Username, Activeness, and Name!

How to Write a Successful App!

This chapter will be short but it is integral as it tells the author who you are. Really, there is no way you can mess this part up. Just write down the info and boom, you’re ready to head into the rest of the application.

But for now, let’s just go step by step:


Username: This is usually, if not always, the first thing you’ll see on an app. You may be asking why it’s even necessary, I mean you send it in with your account name after all don’t you? Well it’s still needed for the author to know whose app this belongs to. If they were to copy and paste the app into another file to read it later, they will not be able to see your username otherwise. Also many authors choose to use form making websites to make their applications in. Some of you may already be aware of formassembly.com, this is a good example of where the username becomes super important.

What is even better is if you hyperlinked your AFF profile onto this section. What is hyperlinking? Well it’s basically making the text clickable and sending you to another link! This is usually what most authors want in all their apps anyway, so it’s best to get used to hyperlinking right away. Hyperlinking makes everything easier and makes the app look THAT much cleaner. Trust me on this, hyperlinking is your friend.


An example of this part - (Username: Jessy949)

Boom, it’s as simple as that.

-------------------------------------------

 

Activeness: This part will most likely have the author telling you a number scale they want you to use, but from what I’ve personally seen the most popular scale is from 1-10. 10 being the highest, and 1 being the lowest.

Now what does this all mean? Well, it’s really simple. The author is just asking how active are you on AFF. Or in other words, how often do you check up on the stories you’ve subscribed to.

This is really important to the author as they are writing to a supposedly interactive audience. You are creating one of the characters to be used in their story, if you don’t check in every so often, what is the point then? All authors on this site want subscribers, but more importantly they want READERS. People who patiently wait for an update and will leave continuous feedback on the authors chapters.

Nothing is better than knowing people like what you are writing about. So if you’re activeness level is anything below a 5, (maybe you check in once a week, for about half an hour) your character has a slim chance of being picked anyway. If you’re about a 1-3 on that scale, (you hardly check in, only log in about once a month, if that) then please don’t even bother sending in an application. There is no point writing about a character whose creator doesn’t even keep track of.


An example of this part - (Activeness: 10)

Not hard, but it’s good to understand what this is all about, right?

-------------------------------------------

~This one is not always shown, but is fairly used so I’m including it anyway.~


Name: Easily the simplest part of the whole app. Here the author just wants to know what they can call you! Give ONE name and be done with this. I, personally, don’t like reading: “Well, my name is __a__ but everyone calls me __b__, though I really like it when people call me __c__.”

Great.... so what the hell do I call you!? Just keep this simple and don’t overthink it. They still have the rest of your app to go through remember!


An example of this part - (Name: Joy)

See? Easy!


Last Note! And I think that about does it for the first section of almost every application out there! That also does it for this chapter! Huzzah! This chapter is a bit.... simple, but we’re going to move slowly through each section so hopefully people understand the different parts! If you have any questions or comments just leave it down below! Hope this has helped so far. :D