Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 30 “Give me another chance... Together you and I”

 

PART 1

                The 13th of April had finally arrived and Miki’s mother left home very early so she can attend the opening event for their mountain trekking.

                At about 9 am in the morning, Miki was still sleeping soundly when she remembered that she would travel home today. But other than that, she failed to carry out her plan of celebrating her birthday and baking a cake for herself because she will be spending her birthday on the road.

 

                She yawned and just as she took her phone, she saw that someone was calling her. Unluckily, she wasn’t able to press the “Answer” button in time. She checked her Call History and was surprised to find several missed calls. Once again, her phone began to ring.

                She answered it and the person from the other line shouted, “Otanjoubi Omedetou!”

“Eh?! Anou, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your previous calls. I was asleep and my phone was on silent mode and....”

                “I see you just woke up. Don’t worry about it. Anyway, get your self ready; I’ll come pick you up.”

“Huh? What?! Are you...”

                “Don’t ask questions. For now, get your self ready. I’m already on my way there. See you. Bye! ”

The person ended the call and Miki was in a panic.

                “He’s here?! No way! Why didn’t he inform me yesterday or the previous days? Why am I excited? And wait, wasn’t I supposed to go home today? I’m so confused right now!”

 

Miki quickly pored over her clothes checking on what she was going to wear before he arrived. Without much time left, she grabbed a pair of jeans, and a two pieced blouse.

                She rushed out of her room where she encountered her brother coming out of his room.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” He questioned while scratching his head.

                “He’s here! He’s coming to pick me up!”

“What? Who? Who are you talking about?”

                “Him.” Miki shouted as she ran down the flight of stairs.

“Him?! He came?”

                “I don’t know. I’m not sure yet. But he just called me a while ago.”

“Really?”

                Her brother thought for a bit then said, “Wait! Who’s him? Who are you talking about? Which person are you talking about?!”

But her sister wasn’t able to answer his question because she was already in the bathroom.

                After a short while, Miki finished preparing her self and at just the right time that he arrived.

Her brother opened the door and saw who Miki was talking about. “He’s here!” he shouted.

                Miki grabbed her stuff and ran down to the door.

“Hissashiburi! How’s it going?”

                “K... Kei! Anou...” Miki had quickly remembered what she did to him.

Then her brother pushed her out the door and said, “Today’s your birthday right? Go have some fun.”

“But... I’m supposed to go home today.”

                “I’ll tell dad and mom that you’ll be spending your birthday here with me.”

“Then you should come with me.”

                He gave her a slight poke on the forehead and said, “Baka! Go, now. Or I’ll change my mind.”

“Okay, okay already. I’m going... We’re going.”

                Miki went out of the house and Kei lead her to the car. They got in and were on their way. For a while, the two had been silent. Miki found it very awkward and was thinking of how she could start a conversation. Kei noticed that she was fidgeting so he said, “There’s no need for you to act so uneasy. Just act the way you used to be when we met before.”

 

“I’m sorry. I just thought that I was starting to bore you. It’s just that...”

                “No I wasn’t. I don’t feel bored. I was just thinking of something. That’s all.”

“Oh. I see. So, how are you?”

                “I’m fine. How about you? Are you doing okay?”

“Um, yes. I’m fine.”

                “That’s good to hear.”

“By the way, did you come here on your own? Where are the others?”

                “I felt the need to see you most especially since it’s your birthday. The others are a bit busy at the moment.”

“Oh I see. I’m happy you came to visit. How’s the group? Are they okay?”

                “They’re fine.”

“I’m glad to hear that. So um...”

                “What is it?”

“Where are we going?”

                “You’ll see. I just wanted to spend some time with you again.”

Several minutes passed and they arrived at their first destination. Kei took her to the Wright Park.

                “So, are you still able to get a horse to run?”

“Horseback riding? Of course I can still do it.”

                So together they went Horseback riding until it was close to lunch time.

Inoo took her to the usual place that they went to. “50’s diner”

                “I miss this place,” Inoo told her.

They got the usual and as they ate, they took their time to talk about what they missed after they parted ways last January.

                Inoo stared at Miki as they conversed. He felt so happy about the fact that he was once again spending time with her. It felt so natural. It was just the two of them again and he was able to see her smiling face after some time.

                Inoo brought out a digital camera and sat beside Miki.

“Let’s take pictures together. Consider it a remembrance for your 18th birthday.”

                And so Miki agreed to his statement and they took some pictures.

                After eating, Inoo took her to the Botanical Garden for a stroll while they let the food go down. They recalled the fun times that they spent together with the others.

                After their stroll, Miki received a text from her brother telling him that they needed to meet at a place.Miki told Inoo about it but Inoo told her that they had one more destination to go to. Miki sent a reply to her brother asking him to wait a little longer because she and Inoo were going to one more place. Her brother sent a quick reply of “Okay fine but make sure to hurry up. I don’t like waiting for so long.” 

Once again, they rode in the car and Inoo took her to the Mines View Deck.

                Inoo stretched his arms and said, “I miss this place. Don’t you?”

Miki stood beside him and replied, “I miss it too. The place looks...”

                “Similar as to when we came here together,” they referred together.

They looked at each other and Inoo said, “I miss you. I really wanted to see you. And I’m so happy that I did.”

                “Kei, I...”

“Haven’t you noticed? I took you to the places where we went to on our first date.”

                But Miki wasn’t able to notice it this time.Inoo took one step closer and put his arms around her.

“Until now, I can’t forget about the times we spent together. And until now, I still like you. From the time that I met you to the time that you gave me your answer to the time that you left me and at present, I still do.”

                Miki couldn’t answer.

“I know that right now, even though you’re with me, I’m sure that you are thinking of him. You like him more than you like me. But, even though that’s the case, it won’t change my feelings towards you.”

 

                Thinking about what he said, Miki still couldn’t help but recall Yuto. Even though he wasn’t there now, she had a feeling that he can’t simply be replaced. She slowly released her self from his embrace.

She didn’t want hurt Kei’s feelings any longer so she brought out something from her small bag and handed it Inoo while saying, “Kei, I’m sorry. But right now, I don’t think I can accept your feelings. And other than that, I don’t deserve to have this.”

                He didn’t want to take back the necklace that he gave her. Inoo closed her hand and added, “If in time that you are not happy being with him, you know who to look for. I’ll be here waiting for you and let me be the one to take the place in your heart. Keep it. I got that for you.You are the only person I can think of giving it to and the only person fit to have it.”

 

                 Miki wanted to give it back but still Inoo insisted.

After their conversation, they returned to the car and Inoo took her to where she was going to meet his brother.

                Just before Miki was about to go out of the car, Inoo held her chin and was about to but at this point Miki quickly turned away.

“Thank you so much for taking me out today,” Miki told him and got out of the car.

 

Miki and her brother had some family business to attend to during the rest of the afternoon. After their little business, Keele decided that they go home.

____________________

 

PART 2

At about 9 pm, Miki was in her room thinking about Inoo.

“Until now, I can’t forget about the times we spent together. And until now, I still like you. From the time that I met you to the time that you gave me your answer to the time that you left me and at present, I still do.”

“I know that right now, even though you’re with me, I’m sure that you are thinking of him. You like him more than you like me. But, even though that’s the case, it won’t change my feelings towards you.”

                These statements kept whispering in her ear. The scene of their conversation remained on replay in her mind, unmuffled. She shook her head just as her phone beeped.

She received a text message from Kazumi.

“What the? What’s she doing at the mall at this time?” Miki told her self.

She went downstairs and saw that Keele and Shia were playing computer games on his laptop while the television was on.

                     ~Flashback~

                Just as they were about to go home that afternoon, Shia contacted her brother. She was going to stay at their house for the night. When they met up with her, she was holding a box.

                “Happy Birthday!” Shia told Miki as she offered her the box. It was cake.

While Miki was out with Inoo, Keele contacted their parents about her, staying in the city to celebrate her birthday with him. Their father replied saying that he sent money to buy a cake. Keele went out of the house withdrew the money and met up with Shia. He gave the money to her asking her to buy a cake since he had some business to attend to.

                    ~End of Flashback~

                “Nii-chan, can I go to SM? Kazumi’s telling me to go. ASAP.”  

The two were surprised with the idea as well. “What are you going to do there?” Keele asked

“I don’t know with her. Can I please go? She says it’s important.”

                Keele looked at Shia and said, “We’ll have to take you there then. It’s scary that you would go to the mall at this hour.”

                With Keele’s consideration, Miki immediately went up to get her things and after that, they left the house and took a taxi going to SM.

                They arrived and Miki ran to the entrance after sending a message to Kazumi.

“Woah! Wait a second miss!” The guard exclaimed while blocking Miki’s way.

                 “It’s closing time already.” He informed her.

“But my friend is inside. She told me to come here.” Miki argued.

                “I’m sorry but you can’t go in.”

Miki frowned and walked away.

                Suddenly, the guard’s radio phone sounded. He conversed with the other person on the line then,

Miki was staring at her phone trying to contact his brother when someone placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Excuse me miss, is your name Miki?” the guard asked.

“Yes. Why?”

“Someone from inside contacted me telling me to let a girl inside who is wearing pink with a white topper and skirt. Seemingly, the description fits you.”

“Oh, I see. But how’d you know my name?”

“They mentioned it also just in case. It was under their permission that you are allowed to go inside.”

The security guard showed her the way while at the same time, other people wondered why they let her in.

                Just as she got off the escalator, Miki caught a glance of the others together with Kazumi. She rushed towards them with delight as she called out, “I missed you guys!”

 

“Hey! How’s my little sister?” Yabu asked her while putting his hand on her head.

                “I’m fine, how about you?”

“I’m very happy to see you again.”

                She continued to greet the others when Miki remembered Kei. She looked at him and he was smiling as he spoke with Yabu. He acted as though nothing happened a while ago. Again, she noticed.

Yuto wasn’t present. She immediately gave out an unhappy expression. But even though she became aware of this, no one seemed to bring up the topic about his absence.

                “So, what does the birthday celebrant want to do?” Daiki inquired.

“I... I don’t know. I’m already happy to be here with everyone.”

                “Alright then, let’s walk around for a while until everyone is able to find something we all want to do,” Yabu suggested.

                Everyone agreed so they all went around the mall.

While they were looking around the Department store, Miki got lost in her thoughts. She hasn’t felt this happy on her birthday. It was already enough for her. She became teary-eyed and Daiki noticed it when he was about to show her something.

                “Eh? Miki, what’s wrong?” he questioned as he wiped a tear drop off her face.

Miki shook her head and responded, “I... I’m fine. There’s nothing wrong. Don’t worry about it.”

                “Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. I’m just happy because my birthday turned out like this. It was just so unexpected to be here with everyone.”

                They continued to look around the place when Miki noticed something unusual. It was as though they were being followed. She looked behind her but saw no one there. Somehow, she found it funny that some of the stores were still open at this hour. It was all because of her. Everytime they went inside an open shop, she kept receiving a small box with a special treat inside. Whenever she asked why they gave her, the salespeople said that it was from somebody.

She looked behind her and saw the others laughing. It looks like the JUMP members bought their individual presents from different shops.

                They reached the top floor and they noticed that the arcade was still open.

“You guys up for some games?” one of the guys asked.

                “Let’s take a look around first.” Another said.

Yamada saw the billiard table so he announced, “Who wants to play billiards with me?”

With no time to waste, the rest raised their hands. They paid a fee at the cashier and got the billiard sticks. Miki and Kazumi watched when later, the others pulled them in to join.

“It’s okay. We’ll just watch.” Kazumi told them but Keito took her hand and handed her the billiard stick he was using.

“Let me teach you.”

He stood behind her then he let her right hand grip on the far end of the billiard stick then her other hand on the pool table.

Together they leaned forward and aimed the tip at the white ball.

As she was being taught by Keito, Kazumi looked at the other three guys’ reactions and glanced at Yamada. He still had the same expression on his face when they argued that morning.

                A little while later, Miki received a message from her brother.

“Are you done with your business there at the mall? It’s getting late, time to go home.”

                Miki wanted to stay longer with the others but if she stays longer, her brother will surely get angry even though she was with her favourite group. XD

                “Anou, minna. Thank you very much but I have to go home already. If I don’t go then my brother will get mad at me. He only allowed me because Kazumi texted me to meet her and everyone here. I’m sorry if I have to end things like this.”

                Her phone finally began to ring and with no time to lose, she apologized again and ran out of the arcade in a hurry.

“Wait!” everyone yelled.

“This is bad. What about the surprise?” Kazumi told them.

“I know what to do” Yabu assured them and ran out as well.

                Miki reached the exit of the mall that was located by the Supermarket and saw her brother there. She was about to go out when someone’s voice sounded through a microphone.

“Mic test, mic test. Can you hear me? Minna, can you hear me?”

                Miki stopped in her tracks and looked back, “Eh? Yabu nii chan, what’s up?”

                Miki looked at her brother. They were also wondering who was announcing.

She headed towards their direction while listening to Yabu who was talking on the microphone.

                She reached her brother and they listened.

“Miki, are you still inside the mall? Your birthday celebration is not over.”

                “Birthday celebration?” her brother asked.

“I don’t know. We only went around the mall a while ago. And I got this presents from them,” she showed him.

“Miki, your birthday celebration is not over.” Yabu repeated.

“So if you’re still here, please proceed to the balcony stage at the lower ground floor now.”

Miki stared at her brother and finally he gave another consideration.

“Fine already. Now hurry up and go!”

                She hugged her brother and ran off to the said location.

She looked around but no one was there when she arrived. She leaned on the railings and without further adieu,

 

             “Whooosh! Booom!”

 

 Fireworks lit up the beautiful evening sky.

                Miki’s eyes widened with wonder.

Yabu and the others had called pyrotechnics specialists to set up the fireworks.

                The fireworks stopped after a while. Miki clapped her hands and was about to turn away when once again….

             “Whooosh!”

This startled her. She looked up and was surprised to read the words…

 

                 “Dai”

Unluckily she wasn’t able to read the continuation because someone blindfolded her from behind. She was going to struggle to remove it but she heard Daiki’s voice say, “Don’t remove it! Keep it on for a while!”

The person from behind held her hand and slowly led her.

                “What’s going on? Where are you taking me?! ”

“Don’t say a word right now and just follow my instructions” Daiki told her.

                She walked slowly and cautiously when later Daiki told her to walk up the stairs while holding the stranger’s hand.

Several steps more and the stranger let go of Miki’s hands.

 

                “Miki, please don’t remove your blindfold yet.” Daiki instructed her.

Miki stood there when she began to hear music from her surroundings. Piano accompanied by guitar.

 

“Oh turn around; Everytime I get to see you smile it’s all I need

Oh turn around; I’ve got everything when I see you looking back at me

The things I do across the ocean babe, just to be with you

Can I let you know, I cannot hide, these feelings inside.

 

Cause baby I would love to make you mine

Standing right by your side, until the end of time

If only I had the words, it never seems to work, alright

But could it be tonight, and give me one more try.

 

Cause baby I really want to make you mine

I want to stand right by your side until the end of time

If only I had the words, it never seemed to work, alright

But could it be tonight, just give me another try.....”

 

The music continued until it faded.

“Okay Miki, you can remove your blindfold now.” Daiki informed.

                Just as she took off her blindfold, the stagelights lit up without warning. This blinded Miki so she used her hands to repel the light.

“Dai chan, please turn off the lights! I can’t see.”

                All of a sudden, someone went in front, blocked off the light and wrapped his arms around her.

Petrified, she was unable to face up to look at the person’s face.

                “Did you miss me?” the person whispered in her ear.

Feeling irritated, she pushed the person away.

“Who the...”

“Yu...” she stared at him.

                Yuto walked towards her and placed his hand on her cheek.

“I’ve missed you.”

                Miki looked down, her expression turned indignant.

“Missed? Do you have any idea how hard it is to live your life day-by-day feeling so miserable just because you made a damn mistake. And when you tried to correct that, it’s too late. You get to say what you want then just leave without even thinking of how the other person would react and not staying to listen to what the other person has to say. It’s so unfair.”

 

Yuto couldn’t reply.

 

“I’m leaving.”

 

As she was about to walk away...

“Wait! Please don’t go!” he begged as he grabbed her hand.

 

Without looking at his face, “Other than that, do you know how it feels like to be lied at?”

“Lied at? What do you mean?”

                “A person promises you that he’ll never leave you alone but in the end, he did.” “Miki I... I never wanted to leave you but I had no other choice but to go. I wanted to stay beside you. That’s why I thought of leaving something to keep you company.”

“And what is that?” “The bear that you received last New Year.”                 “Huh?! Are you kidding me? It was Kei who gave me that bear.”

“No Miki... That’s what he wanted you to think since he knew that I won’t be able to talk or approach you.”

                Tears flooded her eyes as she stated, “So what’s the point if that bear came from you? It didn’t change the fact that I was still alone. Can it hear me when I speak to it? Can it talk and tell me that everything’s going to be okay? Can it comfort me when I’m feeling down? Can it take care of me when I’m not feeling well? Can it take away my sadness? Can it love me like the way you or Kei did? It may have kept me company but did it really do anything? It didn’t. It just sat there staring at me as it smiled endlessly. I hate it! It holds nothing but a cold expression on its face. It can’t understand me! Not like how a real person does.”

Yuto drew her to him and wrapped his arms around her.                 “Miki I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left you. I never meant to do so. That’s why I came back to see you and to ask you to give me one more chance... One last chance so that I can make up for everything.”

Miki began striking his chest as she said, “No! No! I don’t want to! I hate you! I hate you so much! I’ve only felt sadness...” Yuto immediately stopped her, “Don’t say that! Don’t tell me that! I don’t to want hear those words from you most especially when you don’t really mean them!  It scares me to hear those from you. It scares me that when you say those words that it makes me feel that I’m going to lose you. I don’t want that. I don’t want that to happen.”

“I hate you so much for leaving me here like this. I hate you for not contacting me. I hate you for not listening to what I wanted to say to you before.” She mentioned as she buried her head on his chest.

                He deliberately wiped off her tears and stopped her from crying. “There’s no need for you to cry any further. I’m here. I love you Miki.”

“Please... Promise me that you’ll never leave me again.”

                “Miki, I promise that I will never leave you again.” And he smiled at her.

 

 

PART 3

 

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Miki looked up and saw Yabu and two other people. She wiped off her tears and gave out a smile to hide her pitiful face.

 

Yabu: “I’m glad to see that you were both able to end your heartrending, heartwarming conversation.”

Miki: “Yabu nii chan! Thank you very much for all of your help!”

“You’re very welcome! It’s good that you were able to sort out your problems together. By the way, I told you you were a good match for him.” Yabu told Miki as he finished it off with a wink.

“Okay, you’ve made your point.” Miki replied.

“By the way, if ever that Yuto is giving you problems then you can tell it to me so we can deal with him together,” Yabu gagged.

                “Don’t worry, I will.”

“Hey hey! What are you planning this time Yabu kun?”

Another person joined the conversation...

“Oy Yuto!” Inoo called out.

Yuto glanced at him.

“If you ever try to hurt or make Miki sad then I’ll have no choice but to steal her away from you. And I really mean it when I say it.” Inoo declared.

In a panic Yuto held Miki closer to him and not planning of letting go, “She’s mine and mine alone. I’m not going to let you have her Inoo kun. No way! That’s not going to happen. You’re not going to take her away from me.”

                Miki giggled at how he reacted.

“You never know Yuto kun. I might steal her away once that you take your eyes of her.” Inoo intimidated.

                “Mine” Yuto hissed.

Another person joined in the conversation.

Daiki: “When will this two stop arguing like this.”

The two of them faced him and replied, “You’re the one to talk Daichan since you don’t know what we’re fighting for.”

“Miki, I like you!” Daiki quickly exclaimed.

Miki smiled saying, “Daichan, I like you too!”

“Wait a minute! Miki, what are you saying?” Yuto told her.

“Anou, let’s go out for another date okay?” Daiki invited her.

“Sure! I’d love to go out on a date with you Daichan!”

“What?! No, Miki?” Yuto panicked.

“You shouldn’t complain Yuto kun since that’s how you called it when I go out with Miki for a little while.” Daiki convinced him.

                “Yeah you’re right.... What?! No wait... I can’t let you Daichan. And Miki, what are you saying.”

The two of them laughed at Yuto’s confusion.

Inoo rejoined the conversation saying, “I already have my hands full dealing with one person and it looks like another one just came along. Daichan, I’m not going to let you take Miki.”

“I have no plans in joining your little quarrel Inoo and Yuto. But I want the two of you to know that I won’t let any of you hurt Miki. And I won’t forgive you if you did.” Daiki intimidated them.

“Thank you very much for your care Daichan! I really appreciate it.”

“So, Yuto. You better take care of her properly or else.” Daiki continued.

                “Don’t worry Daichan... Ah, wait... I will take care of her. She’s my girl.” Yuto acknowledged.

As the conversation continued, Miki noticed that Kazumi was not there so she asked, “Yabu nii chan, where’s Kazumi?”

“About Kazumi, the others followed her while you guys were busy with your heartrending, heartwarming conversation a while ago. I’m sure they’re somewhere here around the mall.”

“Oh, I see.”

Yabu dragged the other two as he spoke, “We’ll go find them for you. For now, you stay there. Besides, you still have a lot of catching up to do. If you know what I mean.”

“Um, I’ll leave it to you then nii chan. Thank you very much!” Miki responded.

 

                As the three disappeared, Miki went down from the stage and leaned against the railings again. Yuto followed her.

She looked at the starlit sky and then at the city.

“The sky looks so beautiful tonight.” Miki uttered.

                “I have a feeling that I know what you’re planning on doing.”

“I think that you do. Hm.... Camping out at this kind of night sounds like a really good idea. Don’t you think?”

                “As expected from you. If that’s what you feel like doing then I would love to go camping with you next time.” Yuto answered.

“Really? Then I’ll look forward when you take me out for camping.” Miki replied happily.

                *sighs* “I feel so happy. I never expected that my birthday would turn out like this.”

“Why? Were you going to celebrate your birthday in a different way?”

                “Not actually. I was supposed to go home to our province today but then, there was a sudden turn of events that’s why I didn’t go home. And because of those events, my birthday turned out the way that I never would have thought it would be. So many surprises... And I got a lot of presents from everyone too.”

“You didn’t forget my present right?”

                “Present? What present? I don’t recall...”

“Miki. Don’t tell me you lost it?”

                Seeing the way he reacted, Miki pulled out an envelope from her bag, “You mean this?”

“Thank goodness you didn’t lose it.” Yuto spoke with relief.

                He took the envelope and opened it.

“What’s inside anyway?” Miki asked.

                Yuto took out a box.

“Anou, Yuto...”

                He unwrapped the box and after opening it, he pulled out a necklace.

Miki opened her palms as Yuto handed it to her, “Yuto, it looks so beautiful!”

She put it up as she glanced at it and saw that it looked exactly as the crescent moon that lit up the evening sky. The lustrous bluish gemstone sparkled at the same time.

“Where’d you get it?”

                “I caught it the night when you fell asleep while I was with you.”

“Really? Seriously? Aw, that’s so sweet of you!” Miki laughed. “But you know what; this can’t beat the best surpise that I got tonight.”

                “If that’s not the best surprise, then what is?”

“Of course it’s the fireworks!”

                “Huh? The fireworks were the best surprise? But that’s just part of the big surprise everyone set up for you.” “Oh, was it? But for me it was. But I didn’t enjoy it that much.”

                “Why?”

“It’s because I wasn’t able to read the whole message.”

                “How could you not read the whole message?”

“Well, that’s because some stranger blindfolded me when I was reading it. I only read DAI...”

                “Ahem... Just to let you know, I was the one who blindfolded you. Alright then, if you weren’t able to read it then I’ll tell you.”

“Dai suki!” they spoke at the same time.

                Miki bit her lip. “How’d you know? I thought you weren’t able to read it?”

                “Lucky guess...”

“Well then, if you think that the fireworks were the best surprise then I’ll have to take back that necklace.”

Miki enclosed the necklace in her hands and turned around. “No, it’s mine.”

                “Give it back, give it back,” Yuto mentioned as he struggled trying to get the necklace. They fell on the floor and with the necklace still at hand; Miki unknowingly placed her arms around his neck.

                “I told you, I’m not giving it back. You gave it to me so it’s mine now.” Miki joked.

“No fair. You say that my surprise is not the best one but you’re keeping it.”

                Miki laughed at his expression and added, “You’re present might not be the best one... The fireworks might have been the best surpise but...”

“But what?”

                “It can’t beat the bonus that I got.”

“And that is?”

                “Of course it’s YU...TO...” Miki remarked.

Yuto gave out a smile and drew her closer to a ki.... but his phone suddenly rang.

He pulled it out and answered the call. “Hello? Yabu kun...”

“Yuto, we can’t find Kazumi and the others.”

“What?! But I thought you said that they’re just somewhere here in the mall?”

                “I spoke too soon.”

“Anyway, where are you?”

                “We will meet you here at the exit.”

“Alright then, we’ll meet you there.”

                Miki asked what was going on just as Yuto ended the call.

Yuto placed his hands on her shoulders and said, “Yabu kun just told me that they couldn’t find Kazumi here in the mall. The others are missing as well.”

                “Ha, what? Where could they have gone? Kazumi... Where could she have gone to? It’s not like her to be running off somewhere at this time.”

Yuto calmed her down and he said, “Don’t worry. We’ll find them eventually. As of now, we have to meet Yabu and the others so we can go search for them, okay?”

                Miki nodded.

He grabbed her by the hand and they ran off to the exit.

                As they arrived Yabu was talking to Inoo and Daiki.

“I didn’t think that their issue would turn out this way.”

                Miki overheard Yabu’s words so she quickly joined in on the conversation.

“Nii chan, what issue? What are you talking about?”

                “Mi, Miki... I, I’m sorry...”

“What issue are you talking about? I need an answer. I want to know what made Kazumi leave the mall so unexpectedly.”

                “Well, while you and Yuto were busy sorting out your problems at the stage, Kazumi and the others were doing the same.”

“What was the issue all about?”

                “It was all about Kazumi choosing among the five of them. Of course, on the part of Kazumi, she likes the five of them but it won’t be that kind of case forever. She has to choose one among them. Moreover, if she keeps it that way, it would be difficult for the guys since they’re all competing against each other just to get her attention. Other than that, we will be leaving soon so the guys really want an answer so by the time we leave, their minds would finally be at ease.”

                “What? Don’t... I know they want an answer but... Don’t tell me that they all cornered her in one place just to get one. It’s already difficult for Kazumi to give out an answer but it makes it more difficult because they cornered her like that. She’s a sensitive person. She doesn’t like it when people do something like that to her.”

                Yabu continued, “After that, she suddenly ran out and the others rushed after her.”

“I’m sorry but for me, this is just crazy. It’s totally messed up. Their actions towards Kazumi were rash. But I have to put that aside. Complaining won’t let her suddenly appear out of the blue.”

                “Miki, we’re sorry for this. We’ll do our best and look for her together.”

“By the way, have you tried calling the others?”

                “We have but they’re not answering.”

Miki took out her phone and tried dialling Kazumi’s number.

                “The number that you are trying to reach is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try again later.”

Miki spoke with worry, “She’s not answering her phone. Where could she be? We’ll have to go and look for them.”

                “Where should we start then?” Inoo asked.

“We’ll start at Session Road. We’ll continue to contact each one of them while we look.”

                “Alright then, let’s go!” the others spoke in chorus.

They began their search as they walked down the road. They reached the bottom of Session Road and to no luck, they couldn’t find them.

                Miki became more worried. Yuto couldn’t take seeing her this way. He took out his phone and dialled a number.

Finally someone answered the phone.

                “Hello, where are you?”

“Here at Burnham Park.”

                “You stay where you are and we’ll come look for you.”

“Who was it?” Daiki asked.

                “Kazumi chan.”

Miki immediately began asking questions, “Yuto, where is she? Is she okay?”

                “She’s at the park.”

“What is she doing at the park? She knows very well that the park is a bad place to be at at this time”

“Calm down. I promise you that we’ll find her.” He assured Miki.

 He took her by the hand and together with the others; they split up into two groups and rushed to the park.

                After a few minutes of looking around, they were finally able to locate them.

Miki hurried towards Kazumi and started shaking her.

                “Baka! Baka! Baka!” she said continuously.

“Why’d you go running off like that?! Do you have any idea how worried I was? Don’t dare do something like that ever again!”

She looked behind Kazumi and saw Yamada.

                “You’re lucky that Yamada is here with you or else you would have gotten into trouble.If you ever plan on running off like that then make sure that I’ll be able to find you easily!”

Kazumi apologized and calmed Miki.

                After calming down, Miki stated, “Yamada, thank you for taking care of this klutz for me.”

A few minutes later, they were able to rejoin the others.

It was eleven in the evening when Miki looked at her time. So she decided that it was about time to go home. But the guys insisted that they return to the Manor Hotel.

“I should really go home now. My brother’s probably worried about me most especially because I forgot to contact him when we left the mall. I think Kazumi’s parents would also worry about her as well.”

                “I have already contacted them a while ago so there’s no need to worry.” Yabu assured them.

The two girls looked at each other and had no other choice but to go.

                They arrived at the Manor a little later. The guys lead them to the hall and to their surprise, there was a buffet table, there was a band singing on stage, the room was filled with decorations and also there were many people at the scene.

“What’s with all of these?” they asked with amazement.

                “Birthday celebration.” One answered.

“Seriously?! You guys set this up? For me?”

                “Well it was mostly Yuto’s idea.” Keito pointed at him.

She glanced at Yuto who looked at away while scratching his head.

                Yabu dashed to the stage and gave out an announcement.

“Dear friends, colleagues and visitors. We are sorry for the delay. We had to attend to some business so we weren’t able to start the celebration at an earlier time. But of course, we appreciate that you were able to wait and attend this celebration that we set up. Now I present to you, the celebrant of tonight, to give you a short message.”

                Everyone looked at Miki as the mic was handed to her.

She gulped and she breathed in.

                “Anou, a lot of things sure happened tonight.Well, actually, it all started this morning. I never expected that I would be here with everyone tonight to celebrate my birthday. I apologize for taking up so much of your time but I really appreciate that everyone came to attend this celebration. Thank you very much! Please do enjoy yourselves until this day ends.”

                The room was filled with people’s applause and Miki handed the mic back to Yabu.

The two girls looked around and saw familiar faces. And of course, the two people who they can’t forget were Higeko and Naomi. They approached the stylists and gave their thanks to them.

                “It’s okay, you don’t have to thank us really. Just as I mentioned before, I wanted to dress up girls since I’ve always had my hands full with the boys.”

                “Thank you very much and you’re very welcome as well. We hope that we were able to help you also.” The girls said with a smile.

“You’re very welcome. We hope to see the two of you again.” Higeko told them as they left.

                Miki continued looking around when she spotted her brother walking towards her.

“O... onii chan. I hope you’re enjoying the party.” She told him sweetly.

                “Don’t sweet talk me. Do you have any idea how much trouble you’ve caused me tonight?”

“I... I’m sorry. I can explain.”

                “I don’t want your explanation. First you tell me that you need to go to the mall to meet your friend. After that when I told you to that we’re going home already, you say that you needed to go back inside again. You even left me those presents of yours. Do you have any idea how irritating it was to hold them? Just as you left like that, some guy... What’s his name again; the announcer?”

                “You mean Yabu nii chan?”

“Yes him. He came up to me and asked me to ride inside a black car, go to some hotel and wait at the hall.I asked him why but he told me, “Do it for your little sister.” So we rode in the car and it took us here. In addition to that, do you have any idea how long Shia and I had to wait for you?”

                Miki shook her head.

“We had to wait for about fourty minutes to be exact.”

                “I’m sorry...” Miki answered with guilt.

“Time to go home. Hurry up and...”

                Just as her brother was going to say more, Miki’s hero comes to the rescue.

“Miki I finally found you.” Yuto stated. He glanced at his side and saw a guy who was as tall as him.

                “Anou, you must be her brother.”

“Yes I am. Why? It’s time for her to go home.”

                “Wait a second. I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Yuto Nakajima. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Ah, yeah, sure,” Miki’s brother said as he shook hands with him.

                “I’ve heard a lot about you from your little sister,” he said.

“Oh really? I’ve heard a lot about you also. You know, my sister can’t stop ta...”

                Miki’s eyes widened and elbowed her brother by the stomach.

“Ouch, what? What did I do?”

                “Brother, I think you have said enough already.” Miki glared at her brother.

“Anyway since you’re here, I would like to ask you something.”

                “What is it?”

Yuto placed his arm around Miki’s shoulders as he said, “I would like to take your sister.”

                “WHAT?!” Keele distressed.

“Yuto, I think you have said enough.” Miki told him.

                “Wait, did I say that wrongly? What I meant was I need your approval so that I will be...”

“Wait, stop. I think I know what you mean. Make sure to take good care of her and don’t ever plan on doing anything crazy or else you’re in big trouble.”

                “Thank you very much! Then can I call you onii chan too?”

“Don’t push your luck. Don’t call me that.”

                “Oh okay. I understand. So then, I would be very happy if you allow me to spend some time with your sister for tonight.”

                Keele looked at Shia to get her reaction and Shia shrugged and gave out a slight nod.

“Don’t do anything crazy.” Keele warned him.

                “Thank you very much. Miki let’s go.”

They left them and Yuto took her to the balcony. They sat on the bench and started talking.

                “So, what are we supposed to do know after you suddenly just barged in and said surprising things to my brother?”

“I don’t really know. All I wanted was to spend the last hour of your birthday with you.”

                “Eh?” Miki blushed.

“And I mean that I want to spend it with you alone; just the two of us sitting together under the starlit sky.”

                “Yuto, I...”

“Sshh...” He touched her neck and their heads leaned closer....

                 But at that that critical moment after a kiss, they opened their eyes and saw that there was someone in between them.

Yabu smiled prettily as he said, “Thank you very much for your kisses.”

Miki laughed, “Eh? You’re welcome nii chan.” XD

                As for Yuto, “What?! Yabu kun, what are you doing here?! Why’d you have to appear... Your timing is always bad. Can’t you guys give us some space? I mean, I took every effort just so I can be with her alone and you appear out of the blue and... Miki! How could you be so happy about kissing him? It should have been... Ah! Why do I have to be so unlucky? Why me?!”

 

And now we have reached the end of this Fan Fiction. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Or was it still not enough? Well, my friend and I are thinking of making a sort of Season 2 but it will depend if we have time to talk about it. ^_^

Let's just say that here, no matter what Yuto does, he just can't score a kiss with Miki. You really are unfortunate not like how fortunate Yabu and Inoo are. XDD