS fill this in. ALWAYS! I have seen apps that completely ignore this section, and let me tell you now, it pisses off the author. What if they get another applicant that uses your same ulzzang? You need to have this section filled in case of emergencies.

An example of this part - (Backup Ulzzang: Jang HaeByeol)

-------------------------------------------

Backup Pictures: Again, this needs to be filled in. The author will probably also have a minimum amount you must fill, just follow what I wrote from before, and you'll be good. For this example, let's pretend the author gave us a minimum of 3 (I'm feeling lazy~). 

An example of this part - (Pictures: 1|2|3)

-------------------------------------------

Now that we got the basics down I want to go a bit further in the choice of ulzzang. Like I said before, there are a multitude of ulzzangs from which you could choose from. To narrow down the choice, we need to focus on the kind of character we want to create! This is basically the first step in making your character come alive. 

Let's say you want to portray a cute character, are you going to choose an ulzzang like Lee Dasom? 

Or wouldn't a better choice be someone like Do HwaeJi?

Well, what about a kind of boyish character?  Kim JeeIn makes a pretty convincing boyish character moreso than Song AhRi does. 

What my point is here is that each ulzzang has an all encompassing "style" to them. Try to get a feel for different ulzzangs styles and keep in mind which would work best for your character! Another important note is to choose the photos that fit your character the most. Don't just pick any photo you see lying about. 


Last Note! Hopefully this chapter helps people out in choosing the perfect ulzzang for their character! Remember that these same rules apply for male characters/ulzzangs as well. Just keep your eyes open and pick what fits your character well. If you need any help, or have questions, do not be afraid to comment below! I would love to help you guys out!